Free The Children

Free The Children Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
An inspiring organization to be in and it makes you really determend to make your ideas happen.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Surrey B.C & Vancouver B.CMarch 10, 2015
Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner. It's basically an organization where children are free to express their ideas and their fullest potential.
Good
Supervisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 25, 2014
Great experience, nice people, good management, would do it again.
Free the Children: Volunteered with my school to sell calendars
Calendar Salesperson (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 11, 2013
This was simply volunteer work in which, I approached teachers and parents in order to sell calenders. When sold, the money would go the free the children organization. My co-workers were cooperative and we all designed the calendars with equal contribution. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing we were helping people and the hardest part was finding a place to print the calendars.
Productive and fun place to work at
Youth & Educational Resources Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2013
Pros: free breakfasts, autonomy, great boss
Cons: often physically challenging; eg: heavy boxes were required to be moved around
On any given work day one could see me doing chiefly 3 things: 1) coordinating the assembly & mailing of sourcing material to S. Asia, Europe & across N. America 2) Organizing & instructing volunteers on how to assemble sourcing material 3) Data entry and administrative work to support youth engagement. This was my first full-time administrative support role and the most important things that I learned were to maintain office supplies and equipment and to monitor inventory. The biggest challenge I faced in this role was coordinating and scheduling volunteers. These were usually large teams of up to 20 people and often children as young as 7 and adults above 40 years would be working in the same group. Instructing in a way that everybody could follow, was a big achievement. And I was able to get the job done by communicating clearly and precisely- often in writing. My co-workers were also of great help, since they would offer assistance whenever I asked of them. Having such great coworkers was definitely the most enjoyable part of the job.
A lively environment and friendly co-workers
Me to We' dancer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2013
Pros: the job itself is fun, and free lunches were provided
I was a dancer for Free the Children and Me to We. I learned a choreography, presented it to the audience, livened, and cheered the crowd . The dance was performed as a group but focus and practice was needed by each individual. Me to We had such a lively atmosphere and the co-workers were very enthusiastic and friendly.

About Free The Children

Free The Children’s mission is to create a world where all young people are free to achieve their fullest potential as agents – Read more