Freelancer.com

Freelancer.com Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Just like Self-Employment
Freelancer (Former Employee), freelancer.com websiteOctober 10, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: getting jobs without any prior experience
Work as you want, when you want.
Flexible schedules and numerous jobs.
Lots of categories to choose from.
Employers composed of multi nationality creating networking opportunities.
I learned to understand project requirements, bid sensibly on projects and deliver work on time.
Profile management is easy.
Have ample opportunities to hone your technical – more... skills by taking exams and quizzes. – less
Don't Bother
Freelance Graphic Designer Freelancer.com (Former Employee), Longmont, COAugust 14, 2014
Cons: newcomers at an inherent disadvantage.
A website with nothing more than contests and clients that don't know what they want. The more thing you pay for like tests, gold membership, etc the better off you are.
Not a great place for writers.
Freelance Writer (Current Employee), Saint Johnsbury, VTJune 9, 2014
Time spent browsing job offers for writing projects, at whatever time one wants.

Self-managed.

I learned to govern my own work habits, and to appeal the needs of contract-makers.

The hardest part was the competition from all over the World, where the economy is different. Stiff competition.

The most enjoyable part was the self-made hours.
More productive, variant and really challenging.
3D Artist (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 19, 2014
Pros: the pay is good and guaranteed, projects are more diverse and more challenging, meeting clients from all parts of the world, eliminating the need for daily commute.
Cons: the inconsistency of work and pay, the load of managing & executing and training is entirely on me to determine, most projects were done solo.
What I liked about online freelance work is the following:
1- The pay is good and guaranteed.
2- Projects are more diverse and more challenging
3- Meeting clients from all parts of the world.
4- Eliminating the need for daily commute.

What I didn't like:
1- The inconsistency of work and pay.
2- The load of managing, executing and training is entirely – more... on me to determine.
3- Most projects were done solo.

But I didn't find these points inconvenient, I welcomed the challenge and the change of pace and decided to take it as an opportunity for both professional and self development learning the various skills and concepts needed to become a successful artist. – less
Get good expriance and diffrent working knowledge with them
SEO & linkbuilding As aFreelancer (Current Employee), Work at HomeMarch 14, 2014
After work for different clients and many language site get lot of knowledge about International marketing.
Online
Freelancer (Former Employee), NYJanuary 19, 2014
This platform provide us online jobs. Great competition to get the job.
it's heaven for all new freelancers
Registered developer (Current Employee), AustraliaJuly 8, 2013
From last couple of months I have been using Freelancer.Com for freelancing. This website is really great place for new freelancers who are seeking for jobs. Also it has low competition among freelancers, so if you are looking for job and you have quality then I’m sure that you will get your project from Freelancer.
Good Jobs to Bid on, offers testing in Areas that Employers look for most.
Freelance IT Seervices (Current Employee), Niles, MIMay 17, 2013
Pros: many jobs to choose from. work from home.
Cons: not a full time position, and work is not always steady.
Bidding on jobs and projects I am experienced at. Logo Design, Website Graphic Design, Technical writing, Website Content.

It is not a conventional job so I do not work everyday.
Great way to get experience
Proofreader/Editor (Former Employee), South Bend, IndianaApril 9, 2013
Freelancer is a great way to gain experience in a field when traditional means of on the job experience are not available.
Gets the gig
Freelance Writer/Graphic Design (Current Employee), Hot Springs, ARMarch 2, 2013
Pros: new work every day, competative atmosphere
Cons: occasion overly demanding clients, client based reviews with little review from the site administration
I have done freelance writing and graphic design for about six years now, and utilizing Freelancer.com definitely made it less of a chore finding clients. Hundreds of new projects a day. The only thing is that it is difficult to get a good reputation through the site. Most clients tend to be over demanding and will leave poor reviews if you do not cater – more... to their every whim (i.e. taking less money than negotiated pre-order). Other than that, great resource for the freelancer community. – less
Very Hard to Get Work
Software Article Author (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: hard to get work
It was very hard to find work once you start because you have no ratings and a lot of companies base off of that.
The small amount of work I did for this company I had to fight to get my payments
Empresa dinâmica
Consultor Freelancer (Current Employee), Copenhague, DinamarcaJuly 11, 2014
Pros: gerenciamento de carreira
Cons: rotina de trabalho extenuante
Freelancer.com possibilita um bom acesso ao mercado de trabalho.