Are you a self-motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, and partnerships with the United Nations and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2012 and 2013, Free The Children was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a talented and experienced Senior Graphic Designer. The ideal candidate will possess excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle various design projects in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for an exceptional and versatile designer with at least 3 years of graphic design experience in a quick-paced work environment.
There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street).
Please apply at http://www.freethechildren.com/about-us/careers/
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as a print and web design member of design team, and report to the Creative Manager / Associate Director
- Work with the creative department to take a lead on graphic design tasks such as: brochures, multi-page documents, books, magazine, posters, marketing materials, packaging, signage, logos and web components
- Carry out general office tasks, special projects and other duties as required
- Be a leader on the design team, taking on bigger tasks and lending help to junior designers
- File management with regard to team, program, event or corporate logos and files: archiving, manipulating and distributing such files
- Training and mentoring junior designers
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a 3-4 year recognized Graphic Design program
- 3+ years of graphic design industry experience
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Strong knowledge of print design and production
- Possess strong illustration, typographic and page layout skills
- Web designing experience and knowledge is an asset
- Positive and energetic attitude with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to multitask, manage and focus on a number of projects in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and maintain high attention to detail
- Flexibility to accommodate extended working hours if necessary as a dedicated member of the team
- Ability to take art direction and critique
- Ability to take initiative and possess an outstanding work ethic
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Excellent command of a Mac platform
- Adobe CS6 (Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Flash and Dreamweaver knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.