Are you a self-motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Founded in 1995 by human rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner that believes in a world where all young people are free to achieve their fullest potential. We work internationally to free children from poverty and exploitation through a holistic and sustainable development model called Adopt a Village. Domestically, we offer innovative programs that educate, engage and empower youth to become agents of change.
Free The Children seeks a Manager of Event Logistics who will manage the events both with internal and external partners of Free The Children and Me to We.
The Free The Children Executive Office work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players who enjoy multi- tasking and working in a fast paced environment. A passion for event planning and logistics combined with an interest in social justice is an asset.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum three-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a three (3) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
Please apply on our website at www.freethechildren.com/careers.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Report to and take direction from the Director of Events, Executive Office
- Support the planning, management and implementation of the entire event experience from development through to post production
- Lead the planning, development and implementation of the following at all events:
o Staffing and Volunteers
o Rundowns, including scripting
o Talent scheduling
o Venue management
o Catering orders and budgets
o Gift bags, print materials, signage and décor orders
o Operations related to: technical requirements, seating arrangements, parking and security needs
o SWOTs and evaluation process
- Support the Events Team in their daily administrative tasks as needed
- Manage and adhere to the events budgets
- Work closely with the Creative and Communications team to build out creative for each event
- Work closely with the Public Relations team to build out a public profile for each event and execute a marketing/public relations plan
- Possess a degree/qualification preferably in event planning, project management, hospitality or related field;
- Minimum of 2 years previous work experience, preferably in event planning;
- Comfortable working with external stakeholders(experience with high level corporate, celebrity and dignitary stakeholders an asset);
- Experience managing a team of full time employees;
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Able to thrive in a demanding, fast paced work environment
- Familiar and comfortable with flexible with work hours including evenings and weekends as required;
- Interest in and ability to travel to executive events as required;
- Highly self – motivated and independent, a strategic thinker;
- Able to perform well and problem solve in high stress, dynamic and changing situations;
- Detail oriented with strong attention to effective task completion;
- Comfortable working with and delegating to senior management;
- Positive and professional attitude and able to work as a team player;
- Sound understanding of and experience working with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
Please provide an event portfolio if interviewed.
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists. This means we work hard, set high goals and exceed them to help empower youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9–5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired by collaboration, making friendships with incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days, and if your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.