Position Available: We Day, Honoured Guest Experience Coordinator
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a We Day HG Experience Coordinator who will coordinate the various honoured guest experiences at Free The Children’s signature event, We Day. We Day is more than just one day of celebration and inspiration. We Day is the movement of our time – a movement of young people leading local and global change. Harnessing the energy and passion of a young community of change makers, We Day brings youth together in an unparalleled setting to show them that they are not alone in their journey to make a difference
The We Day work environment appeals to self directed, flexible team players who enjoy multi- tasking and working in a fast paced environment. A passion for event planning and logistics combined with an interest in social justice is an asset.
A minimum two-year commitment is required and there are two streams of compensation for our entry level coordinator roles:
- Housing option (available in Toronto)
- Non-housing option
The Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $20,000 plus shared accommodation included
- Year 2: $22,000 plus shared accommodation included
The Non-Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $27, 500
- Year 2: $29, 500
There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). This role is perfect for a new graduate who is looking to grow and work hard for two years. You love big goals and surpassing expectations.
Please provide an event portfolio if interviewed.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Report to and take direction from the Associate Director of We Day and HG Experience Manager of We Day
- Support the planning, management and implementation of the entire We Day experience for all honoured guest stakeholder groups (i.e. donors, educational partners, sponsors, etc.)
- Coordinate the planning, development and implementation for the honoured guest experience of the following at We Days: print mats, decor, lanyards/wristbands, concept plans, seating map, suite donations, signage, photography, EP experience
o Print materials
o Lanyards and wristbands
o Suite donations
o Concept plans
o Seating map
o Liaising with other teams as needed (i.e. regarding security, booths, decor, volunteers, talent, print materials, parking and signage)
o Educational Partner experience
o The bowl and suite experiences
- Support the Honoured Guest team in their daily tasks as needed
- Manage one We Day Honoured Guest Experience Intern
- On-boarding and training staff and volunteers for We Days
Skills and Qualifications:
- Possess a degree/qualification preferably in event planning, project management, hospitality or related field;
- Work experience, preferably in event planning (experience with VIPs an asset);
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Enjoys working in a demanding, fast paced work environment and flexible with work hours;
- Highly self – motivated and independent, a strategic thinker;
- Able to perform well and problem solve in high stress, dynamic and changing situations;
- Detail oriented with strong attention to effective task completion;
- Flexible and adaptable to change;
- Comfortable working with and delegating to senior management;
- Comfortable working with external stakeholders;
- Positive and professional attitude and able to work as a team player;
- Excellent time management, organization and multi-tasking skills;
- Sound understanding of and experience working with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in French is beneficial
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.