Freedom 55 Financial Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Start a Career and End
Insurance and Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 13, 2015
How do I express what Freedom 55 feels like?

I would say Family!! Best training system in the industry Intense and comprehensive training, solid support system and flexible work schedule, good commission rates.

If you’re new recruit or been in the business somewhere else where you’re not paid. Freedom 55, will pay you whether you’re new in the industry and or if you have no license you still get paid through comprehensive training and licensing.

Their training bonuses and allowance - higher than industry average commission that what you get with a respected company.

Fabulous support comes from the team of managers and directors are knowledgeable and easy to talk to they are a superb support system. They are there from the beginning; all you have to do is ask if you need any help.

You’re in the helping people build their futures and your have respect.

Personally, if was going into a highly paid business that has respect of my character and connections that I have made over the years this is it!!

You just have to think and work smart you will have a lifetime career.
Pros
Best training system in the industry Intense and comprehensive training, solid support system and flexible work schedule, great Bonus commission rates.
Cons
For me NONE - Seriously -
Freedom 55 Experience
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaMay 6, 2015
Daily duties were non-stop prospecting, finding the next client by cold calling and networking within and outside the office. I learned that you have to be relentless and you have to go into each meeting know every little detail about the product. But before you ask for the business, build the clients trust! Management was awesome, my director had a wide open door policy and knew a lot about the industry, great resource and teacher. Co-workers were a good bunch, all peers of mine who were after the same goal. Hardest part of the job was the cold calling and most enjoyable was the client interaction. Teaching my clients how to improve their well being and seeing the so called "light go off" when you help them to undertsand the importance of a solid financial plan.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Cold Calling
Generally speaking, It is good, However,there is some bureaucracy.
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecMarch 21, 2013
Firstly, check the email from clients or company management. Secondly,make appoint with clients, talk with client about wealth management, family and hobbies and play with them. Thirdly, Learn rules and products and develop material for presentations and advisement. Sometime develop financial model for clients. Develop annual, monthly and weekly plan. Learn from my director about sales technique and products. My director is very experienced in sales and he has been working in this business for more 20 years. The hardest part of the job is closing the deal. My service can benefit client a lot and client really appricate my hard work.
Pros
products software is powerful. database is great for learning.
Cons
legal support is slow, approving an advisement need one year and even more.
Lots of red tape and delays with litlle support.
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONMay 6, 2013
Great experience with cold calling and building a clientel. Pretty much work on your own to develop your business. Training is very extensive and product knowledge is excellent by the end of it.

Co workers are few as everyone is out for themselves and doing their own thing. Management only interested in numbers..

Each day is starting fresh. Selling a policy to someone in need is very satisfying with a few exceptions it is the end of the cycle and you start all over again. Very little continuity and it takes a lot of time to build a base.
Pros
unlimited potential
Cons
lots of hard work and time to even begin to reach the potential available
No support in acquiring customers unless you are prepared to pay for someone elses
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 18, 2013
Unless you have previous experience in the financial industry without a non compete claus this company is very tough to be successful with for the first year. You are required to pay for a number of fee's even if you are not generating business. The pay sturcture is completely commission based. There are individuals who have 300-500 customers and arent able to service them but continue to collect fees while new comers are basically thrown to the wolves to defend themselves
Pros
good commission, education program
Cons
no mentoring program
This is a place that has right stuff
Insurance and Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
The Freedom 55 Financial organization has excellent people who can assist you in making this career top notch for you.

While you invest your time in building client relationships, you're surrounded by a team that’s focused on providing you with a broad portfolio of products, competitive compensation, technology, coaching and other ongoing support.
Pros
coaching, ongoing support., great management teams
Cons
infact none i can see
Fun place with staff breakfast meetings
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 1, 2015
Most of the days I get early so my typical "day" begins at 8am I can get emails done and check staffs appointments for the day and be ready for the staff meeting and make sure branch is ready to open for the day.

On typical day, We had last minutes changes from short staff to moving clients appointments to other Financial advisors, during the day I make sure branch is adequately staffed and meeting customers need.
Pros
Breakfast meeting " Once a Month "
stressfull
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 30, 2014
I enjoyed the people who worked there. But the challange was is how to grab customers and gain commission to survive. I noticed that if you start a commission job in the financial industry without any prior experience you would struggle making money for the first five years.
I quit for that reason.

I loved showing people about how to plan for their short/long term goals in the financial market.
Pros
seminars
Cons
commission only
A great job if you have resources to fall back on in the lean times
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. CatharinesFebruary 28, 2013
Working for Freedom 55 Financial was a wonderful work experience. I met a lot of great people and they were always very helpful. This position offers a lot of choices in the balance of work and lifestyle, however it takes a considerable amount of work and commitment to grow a business.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
the cost of doing business with f55f.
Very challenging because it is not my field.
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 27, 2014
I like challenging myself by trying new stuff. I finished the training and passed two exams by highest score under the situation that I don't have any financial background.

I like dealing with different people and learning to know how to build up good relationship with them.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
self-employed, high pressure
You get what you put into it, If you love meeting people and sales
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioApril 28, 2014
Got to love meeting people, thrive in social situations and be willing to deal with the lack of certainty in the career. But if you're a hustler and don't mind not having a fixed salary, then you get what you put into it and based on your ability to sell
Pros
autonomy
Cons
uncertainty involved in sales
Productive and friendly work environment with career advancement
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, Hamilton, OakvilleNovember 14, 2013
There is lot of time flexibility, and very professional environment. Financial professional are very big on compliance side and follow accurate procedures.

Prospecting and getting new business are always a challenge for financial professional on every day basis.
Flexible
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  winnipegFebruary 3, 2015
Company has great training people to make you learn the business. The work environment is very flexible. Sales tactics can be a bit pushy and its very hard to make it to the end of your first year due to commission.
Commission Sales
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste Marie, ONMarch 27, 2015
This position is 100% sales commission. I have to pay expenses to stay employed.
The objective to to sell financial products. The company does not provide leads. This is a very difficult way to earn a living.
Pros
Self employed
Cons
no salary, 100% commission.
Good work environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCDecember 2, 2015
Good work environment. Management is kind and helpful very knowledgeable.

Most of the other employees are very helpful as well. Training is very good and they make sure you have a very good idea of the products and the industry before you actually start work.
Productive and fun work place with a supportive management team.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  OntarioNovember 7, 2015
Has a very strong team ethic and supports each other. It's about growing and learning from each other in a supportive environment. Each day there is something new to learn.
Great company, long history and rewards hard work.
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 15, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Good work ethics are rewarded. The only thing that stops you from success is you. Long hours put in will provide large rewards.
Great Place, learning opportunities, very interactive work environment
Financial Security Advisor (Former Employee) –  HaltonJuly 8, 2015
Busy and productive work environment, Management is supportive and provide excellent training. Top 10 industry financial services firm and unlimited growth opportunity.
Pros
Free Lunches and Golf
Cons
Long hourse
Unorganized and unsupportive workplace
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. John'sMay 28, 2015
Not the greatest place to work. You are promised the world in order to get you in the door. 80% of hires quit within one year.
Pros
Set own hours
Cons
(Mis)Management
Excellent training program and earning potential.
Financial Security Advisor/Investment Rep. (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 13, 2014
You are a self employed representative of Freedom 55 Financial and it is up to you to make your calls and book clients.