Position Available: Photographer / Photo Database Internship
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
We are looking for a dynamic and committed Photographer / Photo Database Intern to join our Creative and Communications department.
An 8 month commitment is required. The Intern will be provided with a $1,000 a month plus reimbursement towards a monthly metro pass. The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street).
Please quote “Photographer / Photo Database Internship” in the title of your email. The position is available as soon as possible.
- Responsible for assessing the current state of the digital photographic collection of Free The Children and Me to We.
- Provide recommendations on cost and labour effective strategies for better organization and accessibility of the collection.
- Implement metadata standards to ensure photo database is searchable and that new content can be easily added and tagged using a standardized vocabulary.
- Complete photographic duties as assigned, which may include visits to schools, leadership camps and other youth events, occasional in-house studio work etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding of digital photo collection management procedures.
- Self motivated with ability to work independently.
- Experience with event and studio photography.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Highly organized, meticulous and process-oriented.
- Possesses a natural eye for good content.