Position Available: Production Assistant, We Day (on-stage content)
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a driven and creative Production Assistant to join the We Day Show Programming Production team. The Production Assistant reports to the Associate Producer, and supports the Producer in making sure that production activities run smoothly and efficiently within the department. The Production Assistant will be an asset on the team, from pre-production planning, through to execution.
The We Day work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players who learn quickly, enjoy multi- tasking and working in a fast paced environment. A passion for event planning and marketing combined with an interest in social justice is an asset.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Coordinate and ensure accuracy and organization on all assigned tasks to be carried out
- Attend all production meetings and take accurate, detailed, clear and concise notes of required revisions
- Prepare presentations and meeting materials for internal meetings with all relevant departments
- Continually ensure that the most up-to-date information and tools are delivered to appropriate individuals/departments within defined timeframes and tight deadlines.
- Proactively suggest and organize alternate plans to deal with delays that could affect the content, schedule, or quality of work
- Participate in researching, developing and coordinating on-stage content and deliverables in communication with other internal departments
- Participate in the creation and development of on stage content related to youth, talent and sponsors.
- Coordinate, manage and update all rundown items and visuals as they pertain to talent segments.
- Ensure communication between internal stakeholders are frequent and accurate
- Perform general administrative duties
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years experience in live events, event production, television or related field
- Completed a post-secondary education in relevant area of study
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Word)
- Superior organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage conflicting interests
- Resourceful and proven ability to research ideas and concepts via efficient channels
- Creative “Out-of-the-box” thinking
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time
- Flexible, adaptable, thrives in stressful situations and strong team player.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Motivated to achieve optimal results
- Executes high level of positivity and professionalism in the office and at We Day events.
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.