Position Available: Donor Services Coordinator
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a Donor Services Coordinator to join our Donor Relations Team. The Donor Services Coordinator serves to support the activities of the department in their ongoing information management and support of teams across the organization, specifically the Donor and Partner Relations teams. The Donor Services Coordinator will work under the leadership of the Donor Services Manager and Associate Director of Donor Relations.
A minimum two-year commitment is required and there are two streams of compensation for our entry level coordinator roles:
The Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $20,000 plus shared accommodation included
- Year 2: $22,000 plus shared accommodation included
The Non-Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $27, 500
- Year 2: $29, 500
There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). This role is perfect for a new graduate who is looking to grow and work hard for two years. You love big goals and surpassing expectations.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Reports to and takes direction from the Donor Services Manager and Associate Director of Donor Relations
- Supports the Donor Relations team in the tracking and monitoring of donations on Artez
- Donations processing and matching for online donations made through Artez
- Backend creation of Artez pages for adult campaigns
- Weekly tracking and reporting of online and campaign donations
- Responds to inquiries about tax receipts for online donations
- Works closely with Donor Services Manager to constantly improve Artez and database processes
- Creates and manages personal fundraising pages for external and internal stakeholders
- Pulls and sorts donor lists for annual reports, holiday mailings and quarterly online reporting
- Liaises between Creative & Communications, Tech and Donor Relations teams
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post secondary Degree in related field
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills in all internal relations
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and within a team setting
- Commitment to maintaining accurate and detailed files, databases and work logs
- Excellent comprehension and ease with the application of Microsoft Office programs, particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience using an online fundraising platform is highly desired
- Strong instincts and skills around processes improvement
- Highly tuned attention to detail
- Outstanding work ethic
- Positive attitude, high energy, flexible and enthusiastic
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.