Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Your fellow co-workers make the job
Senior development operator (Former Employee), Henderson Mine, Empire COMarch 10, 2016
They have there ups and downs. The people I worked with really made the job the job. The underground life turns ordinary people into family and people you can rely and trust. Management has ups and downs as well. Sometimes making your feel like there head hunting but they make safety there number on priority which is a plus. You always work 12 hr shifts either 6am to 6pm or visa versa so if you aren't capable of long hours then its probably not the job for you. It pays well once you work there over a year and you have a lot of time off. I can say if they didn't have to do a reduction if force I would still be there.
Good Company with great pay and benefits
Master Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee), Green Valley, AZDecember 14, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, tool allowance, paid vacations
Cons: Job fluxuations due to world market commodity prices
Best company I have ever worked for . I feel valued for my skill set and have been recognized for positive achievements . They offer relocation packages and bonuses etc. . The companies HR department has a strong role with the company where most unions would usually provide some job protection there is actually an employee board randomly appointed for arbitration on firings etc. . I have seen multiple people get fired and then return to work after the arbitration process . It's a steady job that pays well with good benefits . Enough said .
One amazing company car
Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: great benefits and working culture
Cons: shift work life balance can be tricky
Having the independence and confidence to operate the type of machinery at this job was immensely satisfying. Working with a great crew in an ever-changing environment taught me a lot.
Nepotism
Relief Hoist Operator OM5 (Current Employee), Empire, CONovember 5, 2015
Pros: Insurance
Cons: Lack of advancement opportunity
At the location I work at there is a lot of nepotism. The best way to advance here is to be a friend or family member of a high positioned person in the company.
Challenging hours due to operation & maintenance schedule but good benefits & salary.
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee), Safford, AZOctober 17, 2015
Pros: Within time, good bonuses.
Cons: Varied hours of work schedule.
Good benefits & salary but as a supervisor, due to start up & shut down scheduled maintenance, the hours could be challenging weekly.
Can be challenging but rewarding if you have patience.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Morenci, AZMay 3, 2015
This is a very large company with a vast amount of different types of work. Depending on your qualifications and your desire you could go from a laborer to skilled worker or management in a few years or so.
The pay is good with all the benefits, training is always going on and people can advance. Work at times can be boring and dirty if you let it.
Best job i have ever had
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Sierrita de López, SONOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits
Cons: travel time to and from work
Typical days were 8-9 hours, the travel time to and from work was my biggest dislike. Great workforce. Very safety conscious.
Exciting work on an active mine site
Summer Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Morenci, AZDecember 27, 2015
Freedom to work independently
Work with experienced professionals both employees and contractors
Learn about mine planning, commissioning, and operations
Haul truck driver trainee
Haul Truck driver (Former Employee), Morenci AZAugust 12, 2015
The training is 3 months long, you spend the first 2 months doing general labor, picking up trash around the mine, they provide a bucket and a pick stick, you sweep side walks, you wash and detail managers cars, wash employees vans, paint , move furniture between offices to prepare for meetings or if a secretary moves from an office to another, anything labor that needs to be done trainees are called to do it and Pledge of Allegiance to the flag every morning, you start training on trucks the third month.
working in a mine
Operator (Former Employee), Miami, AZOctober 1, 2015
Pros: every day is something different
Cons: working shift work
my job was challenging i liked learning different skills i also liked working with others and picking up on there safe working habitsand sharing my safe working habits with my co workers
great company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Green Valley, AZSeptember 23, 2015
Operated tractor with concave blade to gouge out level and distribute earth and to push trees and rocks from land, preparatory to constructing roads and buildings, planting crops, mining, quarrying and lumbering.
Fun and exciting. A whole different world.
Diesel Maintenance Helper (Current Employee), Miami, AZSeptember 11, 2015
Cool work place with friendly employees. Fun place to work and gain new knowledge. Worked alongside with my colleagues.
productive work area
Laborer (Former Employee), Miami,AzAugust 31, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
The Freeport Mcmoran company in Morenci ,Az is overall a good place to work in any season of the year.
I loved working here learned a lot of new things that I never known in my life
Great Place to Work
Sr. Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2013
Pros: free fitness center, parking, water, soda, tea, coffee, bus passes, etc.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets on four continents, with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. As a core value, we pledge to continuously improve in meeting our commitment to work in the most safe, inclusive, environmentally and socially responsible manner practicable. Safety and health initiatives, both on and off the job, are a critically important investment in our employees.

We offer outstanding opportunities for individuals seeking a challenging, exciting and rewarding work environment for a company that supplies the world with metals that will sustain and expand economies and build infrastructure in developing nations. A world of opportunities is available to individuals who share in our commitments.

The environment is busy and fast-paced. The culture is open. This is a very "employee friendly" organization.
Very enjoyable wok place
SR. Inventory Controller (Current Employee), 99 Santa Rita Mine RD, Vanadium, NM 88023April 9, 2015
Pros: Great bonus
Cons: To far from where I live
This is a great company to work for. The people here are very friendly and very enjoyable to work with, we all help each other out and we look for each other’s safety.
good pay, good benefits, small town atmosphere
Support Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Tyrone, NMOctober 29, 2012
with the cost of living so low in new mexico, the pay we recieve at freeport is great. the benefits are good as well - health insurance, vacation, bonus programs, 401k match. the town is very small, which is nice, but it can be a challenge to infiltrate the "brotherhood"; in some instances there are generations of guys working at the mine & that can be hard when you're a new guy.
Metallurgist (Former Employee), Safford, AZNovember 30, 2014
long hours, challenging work, ability to work intentionally
The Mining Industry is Very Unstable
Health & Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Safford, AZFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: working in az
Cons: working 60+ hours and getting paid for 40.
Working in such an unstable environment, workers and management are forced to look out for themselves regardless of the consequences to others.
FMI
Chemical/Metallurgical Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Morenci, AZDecember 10, 2014
There are many sites for this company and for the most part, the company cares a large amount about its employees. They pay good money, but of course depending on the site, it could be worse or better.
Good company to work for.
HR Professional (Current Employee), Morenci, AZOctober 24, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: remote area
Many different varieties of issues and concerns to assist employees with. Never a dull moment.