Position Available: Graphic Designer
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, and partnerships with the United Nations and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2012 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a talented and experienced Graphic Designer. The ideal candidate will possess excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle various design projects in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for an exceptional and versatile designer.
A minimum two-year commitment is required and there are two streams of compensation for our entry level coordinator roles:
- Housing option (available only in Vancouver and Toronto)
- Non-housing option
The Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $20,000 plus shared accommodation included
- Year 2: $22,000 plus shared accommodation included
The Non-Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $27, 500
- Year 2: $29, 500
There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). This role is perfect for a new
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Act as a print and web design member of design team, and report to the Creative Manager
- Work with the creative department to take on graphic design tasks such as: brochures, multi-page documents, books, magazine, posters, marketing materials, packaging, signage, logos and web components
- Carry out general office tasks, special projects and other duties as required
- Interact with external printers to receive competitive quotes and supply them with appropriate print ready files for production
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a 3-4 year Graphic Design program
- Strong knowledge of print design and production
- Possess strong illustration, typographic and page layout skills
- Web designing experience and knowledge is an asset
- Positive and energetic attitude with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to multitask, manage and focus on a number of projects in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and maintain high attention to detail
- Flexibility to accommodate extended working hours if necessary as a dedicated member of the team
- Ability to take initiative and possess an outstanding work ethic
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Excellent command of a Mac platform
- Adobe CS5 (Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Flash and Dreamweaver knowledge is an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.