Position Available: We 365, Graphic Designer
Are you a tech-loving designer who has a passion for digital and social media? Do you want to be on the cusp of a new venture, developing creative and design for various platforms at an international charity?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a strong and talented Graphic Designer to join our We365 Team. The We365 Designer serves to support the team in any design work needed for the launch of a new website and app that will engage youth with a desire to create change. The We365 Designer will report to their department manager. A minimum two-year commitment is required.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Develop all creative concepts and designs for social media platform/digital space, and range of online marketing campaigns, print and press
- Edit materials and photos as required
- Research and integrate latest trends in creative marketing and design, particularly in the digital space
- Follow branding and image guidelines and standards
- Support web, video, and print production needs as required
- Take ownership of creative process and follow through to completion on assigned projects
- Work in a close-knit creative partnership with project coordinators, writers, and other departments to generate workable concepts and ideas
- Amend, revise or redevelop campaigns and other existing materials in response to feedback from stakeholders
- Work on several projects at once, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Creative flair
- Social Media savvy
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Skilled in design software and basic troubleshooting (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Strong layout skills
- Organization and communication
- Ability to create engaging visual materials for different markets, ranging from corporate to elementary school audiences
- Able to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work and projecting a positive attitude
- Able to work both independently and in a small team with minimal supervision
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in creating design for Web and mobile applications
- Strong knowledge and experience in creating design assets for web and social media platforms and applications
- Trained, experienced and skilled graphic designer, with experience in print and web design, and knowledge in the following areas: Mac platform, CS5 Adobe software, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Knowledge of print production process
- Be able to multi-task in a demanding and fast work environment
- Willing to work long hours and be a dedicated member of the We365 team
- A positive flexible attitude with a strong initiative and excellent organizational skills
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.