Position Available: Donor Engagement Manager
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a Donor Engagement Manager to join our Development team. The ideal candidate will have experience in fundraising and donor stewardship, demonstrate an affinity for relationship management, and be a persuasive communicator.
Our work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, and relish the opportunity to develop and execute retention strategies to promote long-term youth engagement.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
Donor Stewardship and Retention
- Manage relationships with a large portfolio of donors who are significant contributors to our Adopt a Village programming
- Employing strategic and creative approaches, steward the engagement of major donors, ensuring a compelling donor experience and ongoing contributions
- Fulfill our commitments to donors, seeing that all aspects are carried out and preparing donor updates and reports
- Provide planning and in-person support to third-party events and fundraisers hosted by donors
- Ensure donor satisfaction through responsiveness to inquiries, with prompt and effective problem-solving
- Attend and represent the organization at fundraising and networking events, occasionally in a public speaking role
- Identify prospective donors and engage them in supporting Free The Children
- Carry out administrative responsibilities related to the management of your portfolio of donors, including diligent maintenance of donor records
- Maintain thorough, accurate records of projected and actual financial information
Reporting and Relationships
- The Donor Engagement Manager reports directly to Associate Director of Donor Engagement
- Report to the Director of Development, Executive Director and Co-founders on an as-needed basis
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years professional work experience in a fundraising role, or related
- Highly-tuned skills as a proactive fundraiser
- Excellent administrative, communication and inter-personal skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and remain solution driven
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Positive and energetic
- Strong public speaking skills
- Experience working with basic word processing and financial software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent professional correspondence skills
- Valid driver’s license an asset
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.