Freeport-McMoran Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great mining company to work for.
Engineer (Former Employee), ArizonaFebruary 2, 2016
Solid company who truly cares about their employees. It was certainly a fun-loving atmosphere. I learned a lot about how to manage and control large scale projects.
Good compensation and benefit package
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Bagdad, AZJanuary 10, 2016
Good compensation and benefit package. My current position provided me great experience in employee relations. There was no such thing as a "typical" day.
Great company and even better co workers
ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), ArizonaDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Lots of PTO in your first year, great insurance, other benefits
Cons: Fluctuating markets can cause some job instability
The company has a reputation for being difficult to in the door as a new employee. They are selective and you must meet the qualifications for them to even call you. No exceptions, no help from someone you know who works for them, completely on your own merit. Can take a couple months+ before your first day if your selected which can be a real downside if your out of work. Its worth the wait, great benefits and the people are awesome.
Great company with great benefits
Administrative Assistant - Moly Operations (Current Employee), Green Valley, AZNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits, bonuses
Cons: based on stock and production
Freeport is a great company to work for and would rather stay employed with the company. However, due to stock prices and the price of metals, Freeport down sizes to compensate losses.
Work
Certified diagnostic electrician (Current Employee), Morenci, AZNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Secure job
Cons: Long hours, high stress
The average day includes 2 hours of meetings starting at 6:00am then by 7:15am the plan for the day has changed about three times. All in all despite the hectic mornings we have a large challenge to keep a massive plant running and all the equipment ready to run.
Internships with Freeport McMoRan is great experience!
Project Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Vanadium, NMNovember 9, 2015
As an intern Freeport gave me challenging meaningful project that gave me valuable learning experiences and made a difference for the company.
Haul truck driver trainee
Haul truck driver (Former Employee), Morenci, AZNovember 9, 2015
The training is 3 months long, you spend the first 2 months doing general labor, picking up trash around the mine, they provide a bucket and a pick stick, you sweep side walks, you wash and detail managers cars, wash employees vans, paint , move furniture between offices to prepare for meetings or if a secretary moves from an office to another, anything labor that needs to be done trainees are called to do it and Pledge of Allegiance to the flag every morning, you start training on trucks the third month.
Great Learning experience
Global Supply Chain Summer Intern (Former Employee), Bagdad, AZOctober 25, 2015
This summer internship was a great learning experience. It was challenging and rewarding, I was able to develop an accurate perception of global supply chain while develop my SAP/ERP skills
Horrible Sr. Management Decisions
Safety Manager (Current Employee), ArizonaOctober 7, 2015
Pros: affordable benefits. Global operations.
Cons: Human resource. Career development
There is no career track safety professionals. The company is quick to move people with zero health and safety experience into the safety department. This is compromising the credibility of safety
Good Place to work
Reliability/Project Engineer (Current Employee), Green Valley, AZAugust 29, 2015
Pros: opportunities to advance
Cons: low copper prices
An organization that strives to produce copper in a safe and efficient way. Provides a lot of opportunities for individuals to learn and adapt to the business need.
Management can sometimes be unclear of expectations and can tend to overlook work done by some individuals.
Overall a good place to work but management should step up a bit.
Active and Productive work environment
Global Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2015
Nice place to work. Approximately 30,000 employees and 50,000 contract employees which follow the same code of conduct and expectations around the world.
Hard, Grubby Work but I Liked It Most Days!
Sr. Process Plant Automation Technician (Former Employee), Morenci, AZFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits, some of the people, learning new skills
Cons: overmeddling hr department, lack of direction and decisiveness in management
I worked in the radio shop in an open pit copper mine, which was usually dusty, especially in the summer and would turn into a quagmire whenever there was heavy rain. I had to board electric and hydraulic shovels sometimes and there was thick grease everywhere that I had to be careful not to get on my clothes but sometimes would anyway.

I learned about the Motorola MOTOTRBO trunked radio system as well as mesh networks and computer-based instrumentation systems. I liked the radio programming and computer networking and configuration as well as man basket truck operation aspects of the job the most, new equipment installation and daily preventative maintenance on heavy equipment not as much.
Damp work place
Industrial Plant Technician Journeyman (Former Employee), Bagdad, AZJanuary 20, 2015
FMI is good company with marginal leadership. The location is remote. the hours are long.
Production truck driver
Operator Maintenance (Former Employee), Santa Rita, NMAugust 29, 2014
This may have been the most boring job I have ever held. I drove from collecting a load in my assigned truck and took it to the dumpsite and then back to get another load.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2014
co-workers are ok they show to much favoritism management sucks I learned to run different equipment
Business needs rule
Diagnostic Electrician (Current Employee), Morenci, AZApril 16, 2014
Pros: good money and benefits
Cons: poor management
Have not been allowed to work at a job that I have applied for except for the first 6 weeks I was employed
Just
Heavy-duty diesel mechanic (Former Employee), Morenci, AZNovember 14, 2013
Pros: easy living
Cons: poor managment
Its an ok place to work if you live there all the time. Morenci has really cheap houses for rent if you work for freeport.
good place to work for.
Underground Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Empire, COOctober 14, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: low pay
We worked 12 hour shifts six to six lots of days off. Great benefits. all of the coworkers were great to work with. Management could use some change to better the company.
Horrible.
Skilled labor (Former Employee), ColoradoJuly 27, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: name it....
The entire organization is a farce. The lies were endless and the "culture by design" is nothing more than a smokescreen to attempt to fool good people into thinking that this company actually cares about them. Don't waste your time and effort. Look elsewhere.
i was nice to work were i knew people
Intern (Former Employee), Morenci, AZJanuary 9, 2013
my typle day was easy i leared how not to blow up a tire my boss was cool he was lay back the haredest part was the cold what i most enjoyed was u would work like 7 days straigt and have 8 off