Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold

Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Freeport
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Miami, AZNovember 22, 2013
This job entailed working 12 hr shifts 4 days on 4 days off within the reclaimation project of Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold. The job duties included reclaiming of tailing site with the pushing and maintaining dumps cutting 3:1 slopes with the aide of a GPS Carlson system and the operation of various equipment was used to obtain our objective.
Great Place to Work
Sr. Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2013
Pros: free fitness center, parking, water, soda, tea, coffee, bus passes, etc.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents, with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. As a core value, we pledge to continuously improve in meeting our commitment to work – more... in the most safe, inclusive, environmentally and socially responsible manner practicable. Safety and health initiatives, both on and off the job, are a critically important investment in our employees.

We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding work environment for a company that supplies the world with metals that will sustain and expand economies and build infrastructure in developing nations. A world of opportunities is available to individuals who share in our commitments.

The environment is busy and fast-paced. The culture is open. This is a very "employee friendly" organization. – less
The Mining Industry is Very Unstable
Health & Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Safford, AZFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: working in az
Cons: working 60+ hours and getting paid for 40.
Working in such an unstable environment, workers and management are forced to look out for themselves regardless of the consequences to others.
good pay, good benefits, small town atmosphere
Support Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Tyrone, NMOctober 29, 2012
with the cost of living so low in new mexico, the pay we recieve at freeport is great. the benefits are good as well - health insurance, vacation, bonus programs, 401k match. the town is very small, which is nice, but it can be a challenge to infiltrate the "brotherhood"; in some instances there are generations of guys working at the mine & that can – more... be hard when you're a new guy. – less
Great benefits and salary. Solid company with facilities around the world.
Senior Health and Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Silver City, NMJuly 26, 2012
Personnel in site locations are very hard workers. Copany has operations around the world. Long working days hours

Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Photos