Position Available: Correspondence & Special Projects Coordinator
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children is seeking a detail-oriented Correspondence and Special Projects Coordinator. This position is responsible for providing support to the Executive Office on all daily correspondence and ongoing project matters. A sophisticated level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion is imperative.
A minimum two-year commitment is required and there are two streams of compensation for our entry level coordinator roles:
- Housing option (available only in Vancouver and Toronto)
- Non-housing option
The Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $20,000 plus shared accommodation included
- Year 2: $22,000 plus shared accommodation included
The Non-Housing option compensation offers a base salary
- Year 1: $27, 500
- Year 2: $29, 500
There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). This role is perfect for a new graduate who is looking to grow and work hard for two years. You love big goals and surpassing expectations.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Provide support to co-Founders on their written communication and correspondence
- Ghost writing responses to emails and letters from external stakeholders on a daily basis
- Adhere to the rapid responses and turn-around of correspondence and effectively reach challenging deadlines
- Assisting with follow up from meetings and bringing projects through the organization
- Flexible writing to adjust voice when corresponding with schools, youth, and corporate stakeholders alike, effectively following organizational key messaging
Administrative and Project Support
- Assisting with special projects in accordance with various members of the Executive leadership team
- Special projects to include PowerPoint presentations, special events, organizational campaigns, and other initiatives on an ongoing basis
- Performing research on topics as directed
- Maintaining positive relationships with internal team members to ensure that projects are complete
- Providing highest level of support with administrative tasks
- Assisting with a multitude of roles at the office allowing for variety, with some personal assistance
- Providing support on other tasks as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must possess a University/College degree, (Major in Communications or Writing is preferred)
- Minimum two years of professional experience required , ideally including in a ghost writing capacity
- Demonstrated writing ability a must, with experience providing support at a similar professional level preferred
- Able to prioritize effectively and handle challenging, high-volume project deadlines
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic and dedication, flexible schedule, comfortable with last minute requests
- Must be a self-directed, problem-solver and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion, confidentiality and accountability
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.