Free The Children seeks a Recruitment Specialist who is confident and resourceful to coordinate and manage recruiting functions within a not for profit. The prospective candidate must possess proven recruiting knowledge and experience, ability to multitask with a keen sense of identifying talent for a challenging fast paced growing organization. The main responsibility for this role is to source and identify top talent, fill all job openings and establish a pipeline of candidates under a deadline.
A minimum three year commitment is required with 3 year tiered compensation structure within our manager range starting at $35,000.
There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistance Program. The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). This role is perfect for a recruiter who is looking to develop within the not for profit sector. You love big recruiting goals and surpassing expectations with helping us grow our teams.
- Responsible for sourcing and recruiting talent through multiple channels by handling a portfolio of varying from entry level, manager and beyond to help departments reach their goals
- Full execution of the recruitment process (including formatting job postings, conducting phone & skype interviews, regular follow up communication with candidates and internal managers)
- Timely turn around on interview bookings and post interview follow up
- Meet with hiring managers at the start of a new role to understand and scope the role and understand as it fits into the organization objectives while setting timelines
- Lead the administration and interview process with hiring managers and directors
- Establish and manage relationships with career centers, universities, employment centers
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions by using career open house, university job fairs, building pipeline and leveraging contacts while networking with industry contacts and associations
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting while developing a pipeline of candidates
- Utilize phone screens to narrow down in person interview leads and advise hiring managers
- Demonstrated ability to capitalize on social networking for recruiting
- Maintain all pertinent applicant tracking and interview data in Salesforce
- Responsible for formatting job descriptions and posting open positions within universities colleges and with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues
- Gather and provide feedback and recommendations to both the candidate and hiring manager regarding strengths and development needs of the candidate to determine and select the most qualified applicant
- Prepare weekly recruiting status reports on number of interviews, phone screens, leads
- Responsible for weekly reports on recruitment data such as hiring status, list of candidates to senior management within the department
- A high degree of flexibility is needed to be open to change and ready to adapt to changing priorities
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years experience with a proven track record in recruiting demonstrating a keen interest in recruiting and fuelled by the thrill and excitement of identifying talent by filling roles with the right candidate for our culture
Very strong organizational skills to juggle competing priorities, manage a portfolio of over 20 vacancies concurrently, acknowledge all applicants, and regularly communicate progress to hiring managers
- An organized self-starter, with sales experience and the ability to work well independently
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate in a clear, concise, confident, persuasive and compelling manner under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to identify and engage the right candidates while keeping organizational culture top of mind
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate the interview process in person and over the phone
- Unsurpassed attention to detail and organization to handle multiple recruiting files simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple hiring deadlines
- Strong initiative, proactive manner able to articulate and lead staff through interviews confidently.
- Ability to develop new and innovative recruiting strategies
Indeed - 19 months ago
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach,...