Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks an enthusiastic and dynamic Web Manager with exceptional project management tools skills to manage, maintain and improve organizational online applications, sites and web tools.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Manage, maintain and improve organizational online applications, sites and web tools.
- Manage the workflow of a team of web developers.
- Relationship management between stakeholders, writers, designers and developers
- Project implementation and planning
- Maintain project schedules and coordinate timelines
- Provide conceptual guidance and pro-active ideas to improve site usability especially concerning the use the technology for youth engagement.
- Maintenance of the organizational websites, ensuring that content is appropriate and up-to-date and accurately reflects the identity of the organization.
- Provide support and creative ideas for online program needs marketing campaigns.
- Optimize pages for search engine placement, analyze and report website traffic statistics.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, as well as detail-oriented.
- Professional demeanor and clear communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to multi-task, manage time, prioritize task and work in fast-paced environment are key skills for this role.
- Ideal candidate is has a mid level programming experience who is up to date on trends in online usage and understands how to create a satisfying online user experience.
- Solid understanding of youth-oriented websites, online news and issues-based sites, user-generated content, blogging and online communities.
- Familiarity with web design principles and issues, especially relating to accessibility and usability, as well as awareness of web technologies, techniques and information architecture is helpful.
- Good editorial judgment is essential.
- Positive attitude and ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be self-directed.
- Willing to work long hours and be a dedicated team player.
- Problem identifier and solver.
- Able to combine creative and technical thinking.
- Fluency in French is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of HTML, basic photo editing and design skills are an asset as would prior experience with CMS (although not mandatory for this position).
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.