Position Available: Video Editor
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a driven and experienced Video Editor to report to the Director of Digital and Director of Media. The candidate should have at least three years of experience working as part of a creative team, a strong ability to manage a complex, demanding workload, and has demonstrated independent and technical prowess. The senior editor will be working with a motivated creative team to produce video content for one of the world’s largest online nonprofit platforms, engaging millions each year to make positive change in the world.
Our work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, and relish the opportunity to develop and execute retention strategies to promote long-term youth engagement.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- The senior editor will work directly with the Director of Digital and Director of Media in producing content across our organizations.
- Editing content created for our in show activations at We Day.
- Editing videos used for honoring our stakeholders, donors, social media platforms
- Archiving video content according to defined workflow
- Prepping video content for distribution across social media and web platforms.
- Quickly and independently solve post-production complications and apply troubleshooting techniques to daily workflow.
- Convert audio and video files to various formats as needed
- Ensure a high level of production is completed accurately and meeting all deadlines
Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience working with non linear editing software and finishing tools Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Strong familiarity with video conversions to various formats.
- Must be collaborative and work well in a fast paced team environment
- Candidate must present a portfolio reel of current work with strong presentation of After Effects skills.
- Have flexibility to travel internationally on short notice.
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.