Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a dynamic and committed Program Manager to join our Partner Relations Team, one of four subdivisions of Free The Children’s Development Department. The Program Manager serves as the primary point of contact for a portfolio of corporate and major gift foundation partners and manages donor stewardship activities for their portfolio. The Program Manager will work under the leadership of the Associate Director of Partner Relations.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Reports to and takes direction from the Associate Director of Partner Relations and Director of Development
- Guides relationship management and donor stewardship of major gift partners in the Canadian financial services sector
- Information management and project management relating to complex multi-year partnership commitments
- Represents Free The Children to their portfolio corporate and foundation partners and represents the partners’ needs and interests to other Free The Children departments internally
- Accountable for maintaining the health and success of their portfolio of partners with a key focus on partner retention, growth and expansion and also escalation of any new opportunities or risks associated with their portfolio
- Execute on strategies that drive long-term corporate and major gift foundation engagement
- Support the design and delivery of third party events hosted by major partners including serving as an ambassador of Free The Children at these events, preparation of event reports and compilation of materials for external events
Skills and Qualifications:
- Postsecondary Degree in related field
- Past relationship management and project management experience
- Experience using a CRM system
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills in all internal and external relations
- Ability to exercise strong judgment and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative and an action-oriented approach
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and within a team setting
- Excellent comprehension and ease with the application of Microsoft Office programs, particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Outstanding work ethic
- Positive attitude, high energy, flexible and enthusiastic
- Experience working with Adobe InDesign
- Sound understanding of the Canadian financial services sector through past work experience is an asset
- Fluency in French is an asset
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.