Freescale Semiconductor

Freescale Semiconductor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good job
CVD Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: long hours
Worked at Freescale for 19 years. It was a great place to work. The hours were long and they tend to always start a new “strategy” with out finishing the last one. But I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot.
Motorola Classic.
Product Engineer - Technician (Former Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 26, 2015
Excellent crew and familiar faces from the Motorola / ON Semiconductor past. Budget issues with latest project called for reduction in number of temporary workers.
I enjoyed working at Freescale
Instrumentation & Controls Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: dysfunctional enviroment
I was laid off unexpectedly. I started there in the IT department, it was outsourced and I got picked up inn Facility Operations as a Instrumentation and Controls Technician.
The engament of HR for employees.
Security Manager (Former Employee), Petaling, M10February 16, 2015
Pros: regualr events on birthdays and festivals celebrations with the leadership
Contact engagement with the management for relevant task.
Provide my team the relevant security knowledge and the employees on the Awareness for security in keys areas.
Networking and interaction with employees at work and after office hours. The hardest part is to investigate key people and also prosecuting them with HR.
To be able to work freely ithout any interference and no negative innuendos from external parties.
Old School Tech company...
Automotive Functional Safety Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: out of touch management
Worked there a long time and management was not good at helping you to advance your career. So concerned with the task at hand that no time was spent helping people explore new career directions.
look elsewhere for long term career
Product Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: enjoyed working with my co-workers
Cons: poor mid to upper level management - opaque strategy to resource allocation, if there is one
Tolerable place to work until you get laid off without warning.

Product definition on a large is done with a shotgun approach - flood the market with hundreds of part number and they see what sticks. Very inefficient from a resource allocation standpoint.

The semiconductor industry has an oversupply of workers especially in the Austin area, and Freescale exploits this to their fullest. They will keep employees until they get too expensive, then lay them off.

Layoffs are an ongoing epidemic. They are kept at low but frequent pace so they don't have to make announcements.
Cleans-diffusion operator/Implant operator (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: worked with some really great people.
Cons: needed better training programs
Productive work place, worked with some really great people. I liked working for the Etch and Cleans departments. Etch Superviser was really great person to work for.
Was a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 29, 2015
Was a good place to work. Benefits were great. Compensation was decent. Really enjoyed my co-workers.
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Petaling, M10January 28, 2015
Pros: lunch coupon (not sure about current benefit)
Cons: healthcare
Nice place to work. Very flexible. Learned about assembled and trouble shoot PCB Board. Not only focusing on company output while give more important to working staff too. I already resigned on 2006 from this company. Not sure with current environment.
Good company
Analog Designer (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2015
Very good company. Interesting and challenging work to do and a lot to learn. People are very helpful.
The theme is to mprove gross margin
Senior Member Technical Staff (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: most people are very sharp and great to work with
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement
A once great place to work.
Recently work life balance benefits have been revoked.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the technical challenge and very good colleagues. The most challenging part of the job is the immense decrease in productivity due to a change in the engineering compute environment.

I had the benefit of learning about all technologies from foundry 16 nm to proprietary high voltage high performance. Some colleagues I have learned from are the best in the business.
Work place was very deversified and a plesant place to work.
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: working there i was able to get my house.
Cons: they had to shut our area down, which was sad.
A typical day at work with Freescale, would begin getting into a bunny suit to start your day. Then to your group meeting to get an update on work that was priority or areas needing attention. Getting your quals for each of the tools was accomplished by looking on the computers. Making sure all tools were up and running. Continued throughout the night making sure everything ran as smooth as possible. I worked with a great team and it was more like a family setting. Management was a major factor with everything running per spec, keeping everyone in the loop of major areas which needed attention.
great
Manufacturing Assembler (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 17, 2014
loved it the atmosphere, the people the management the support system the birthday parties all of it was awesome the pay the location the respect and training . loved the management and the helped they provided me with.
A decent place to work
Cleanroom Operator (Former Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: hard to advance
Qualing tools everyday
data entry a must
attention to detail
Management was okay
co-workers worked side by side and helped each other out
no advancement
break time when you could have a cup of coffee and get off of your feet.
You will learn a lot
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee), Delhi IndiaNovember 6, 2014
Amazing people who are the real strength of this company and grow faster than peers
Fun, Enjoyable
Developer (Former Employee), IndiaSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: process of production support
Production support, Technology, Fun activity and Enjoyable
Cafeteria, computer room, company paid lunches, discounts on certain things (ex. cell phones)
Clean-room Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: teamwork, reasonable lunch breaks, overtime, reasonable work hours, management always there when needed
It was a great working environment to be at, staff and fellow coworkers were always on the same page teamwork was excellent also an great family environment that people always get along and willing to lend an helping hand.
Productive workplace
India - Intern (Former Employee), Noida, UPAugust 31, 2014
Excellent place to learn.
Co workers are friendly and knowledgeable.
Work doesn't stop, even on weekends.
Yoga and keep fit
ASIC Design Contractor Engineer (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 22, 2014
Mixed people good environment. But low payment. Place is very cool and in remote location.
Great internship experience!
Software Development Intern (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 12, 2014
I spent my summer internship at the Austin location of Freescale Semiconductor. Overall, my experience here went above and beyond my expectations. As a CS major who just finished their first year of college, I expected my first internship to things like documentation, possibly even secretarial work. However, I came to Freescale coding right away on projects that my team is currently working on, as well as projects specific to my internship. Every day I learn something new, which makes coming to work exciting. Although my primary mentor works in different country (so our main form of contact was IM), he was extremely helpful and more than willing to answer my questions and teach me about the technologies required for my project.

I've had a positive experience with the management at Freescale. I've had lunch with the CFO, and the CEO even threw an intern party at his house. I didn't expect this tightness between management, employees, and interns, and I really enjoyed this work culture.

The hardest part of my internship was the vasts amount of new technologies and terminologies I had to be familiar with to complete projects. As this is to be expected (I'd rather learn a lot of new things and feel uncomfortable than only work with what I know in complete comfort) in a way I felt that my expectations as a first-time intern was a bit high. I'd normally be fine with this, but with my mentor and manager located hundreds or even thousands of miles away, it's often frustrating to feel like I'm "on my own."

All in all, wonderful experience here at Freescale. I've learned so many things in my time here that I haven't learned in college, and - although I know I still have alot to learn - I feel more competent confident as a software developer.

1 2 3 4 5

About Freescale Semiconductor

Freescale Semiconductor Holdings I, Ltd. (Freescale) is engaged in the design and manufacture of embedded processors. In addition – Read more