Freeport-McMoran Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Active and Productive work environment
Global Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2015
Nice place to work. Approximately 30,000 employees and 50,000 contract employees which follow the same code of conduct and expectations around the world.
Hard, Grubby Work but I Liked It Most Days!
Sr. Process Plant Automation Technician (Former Employee), Morenci, AZFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits, some of the people, learning new skills
Cons: overmeddling hr department, lack of direction and decisiveness in management
I worked in the radio shop in an open pit copper mine, which was usually dusty, especially in the summer and would turn into a quagmire whenever there was heavy rain. I had to board electric and hydraulic shovels sometimes and there was thick grease everywhere that I had to be careful not to get on my clothes but sometimes would anyway.

I learned about the Motorola MOTOTRBO trunked radio system as well as mesh networks and computer-based instrumentation systems. I liked the radio programming and computer networking and configuration as well as man basket truck operation aspects of the job the most, new equipment installation and daily preventative maintenance on heavy equipment not as much.
Damp work place
Industrial Plant Technician Journeyman (Former Employee), Bagdad, AZJanuary 20, 2015
FMI is good company with marginal leadership. The location is remote. the hours are long.
Production truck driver
Operator Maintenance (Former Employee), Santa Rita, NMAugust 29, 2014
This may have been the most boring job I have ever held. I drove from collecting a load in my assigned truck and took it to the dumpsite and then back to get another load.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2014
co-workers are ok they show to much favoritism management sucks I learned to run different equipment
Business needs rule
Diagnostic Electrician (Current Employee), Morenci, AZApril 16, 2014
Pros: good money and benefits
Cons: poor management
Have not been allowed to work at a job that I have applied for except for the first 6 weeks I was employed
Just
Heavy-duty diesel mechanic (Former Employee), Morenci, AZNovember 14, 2013
Pros: easy living
Cons: poor managment
Its an ok place to work if you live there all the time. Morenci has really cheap houses for rent if you work for freeport.
good place to work for.
Underground Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Empire, COOctober 14, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: low pay
We worked 12 hour shifts six to six lots of days off. Great benefits. all of the coworkers were great to work with. Management could use some change to better the company.
Horrible.
Skilled labor (Former Employee), ColoradoJuly 27, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: name it....
The entire organization is a farce. The lies were endless and the "culture by design" is nothing more than a smokescreen to attempt to fool good people into thinking that this company actually cares about them. Don't waste your time and effort. Look elsewhere.
i was nice to work were i knew people
Intern (Former Employee), Morenci, AZJanuary 9, 2013
my typle day was easy i leared how not to blow up a tire my boss was cool he was lay back the haredest part was the cold what i most enjoyed was u would work like 7 days straigt and have 8 off
Its a good company to work for
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Claypool, AZMay 22, 2012
Pros: good pay and benifets
Cons: long hours and shift work
the company is great.when copper prices are high,but once the prices fall,u lose ur job,