Position Available: Donor Services and Operations Coordinator
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a Donor Services and Operations Coordinator to join our Development team. The Donor Services & Operations Coordinator works as part of a dynamic team responsible for donation processing, general donor engagement and overall donor information management. The Donor Services and Operations Coordinator will work under the leadership of the Associate Director of Donor Services and Operations.
A minimum two-year commitment is required and there are two streams of compensation for our entry level coordinator roles:
- Housing option (available only in Vancouver and Toronto)
- Non-housing option
The Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $20,000 plus shared accommodation included
- Year 2: $22,000 plus shared accommodation included
The Non-Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $27, 500
- Year 2: $29, 500
There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). This role is perfect for a new graduate who is looking to grow and work hard for two years. You love big goals and surpassing expectations.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
Please apply at http://www.freethechildren.com/about-us/careers/
Donation and Database Management
- Support relationship managers with donor information management, including the tracking and monitoring of donations and fundraising activities.
- Process all donations and allocate them towards Free The Children’s international projects.
- Produce, analyze, and compile various reports to track donation trends.
- Coordinate the production of mailing campaigns and fundraising campaigns.
- Work closely with Associate Director of Donor Services & Operations to continuously improve the donations process to ensure financial and donor accountabilities.
- Liaise with regional offices to ensure all donations from regional offices are deposited and track accordingly.
Donor Relations and Administration
- Respond promptly and effectively to donor calls and emails relating to donations and tax receipts.
- Manage team’s central filling system.
- Coordinate the donations operations aspects of major school/youth fundraising campaigns.
- Supervise volunteers and interns helping in the department
- Carry out targeted outreach to donors to support their engagement with the organization.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in internal and external relations.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines.
- Highly tuned attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and within a team setting.
- Commitment to maintaining accurate and detailed files, databases, and work logs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word and Excel.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- Positive attitude, high energy, flexible, and enthusiastic
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.