Position Available: We365 Content & Community Manager
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig
Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a dynamic and committed We365 Content & Community Manager to join our We365 Team. We365 is a new social platform where users connect, share causes they care about and track the impact of their daily actions. The We365 Content & Community Manager is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the platform content strategy, while constantly improving the quality and relevance of content and ensuring alignment with organizational priorities and brand. A brand ambassador, this individual will proactively engage, retain and delight users, growing the community through the delivery of rich content and compelling conversation. The We365 Community Manager will work under the leadership of the Associate Director of New Media Development & Communications.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto, Canada. Salary is to be negotiated and there is a six (6) month probationary period. Upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible
Please apply at http://www.freethechildren.com/about-us/careers/
Roles and Responsibilities:
Content Creation and Management (45%)
- Oversee the day-to-day management and development of editorial content on the We365 social media platform
- Work closely with the Associate Director of New Media Development to develop and implement an editorial calendar that delivers on organizational priorities, partner commitments and the integrity of the user experience
- Contribute to the improvement of the user experience and content strategy of the We365 social platform
- Identify trends and topical events, to be presented as relevant daily
- Work closely with digital team to ensure content and priority alignment across all digital channels
- Deliver content in a manner that retains users and grows the We365 community
- Create content when necessary, speaking from the brand voice and exploring creative approaches to presenting action-oriented content
- Keep current with trends, securing We365 as a thought leader in the digital realm with youth
Brand Representation (35%)
- Interact with communications teams of our organizational partners, ensuring that their priorities and brand voice are well represented and their expectations met
- Strategize with partner units to ensure that their content is compelling, well-timed and well presented on the platform
- Work closely with the Creative & Communications team to ensure brand alignment in all outward facing communications
- Positively and effectively represent the We365, Free The Children and Me to We brands through compelling content and adherence to organizational priorities
- Deliver content with a strong, clear voice that adheres to We365 brand guidelines
Team Management (15%)
- Lead a writer and designer in the creation of compelling content, as informed by the editorial calendar and organizational priorities
- Troubleshoot challenges and provide guidance for the We365 writer and designer
- Inspire the creative team working on We365 through strong leadership skills
Monitoring and Moderation (5%)
- Proactively interact with the online community to engage users and key influencers
- Monitor conversations, content and groups to ensure the highest levels of engagement, appropriateness and safety
- Alert Associate Director of New Media Development as issues and flags arise within the system, working together to resolve issues
- Measure success of community engagement, informing strategy and content shifts through monitoring of data and trends
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years minimum professional experience in communications, ideally in social media and community management
- Bachelor degree or higher, ideally in communications, marketing or digital media, or commensurate experience
- Proven success in community building efforts either using social media or other platforms
- Expertise in and strong knowledge of social media and web analytics programs
- Familiarity with social media trends and keen interest in following shifts in the digital space
- Marketing knowledge and experience ideal
- Demonstrated success in motivating individuals
- Demonstrated aptitude in writing and editing
- English fluency necessary; French and/or Spanish fluency desired
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.