Position Available: Systems Administrator
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a highly organized and dynamic Junior Systems Administrator to join our Technology team. This position will provide support and customer service on company customer applications and platforms and responsible for the maintenance systems. Our work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, and relish the opportunity to develop and execute retention strategies to promote long-term youth engagement.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Maintain and troubleshoot MS Exchange Server and staff email accounts
- Install, Set up, and maintain staff software and hardware
- Maintain and troubleshoot office network including printers, routers, switches, wireless access points, phones and faxes
- Travel to support We Days across Canada when required
- Maintain and assist with staff backup procedures
- Assist with staff requests for help with troubleshooting software problems
- Rebuild computers using existing and new parts
- Respond to technical requests in person, via phone, electronically via remote login
- Research questions and identify solutions in a timely and cost efficient way
- Log all inventory and help desk interactions
- Identify and escalate issues requiring urgent attention
Skills and Qualifications:
- Certificate/Diploma in Information Technology or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate in a clear, concise, compelling and persuasive manner
- Outstanding work ethic
- Strong research skills, knowledge of technical resources
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects within tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and within team settings
- Ability to stay calm during stressful and urgent situations
- Knowledge of VLAN, Network QOS, Active Directory, DNS, Amazon Cloud Services, Network traffic auditing
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.