Freedom 55 Financial Employee Reviews

steep learning curve
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 1, 2016
Great place to work, helpful management team, best part of the job was to help out people to achieve their financial goals, steep learning curve, learnt about investments, insurance etc.
Go Big or Go Home
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 15, 2016
This job is great for mature individuals who already have experience and connections in financial industry. These types of people can make a ton of money fast from their existing book of business. Others may have a hard time due to cold prospecting that is required. A full-commission environment is not ideal for everyone - especially young individuals who are just coming out of school and are not well connected to friends that have $100,000k or more savings. If you can work in this environment it is potentially the best job because of the work/life balance and pay. If you try to work here good luck!
Pros
work/life balance, pay, holistic product shelf, great product specialists
Cons
slow starting-up for new advisors, investment personnel in office can only advise on Quadrus investments, which are very sub-par in the industry
equipped the Financial Advisors by providing extensive training
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 14, 2016
The management team has provided excellent trainings to ensure that Financial Advisors are knowledgeable and equipped when they go out in the field.
Pros
Training
Productive and fun place to work with great office culture
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 2, 2016
A career at Freedom 55 Financial offers more than industry specific skill training - it has allowed me to build a foundation of client and business partner relationships. The most enjoyable part of my job is working alongside the advisors and the management team and streamlining work processes. There is no typical day - each day comes with its own surprises, new teachings and opportunities for growth.
Management is awesome
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 27, 2016
Really nice people to work with. One of the best training programs I've ever had. There are many offices to work from across the Country.
Pros
pay you to get your IFIC and Life Insurance License
Cons
commission based
Not bad for an entry experience
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 18, 2016
Not good either; you need wealthy people around you and most already have advisors or don't want to know them. You'd have better luck staying away unless you know friends will buy insurance and investments (mainly insurance) because it's an industry that's probably not going to survive, at least for financial advisors down the road from what I see.
Positive work environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 13, 2016
Love working at Freedom 55 Financial. The staff are amazing, the directors are great. Everyone is open and willing to help one another. Office is beautiful and in a great location too!
Pros
amazing training
Cons
commission only
Positive and supportive
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 4, 2016
Sales - You get out of it, what you put into it. Continuous learning while you connect with people you can offer your services to.
Pros
Not your typical desk job, spare time.
Cons
Fluctuations in commission pay.
Great Training Program for new advisors.
Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 20, 2016
If you are a new advisor into the business, this is a great place to start. Lots of training and education provided.You start you with nothing, which can be difficult for some, but the experience you acquire cannot be measured.
Great place to build your business
Director, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 14, 2016
Freedom 55 Financial is an excellent company for new and established advisors alike. Whether you are new and require your mutual fund, life license and training to get started - Freedom 55 Financial is the best. There are also a great number of initiatives to help established advisors grow their business which includes free consultation from head office partners.
great people to work with
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 23, 2016
Hard work, but rewarding. Always need to be prospecting new clients. Challenging, and every new client is unique.

Management is great, there to support and give training when needed. Open door policy, good team atmosphere.

I make my own schedule, definite perk. But long hours can be sometimes hectic since seeing clients during the week can be all over the map!
Pros
work very autonomously
Terrible experience
Financial Securities Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
Has put me into debt and its become a massive burden on my life.
Aside from the training manager, the management staff are liars, who say take the time you need for your medical reasons, and being self employed I didn't see that as an issue, because I make my own hours, so I scheduled time for a few un avoidable doctors appointments, thinking that it was ok to, because I was told so by my superior to only find out because I did that my training wage was cut off and I was pushed to all commission as a brand new employee. They offer no support. Would highly suggest that no one works for this company.
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
commission, terrible support staff.
F55f
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
When you’re ready to advance your career, team up with global thought leaders, and make a real difference in the world, you’re ready to work with F55F.
productive
Financial Advisor/Self Employed Agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 13, 2016
They provide good training with a lot of information.
Also they have company activities through a year.
Management is very good.
Good work environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCDecember 2, 2015
Good work environment. Management is kind and helpful very knowledgeable.

Most of the other employees are very helpful as well. Training is very good and they make sure you have a very good idea of the products and the industry before you actually start work.
Productive and fun work place with a supportive management team.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  OntarioNovember 7, 2015
Has a very strong team ethic and supports each other. It's about growing and learning from each other in a supportive environment. Each day there is something new to learn.
Great company, long history and rewards hard work.
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 15, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Good work ethics are rewarded. The only thing that stops you from success is you. Long hours put in will provide large rewards.
Fun place with staff breakfast meetings
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 1, 2015
Most of the days I get early so my typical "day" begins at 8am I can get emails done and check staffs appointments for the day and be ready for the staff meeting and make sure branch is ready to open for the day.

On typical day, We had last minutes changes from short staff to moving clients appointments to other Financial advisors, during the day I make sure branch is adequately staffed and meeting customers need.
Pros
Breakfast meeting " Once a Month "
Excellent Place to Start a Career and End
Insurance and Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 13, 2015
How do I express what Freedom 55 feels like?

I would say Family!! Best training system in the industry Intense and comprehensive training, solid support system and flexible work schedule, good commission rates.

If you’re new recruit or been in the business somewhere else where you’re not paid. Freedom 55, will pay you whether you’re new in the industry and or if you have no license you still get paid through comprehensive training and licensing.

Their training bonuses and allowance - higher than industry average commission that what you get with a respected company.

Fabulous support comes from the team of managers and directors are knowledgeable and easy to talk to they are a superb support system. They are there from the beginning; all you have to do is ask if you need any help.

You’re in the helping people build their futures and your have respect.

Personally, if was going into a highly paid business that has respect of my character and connections that I have made over the years this is it!!

You just have to think and work smart you will have a lifetime career.
Pros
Best training system in the industry Intense and comprehensive training, solid support system and flexible work schedule, great Bonus commission rates.
Cons
For me NONE - Seriously -
Great Place, learning opportunities, very interactive work environment
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  HaltonJuly 8, 2015
Busy and productive work environment, Management is supportive and provide excellent training. Top 10 industry financial services firm and unlimited growth opportunity.
Pros
Free Lunches and Golf
Cons
Long hourse

2.7