Freescale Semiconductor

Freescale Semiconductor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company
Analog Designer (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2015
Very good company. Interesting and challenging work to do and a lot to learn. People are very helpful.
The theme is to mprove gross margin
Senior Member Technical Staff (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: most people are very sharp and great to work with
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement
A once great place to work.
Recently work life balance benefits have been revoked.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the technical challenge and very good colleagues. The most challenging part of the job is the immense decrease in productivity due to a change in the engineering compute environment.

I had the benefit of learning about all technologies from foundry 16 nm to proprietary high voltage high performance. Some colleagues I have learned from are the best in the business.
Work place was very deversified and a plesant place to work.
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: working there i was able to get my house.
Cons: they had to shut our area down, which was sad.
A typical day at work with Freescale, would begin getting into a bunny suit to start your day. Then to your group meeting to get an update on work that was priority or areas needing attention. Getting your quals for each of the tools was accomplished by looking on the computers. Making sure all tools were up and running. Continued throughout the night making sure everything ran as smooth as possible. I worked with a great team and it was more like a family setting. Management was a major factor with everything running per spec, keeping everyone in the loop of major areas which needed attention.
great
Manufacturing Assembler (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 17, 2014
loved it the atmosphere, the people the management the support system the birthday parties all of it was awesome the pay the location the respect and training . loved the management and the helped they provided me with.
A decent place to work
Cleanroom Operator (Former Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: hard to advance
Qualing tools everyday
data entry a must
attention to detail
Management was okay
co-workers worked side by side and helped each other out
no advancement
break time when you could have a cup of coffee and get off of your feet.
You will learn a lot
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee), Delhi IndiaNovember 6, 2014
Amazing people who are the real strength of this company and grow faster than peers
Fun, Enjoyable
Developer (Former Employee), IndiaSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: process of production support
Production support, Technology, Fun activity and Enjoyable
Cafeteria, computer room, company paid lunches, discounts on certain things (ex. cell phones)
Clean-room Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: teamwork, reasonable lunch breaks, overtime, reasonable work hours, management always there when needed
It was a great working environment to be at, staff and fellow coworkers were always on the same page teamwork was excellent also an great family environment that people always get along and willing to lend an helping hand.
Productive workplace
India - Intern (Former Employee), Noida, UPAugust 31, 2014
Excellent place to learn.
Co workers are friendly and knowledgeable.
Work doesn't stop, even on weekends.
Yoga and keep fit
ASIC Design Contractor Engineer (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 22, 2014
Mixed people good environment. But low payment. Place is very cool and in remote location.
Great internship experience!
Software Development Intern (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 12, 2014
I spent my summer internship at the Austin location of Freescale Semiconductor. Overall, my experience here went above and beyond my expectations. As a CS major who just finished their first year of college, I expected my first internship to things like documentation, possibly even secretarial work. However, I came to Freescale coding right away on projects that my team is currently working on, as well as projects specific to my internship. Every day I learn something new, which makes coming to work exciting. Although my primary mentor works in different country (so our main form of contact was IM), he was extremely helpful and more than willing to answer my questions and teach me about the technologies required for my project.

I've had a positive experience with the management at Freescale. I've had lunch with the CFO, and the CEO even threw an intern party at his house. I didn't expect this tightness between management, employees, and interns, and I really enjoyed this work culture.

The hardest part of my internship was the vasts amount of new technologies and terminologies I had to be familiar with to complete projects. As this is to be expected (I'd rather learn a lot of new things and feel uncomfortable than only work with what I know in complete comfort) in a way I felt that my expectations as a first-time intern was a bit high. I'd normally be fine with this, but with my mentor and manager located hundreds or even thousands of miles away, it's often frustrating to feel like I'm "on my own."

All in all, wonderful experience here at Freescale. I've learned so many things in my time here that I haven't learned in college, and - although I know I still have alot to learn - I feel more competent confident as a software developer.
Awesome Experience
Project Intern (Former Employee), Noida, UPAugust 10, 2014
Supportive Group , Friendly Environment , Good co -workers
Temporary assignment
Wafer Fabrication Technician (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 5, 2014
Pros: very interesting cutting edge work.
Cons: long 12 hour night shifts.
Long 12 hour shift, somewhat boring but interesting work.
Learned hoe microchips were manufactured and reconditioned.
Never really interacted with management only lead technicians.
Good coworkers.
Long shifts, working nights, bunny suits.
Very interesting work.
Great Job in cleanroom enviroment
Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at freescale is pretty interesting. You get to Freescale, you suit up into cleanroom attire, went to your designated station, loaded and unloaded machines, and also ran tests on machines. Management and co-workers were great people. Always willing to help you better understand the systems and machines. The hardest part of the job was wearing the clean room suit. The only visible part of you was your eyes and those had goggles over them. The enjoyable part was that you could always learn something new.
A fast passed job in a unique environment
Fab Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: long weekends
Cons: long work days, on your feet all day
I enjoyed my time at Freescale Semiconductor. Everyone works hard to execute their job in an effective manner. Everyday you wear a full body clean suit, which only takes a day or two to get used to. The environment is a busy environment that resembles a laboratory more than it does a manufacturing room.
very productive and strict workplace
process operator (Former Employee), austin,texasJuly 21, 2014
very productive workplace with lots of advanced technology
Working in a cleanroom plant
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee), Austin, TxJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the money
Cons: the suits we had to wear in the cleanroom to hot
I liked the co-workers. I learned how to clean computer wafers. Management I didn't like at all he was mean. the hardest part was some times learning new programs
TI is no longer the company it used to be
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: too many layoffs
TI current CEO has outsourced every job he can overseas
Fabs are being closed every other year
Production Operator
CLEANS OPERATOR/TRAINER (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 13, 2014
Cons: steel floor
Loaded Unloaded Silicone Wafers onto tools throughout different areas daily. On your feet for a 12 hr shift on a Steel Grated Floor.
Productive workplace to work with gym and cafeteria.
Reticle Specialist, Photo Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 3, 2014
Pros: fair fringe benefits
Cons: short breaks, morale issues
Enjoyed the teamwork environment.
Ample opportunities to crosstrain and learn different operations.
Learned to multitask and timemanagement skills.
Kept always busy and engaged that time went fast.

1 2 3 4 5

About Freescale Semiconductor

Freescale Semiconductor Holdings I, Ltd. (Freescale) is engaged in the design and manufacture of embedded processors. In addition – Read more