Freescale Semiconductor

Freescale Semiconductor Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 7, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, paid time off and great pay
Maintained calendars
Provide support to all staff levels
Monitor expense reports for Executive's staff
• Develops, implements, maintains, and communicates work procedures to ensure high quality of administrative support and to facilitate a smooth work flow.
• Serves as a liaison between executives, managers, staff, and visitors as required.
• Reads – more... mail, highlights action or important items, and attaches relevant files or information for Executive's review. Drafts response on more complex correspondence. Delegates when appropriate.
• Administers the department's record keeping system

Submit all purchase orders in SAP, Mysupply and company credit cards – less
Fun, Enjoyable
Developer (Former Employee), IndiaSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: process of production support
Production support, Technology, Fun activity and Enjoyable
Cafeteria, computer room, company paid lunches, discounts on certain things (ex. cell phones)
Clean-room Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: teamwork, reasonable lunch breaks, overtime, reasonable work hours, management always there when needed
It was a great working environment to be at, staff and fellow coworkers were always on the same page teamwork was excellent also an great family environment that people always get along and willing to lend an helping hand.
Productive workplace
India - Intern (Former Employee), Noida, UPAugust 31, 2014
Excellent place to learn.
Co workers are friendly and knowledgeable.
Work doesn't stop, even on weekends.
Yoga and keep fit
ASIC Design Contractor Engineer (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 22, 2014
Mixed people good environment. But low payment. Place is very cool and in remote location.
Great internship experience!
Software Development Intern (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 12, 2014
I spent my summer internship at the Austin location of Freescale Semiconductor. Overall, my experience here went above and beyond my expectations. As a CS major who just finished their first year of college, I expected my first internship to things like documentation, possibly even secretarial work. However, I came to Freescale coding right away on – more... projects that my team is currently working on, as well as projects specific to my internship. Every day I learn something new, which makes coming to work exciting. Although my primary mentor works in different country (so our main form of contact was IM), he was extremely helpful and more than willing to answer my questions and teach me about the technologies required for my project.

I've had a positive experience with the management at Freescale. I've had lunch with the CFO, and the CEO even threw an intern party at his house. I didn't expect this tightness between management, employees, and interns, and I really enjoyed this work culture.

The hardest part of my internship was the vasts amount of new technologies and terminologies I had to be familiar with to complete projects. As this is to be expected (I'd rather learn a lot of new things and feel uncomfortable than only work with what I know in complete comfort) in a way I felt that my expectations as a first-time intern was a bit high. I'd normally be fine with this, but with my mentor and manager located hundreds or even thousands of miles away, it's often frustrating to feel like I'm "on my own."

All in all, wonderful experience here at Freescale. I've learned so many things in my time here that I haven't learned in college, and - although I know I still have alot to learn - I feel more competent confident as a software developer. – less
Awesome Experience
Project Intern (Former Employee), Noida, UPAugust 10, 2014
Supportive Group , Friendly Environment , Good co -workers
Temporary assignment
Wafer Fabrication Technician (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 5, 2014
Pros: very interesting cutting edge work.
Cons: long 12 hour night shifts.
Long 12 hour shift, somewhat boring but interesting work.
Learned hoe microchips were manufactured and reconditioned.
Never really interacted with management only lead technicians.
Good coworkers.
Long shifts, working nights, bunny suits.
Very interesting work.
Great Job in cleanroom enviroment
Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 1, 2014
A typical day at freescale is pretty interesting. You get to Freescale, you suit up into cleanroom attire, went to your designated station, loaded and unloaded machines, and also ran tests on machines. Management and co-workers were great people. Always willing to help you better understand the systems and machines. The hardest part of the job was wearing – more... the clean room suit. The only visible part of you was your eyes and those had goggles over them. The enjoyable part was that you could always learn something new. – less
A fast passed job in a unique environment
Fab Operator (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: long weekends
Cons: long work days, on your feet all day
I enjoyed my time at Freescale Semiconductor. Everyone works hard to execute their job in an effective manner. Everyday you wear a full body clean suit, which only takes a day or two to get used to. The environment is a busy environment that resembles a laboratory more than it does a manufacturing room.
very productive and strict workplace
process operator (Former Employee), austin,texasJuly 21, 2014
very productive workplace with lots of advanced technology
Working in a cleanroom plant
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Former Employee), Austin, TxJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the money
Cons: the suits we had to wear in the cleanroom to hot
I liked the co-workers. I learned how to clean computer wafers. Management I didn't like at all he was mean. the hardest part was some times learning new programs
TI is no longer the company it used to be
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: too many layoffs
TI current CEO has outsourced every job he can overseas
Fabs are being closed every other year
Production Operator
CLEANS OPERATOR/TRAINER (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 13, 2014
Cons: steel floor
Loaded Unloaded Silicone Wafers onto tools throughout different areas daily. On your feet for a 12 hr shift on a Steel Grated Floor.
Productive workplace to work with gym and cafeteria.
Reticle Specialist, Photo Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 3, 2014
Pros: fair fringe benefits
Cons: short breaks, morale issues
Enjoyed the teamwork environment.
Ample opportunities to crosstrain and learn different operations.
Learned to multitask and timemanagement skills.
Kept always busy and engaged that time went fast.
Culture of Motorola
Product Engineer (Former Employee), Tianjin, ChinaJune 25, 2014
Project management
Data analysis
Dealing with Customer complaint
Response within 24 hours
A Great Learning Experience
Sr. DFT Design Engineer, SOC Team (Current Employee), Noida, UPJune 17, 2014
- Excellent place for freshers.
- Great opportunities to learn
- Good management
- Given exposure to multiple aspects of DFT
Freescale - Austin Site (ATMC) Hates GCA Contract Workers
Sr. Electronic Technician (Internal Repairs) (Former Employee), Ed BluesteinJune 14, 2014
Cons: cafeteria food sucks, regular employees hate contract workers.
Difficult work environment, management is indifferent (and you are looked down upon) to employees. Told to never talk to Supervisors/Managers (or anyone else) in work area.

First day on the job, said Hi to my new boss, and was almost written up, and told to never talk to him again.

Pay is dismal compared to work experience/education.
Productive and fun workplace with excellent work/life balance
Analog Design Engineer (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLJune 5, 2014
I like everything about Freescale - culture, people, environment, ping-pong table, Gym, Coffee pantries.
Passive aggressive company on the decline
Program Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 28, 2014
Pros: company finally paying bonuses again
Cons: passive aggressive, lose-lose culture
Freescale has had a progression of senior leadership teams that acted as pirates, successively pillaging what remains of the company. The company doesnt seem to treat any of its stakeholders well (customers, stockholders, employees or suppliers). As a result, market position has slipped from top 3 to barely in the top 20 in the past 16 years.

There – more... is some hope that the latest CEO has established a vision and brought in a team that will finally stay for a while and reap what they sow. With a few exceptions, the new team seems pretty solid. At least they all live in the right locations, which hasn't been the case for the previous 2 regimes. Revenue and profitability are finally trending up, but there is still a lot of work and difficult decisions ahead. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Freescale Semiconductor

Freescale Semiconductor Holdings I, Ltd. (Freescale) is engaged in the design and manufacture of embedded processors. In addition – Read more