Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks an Manager of Donor Relations to join its Development team. The role seeks to retain Free The Children’s donor base, as well as to formulate and execute donor giving strategies both for online and offline donations. The manager works to ensure that financial and operational targets are met as Free The Children delivers life changing experiences for school aged youth and other stakeholders.
Our work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, and relish the opportunity to develop and execute retention strategies to promote long-term youth engagement.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
- Collaborate heavily with the Creative and Communications team to inform the theme, messaging and tactics of our online donation campaigns
- Realize the growth of the financial return, campaign quality and donor engagement of all online donations campaigns
- Oversee the daily tracking of all online donations campaigns
- Provide in-depth campaign reports to the director team and executive team, in written and presentation form
- Utilize and grow our online giving platform
- Provide strategy for our general and monthly donor programmes
- Oversee the processing and information tracking of all general offline donations, and all online donations organization wide
- Lead the strategy for a fast-paced donor relation team working directly with mid-level and major donors
- Provide leadership on the engagement, conversion and retention strategy for the donor relations team throughout the year
- Identify opportunities for business development of new funds acquisition and deepening existing relationships
- Review donor activation programs to ensure strong value for donor goals and objectives, leading to retention
- Lead the tracking and use of donor information through our database and CRM tool
- Provide the leadership for a secondary school scholarship program in Kenya, ensuring that we secure funding for the project
- Lead improvements to the international funding allocations of the organization
- Lead two annual direct mailing campaigns for the organizational annual report and holiday mailing
- Deliver weekly and monthly financial reports to a variety of internal stakeholders
- Report directly to the executive director with accurate financial reports
- Reconcile funds acquired with the accounting team
- Maintain accurate records of individual team members’ portfolios and monitor the achievement towards an annual financial matrix
- Play a direct role in the hiring, human resources issues and performance evaluation of a 12-person team
- Conduct individual check ins to monitor progress, provide support, set goals and measure success
- Lead and communicate the strategy and direction for the team throughout the year
Reporting and Relationships:
- The Manager of Donor Relations reports to the Director of Development and takes direction from the Co-founders and Executive Director.
- The manager provides financial, operational and strategic reporting to each of the above in an effort to drive revenue and identify opportunities for growth.
- Compile research and provide analytical insights into the financial and demographic trends of donor giving
- Oversee the community-based project reporting to various stakeholder groups
- Conduct stakeholder research and surveys, providing insights on our target audiences to the wider organization
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor‘s degree or commensurate experience
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in development (sponsorship & donor relations)
- Proven ability to manage and motivate high performing teams
- Strong leadership skills
- Aptitude to communicate in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner at all levels, both internal and external
- Proven ability to exercise financial accountability and robust financial reports
- Proven ability to succeed with minimal supervision
- Capacity to shift focus and multitask a variety of objectives and priorities
- Knowledge of current donor values, goals and trends, as well as donor stewardship best practices
- Proven project management faculty
Indeed - 17 months ago
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach,...