Accountable for providing a high level of sales support to help attain sales and business goals. In harmony with the objective is an emphasis on satisfying client needs and expectations through efficient and effective service.
The Support Staff member is expected to provide professional, knowledgeable sales and service support thereby contributing to new sales and conservation of existing business.
- Working in a dynamic environment with new expectations, and multiple priorities.
- Directly responsible for providing the kind of professional environment to help keep you organized and focused on making sales and conservation business.
- Ability to juggle and co-ordinate many unrelated activities, and to know who to contact when support is required.
- Maintaining a positive outlook and attitude; ability to tolerate uncertainty.
- Building trust relationships with the leader, co-workers, business partners and clients.
- The Support Staff reports the Leader/Advisor.
- The Support Staff member must follow London Life/F55 Financial guidelines on disclaimers etc.
- The staff member contributes to the advisor's success as much as possible by providing sales support, client service and general administrative processes.
REQUIRED SKILLS and BEHAVIOURS:
Communication: strong interpersonal skills; keeps people informed; listens well; responds promptly to requests and suggestions; confronts issues in an open and honest manner; excellent written and oral communication skills; effective telephone techniques.
Current PC Skills: proficient in using E-Mail, Word, and an aptitude for learning new technology.
Change Management: understands the need to change; responds to change in a positive manner and develops understanding and skill required for success; takes personal responsibility for adapting to change.
Time Management and Organization: ability to prioritize multiple tasks and expectations; ability to plan and organize work; meet deadlines.
Ability to work independently: versatile, flexible, ability to be a self starter.
And in a team environment: promotes harmony (open, approachable); recognized and respects the needs of co-workers and business partners; promotes and supports all business goals and objectives.
Negotiations: requires strong negotiating skills to deal with multiple requests; flexible and able to set/redefine priorities throughout the day to satisfy all parties.
Professional Behavior: is committed to being a leader in supporting and sales and service to the highest level of integrity and ethical conduct in all areas of our business.
Decision Making: accepts responsibility for dealing with issues promptly; ability to apply sound judgment and able to recommend solutions to problems; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
Ability to build and manage trust relationships: with clients, all business partners and co-workers.
Add Value, pro-act: innovative spirit; ability to identify what needs to be done, set goals and then achieves them; looks for way to improve processes, making it easier for the advisor.
Commitment to lifelong learning and self- development
MARKETING ASSOCIATE/SUPPORT STAFF Activity List:
The duties and responsibilities noted below attempt to cover most situations. This list can be used as a guide to determine activities to be assigned to support staff.
- SALES: (Pre-Issue, Issue & Post-Issue)
- set up prospect file folders.
- create mail/merge letters to prospects/clients (adviser &/or staff identified)
- telephone contact to prospects/clients (adviser &/or MA identified)
- provide computer generated sales illustrations, standard proposals/briefs as requested by adviser.
- request group, Living Benefits, quotes from HO/external.
- request policy change quotes.
- keep track of the status on pending applications.
- arrange for parameds and or/ full doctor exams including ECG, arrange with prospective client and doctor.
- follow-up with doctors offices and other medical facilities and prospective clients for outstanding medical information on a regular basis.
- communicate with HO underwriting on issue or placing problems.
- contact client if new requirements are needed.
- follow-up with other financial institutions for fund transfers to new and existing policies.
- follow-up after issue/re-issue requirements; signed inforce policy illustration.
- prepare policy illustrations to enclose with all newly issued contracts.
- prepare presentation wallet/folder for delivery.
- CLIENT SERVICE
- act as key contact person between advisor and clients, to free up advisor to pursue sales / new business, includes follow-ups.
- maintain up-to-date client files.
- contact client to follow-up on re-issued/suspended PPA's, expires ASV's if requested by the advisor.
- research and respond to necessary incoming mail and phone calls from advisor's clients. Handle all issues except the most complicated, without getting the advisor involved, if possible.
- know where/who to contact or refer the client to when calling in for contract information, values.
- help create and prepare presentation material if requested, such as financial plans and spread sheets.
- create mail/merge letters/documents.
- on occasion call clients to schedule/re-schedule, confirm appointments
- on occasion call clients to schedule annual review.
- assist advisor/client with death claims.
- obtain technical assistance as required from the Call Centre. Work closely with these people on 'problem cases'.
- elicit product information as required from the Product Managers.
- provide and analyze current status printouts from computer for the advisor and take appropriate action with advisor and/or client, if required.
- meet with clients to provide information and forms when the advisor is not available.
- ADVISOR ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- input/update client/prospect information into client management.
- maintain/update mailing distribution list for advisor on the computer for newsletters, annual statements, review letters, calendars, birthday cards, etc.
- maintain filing systems.
- retrieve, screen & sort advisors mail; research and respond to as much as possible without involving the advisor.
- transmit faxes and do photocopies for the advisor as required.
- screen incoming calls. Return messages for advisor. Intercept and handle telephone messages where possible.
- 'compose' and create correspondence for the advisor, where terminology, grammer and set-up require judgment and skill.
- maintain liaison with Group Dept and staff.
- if requested, initiate annual review appointments, and review existing appointments.
- arranges travel arrangements, if requested.
- orders policy wallets, business cards.
- follow-up with Service Desk for advisor with laptop problems.
- answer questions on commission statements, production.
- support CAIFA, AIAPQ, Board of Trade, other business affiliations, charitable organizations.
- resolve 'address unknown' situations – research if living elsewhere.
- review for accuracy and refer to completed forms submitted by advisor or client to appropriate department in HO.
- arranges for meetings & facilities.
- attends meetings & takes minutes.