Are you a self-motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children is the largest network of children helping children through education in the world. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with four nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network.
Free The Children seeks a driven and motivated Manager, Staff and External Logistics, We Day who will report directly to the Senior Manager, Logistics and Event Operations. This role is responsible for planning, executing and managing the staff and crew logistical elements of the Front of House Event Operations for Free The Children’s signature event, We Day.
Our work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, and relish the opportunity to develop and execute retention strategies to promote long-term youth engagement.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum three-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: http://www.freethechildren.com/about-us/careers/
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Manage one coordinator to oversee and execute the travel and event experience for staff and crew at all We Days
- Work closely and manage relationship with an external travel partner to book all staff and crew flights
- Liaise with our Sponsorship team to secure contracts with hotels in all cities for all We Day stakeholder groups
- Work with Directors across all departments to strategically and adequately staff We Days accordingly
- Manage the relationship with an external staffing company to hire part-time labour in all cities to support the execution of each event
- Build and get approval for staff per diems and additional experiences for all events
- Ensure smooth and sustainable event execution strategies in accordance with the Event Operations Budget
- Develop strategies for long term sustainability and scalability for Event Operations units
- Must be willing to attend all We Days and be on the road (out of Toronto) for an extended period of time.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree
- Qualification in event planning, project management or business is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years previous work experience in event operations/logistics
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Able to effectively delegate work
- Enjoys working in a demanding, fast paced work environment and flexible with work hours
- Highly self – motivated and independent, a strategic thinker
- Able to perform well and problem solve in high stress, dynamic and changing situations
- Detail oriented and ability to manage a high volume of work easily
- Positive and professional attitude and able to work as a team player
- Excellent time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Sound understanding of and experience working with Microsoft Office, specifically Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work with senior level management to carry-out vision and objectives
- Flexible, adaptable, thrives in stressful situations and strong team player
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Able to work both independently and within a team setting with minimal supervision
- Executes high level of positivity and professionalism in the office and at We Day events
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.