Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a talented and experienced Graphic Designer. The ideal candidate will possess excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle various design projects in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for an exceptional and versatile designer.
Our work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, and relish the opportunity to develop and execute retention strategies to promote long-term youth engagement.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Create and execute a sales and marketing plan designed to acquire new business.
- Work with different functional areas within FTC and Me to We to identify revenue generating and cross sell opportunities.
- Work with leaders in various geographical markets to support pitch development and proposals.
- Engage stakeholders to create target lists of relevant prospects and identify opportunities to leverage off existing partnerships and relationships.
- Negotiate partner relationships for Free The Children’s domestic and international programs
- Work with a team to generate pitches and proposals for prospects
- Identify opportunities to seek government funding for Free The Children’s domestic and international programs
- Work to identify opportunities to further engage existing clients and increase the value delivered against partner objectives
- Undertake engagement activities with foundations, corporations and individuals throughout the year to strengthen client partner relationship
- Review client partner activation programs to ensure alignment with respective companies’ goals and objectives
Team Management and Development:
- Review team pipeline reports and metrics and ensure that account management and business development activities are given appropriate support
- Ensure that team works “closest-to-the-dollar” and protect team’s time
- Act as an escalation point for internal questions while still encouraging and empowering managers to craft their own solutions
- Provide both structured and ad-hoc coaching and indentify any training requirements to enhance performance.
Reporting and Relationships:
- Reports directly to the Director of Development and takes direction from the Co-founders.
- Provides financial, operational and strategic reports in an effort to drive revenue and identify opportunities for growth.
Skills and Qualifications:
- MA or Bachelor’s degree plus professional experience.
- Previous work experience (no less than three years) in development (sponsorship, fundraising,
- Agency experience is an asset
- Powerful work ethic, both as a team member, but also as a self-starter.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner at all levels; internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent proposal writing skills are required to be successful in this role.
- Flexibility and the ability to travel and meet with key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate high performing teams.
- Proven ability to succeed with minimal supervision.
- Excellent adhering to strict timelines
- Strong understanding of high net worth clients.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience with Free the Children or a children’s charity would be an asset.
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.