Freedom 55 Financial Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to build your business
Director, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 14, 2016
Freedom 55 Financial is an excellent company for new and established advisors alike. Whether you are new and require your mutual fund, life license and training to get started - Freedom 55 Financial is the best. There are also a great number of initiatives to help established advisors grow their business which includes free consultation from head office partners.
Not bad for an entry experience
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 18, 2016
Not good either; you need wealthy people around you and most already have advisors or don't want to know them. You'd have better luck staying away unless you know friends will buy insurance and investments (mainly insurance) because it's an industry that's probably not going to survive, at least for financial advisors down the road from what I see.
great people to work with
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 23, 2016
Hard work, but rewarding. Always need to be prospecting new clients. Challenging, and every new client is unique.

Management is great, there to support and give training when needed. Open door policy, good team atmosphere.

I make my own schedule, definite perk. But long hours can be sometimes hectic since seeing clients during the week can be all over the map!
Pros
work very autonomously
Terrible experience
Financial Securities Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
Has put me into debt and its become a massive burden on my life.
Aside from the training manager, the management staff are liars, who say take the time you need for your medical reasons, and being self employed I didn't see that as an issue, because I make my own hours, so I scheduled time for a few un avoidable doctors appointments, thinking that it was ok to, because I was told so by my superior to only find out because I did that my training wage was cut off and I was pushed to all commission as a brand new employee. They offer no support. Would highly suggest that no one works for this company.
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
commission, terrible support staff.
Great Training Program for new advisors.
Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 20, 2016
If you are a new advisor into the business, this is a great place to start. Lots of training and education provided.You start you with nothing, which can be difficult for some, but the experience you acquire cannot be measured.
Positive work environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 13, 2016
Love working at Freedom 55 Financial. The staff are amazing, the directors are great. Everyone is open and willing to help one another. Office is beautiful and in a great location too!
Pros
amazing training
Cons
commission only
Positive and supportive
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 4, 2016
Sales - You get out of it, what you put into it. Continuous learning while you connect with people you can offer your services to.
Pros
Not your typical desk job, spare time.
Cons
Fluctuations in commission pay.
Good work environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCDecember 2, 2015
Good work environment. Management is kind and helpful very knowledgeable.

Most of the other employees are very helpful as well. Training is very good and they make sure you have a very good idea of the products and the industry before you actually start work.
Fun place with staff breakfast meetings
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 1, 2015
Most of the days I get early so my typical "day" begins at 8am I can get emails done and check staffs appointments for the day and be ready for the staff meeting and make sure branch is ready to open for the day.

On typical day, We had last minutes changes from short staff to moving clients appointments to other Financial advisors, during the day I make sure branch is adequately staffed and meeting customers need.
Pros
Breakfast meeting " Once a Month "
F55f
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
When you’re ready to advance your career, team up with global thought leaders, and make a real difference in the world, you’re ready to work with F55F.
productive
Financial Advisor/Self Employed Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 13, 2016
They provide good training with a lot of information.
Also they have company activities through a year.
Management is very good.
Productive and fun work place with a supportive management team.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  OntarioNovember 7, 2015
Has a very strong team ethic and supports each other. It's about growing and learning from each other in a supportive environment. Each day there is something new to learn.
Great company, long history and rewards hard work.
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 15, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Good work ethics are rewarded. The only thing that stops you from success is you. Long hours put in will provide large rewards.
Great Place, learning opportunities, very interactive work environment
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  HaltonJuly 8, 2015
Busy and productive work environment, Management is supportive and provide excellent training. Top 10 industry financial services firm and unlimited growth opportunity.
Pros
Free Lunches and Golf
Cons
Long hourse
Freedom 55 Experience
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaMay 6, 2015
Daily duties were non-stop prospecting, finding the next client by cold calling and networking within and outside the office. I learned that you have to be relentless and you have to go into each meeting know every little detail about the product. But before you ask for the business, build the clients trust! Management was awesome, my director had a wide open door policy and knew a lot about the industry, great resource and teacher. Co-workers were a good bunch, all peers of mine who were after the same goal. Hardest part of the job was the cold calling and most enjoyable was the client interaction. Teaching my clients how to improve their well being and seeing the so called "light go off" when you help them to undertsand the importance of a solid financial plan.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Cold Calling
This is a place that has right stuff
Insurance and Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
The Freedom 55 Financial organization has excellent people who can assist you in making this career top notch for you.

While you invest your time in building client relationships, you're surrounded by a team that’s focused on providing you with a broad portfolio of products, competitive compensation, technology, coaching and other ongoing support.
Pros
coaching, ongoing support., great management teams
Cons
infact none i can see
stressfull
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 30, 2014
I enjoyed the people who worked there. But the challange was is how to grab customers and gain commission to survive. I noticed that if you start a commission job in the financial industry without any prior experience you would struggle making money for the first five years.
I quit for that reason.

I loved showing people about how to plan for their short/long term goals in the financial market.
Pros
seminars
Cons
commission only
Commission Sales
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie, ONMarch 27, 2015
This position is 100% sales commission. I have to pay expenses to stay employed.
The objective to to sell financial products. The company does not provide leads. This is a very difficult way to earn a living.
Pros
Self employed
Cons
no salary, 100% commission.
Unorganized and unsupportive workplace
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. John'sMay 28, 2015
Not the greatest place to work. You are promised the world in order to get you in the door. 80% of hires quit within one year.
Pros
Set own hours
Cons
(Mis)Management
Very challenging because it is not my field.
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 27, 2014
I like challenging myself by trying new stuff. I finished the training and passed two exams by highest score under the situation that I don't have any financial background.

I like dealing with different people and learning to know how to build up good relationship with them.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
self-employed, high pressure