Position Available: Corporate Sponsorship Manager, We Day
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a dynamic and committed Corporate Sponsorship Manager, We Day to join our team. The Manager, Corporate Sponsorship serves to support the on-boarding, sponsorship fulfillment and re-engagement of corporate partners for our signature youth empowerment event, We Day. We Day feature motivational and inspirational speeches and performances that engage and empower hundreds of thousands of youth throughout Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom to change the world. The Manager will work under the leadership of the Associate Director, Sponsorship Fulfillment, We Day.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
Please apply at http://www.freethechildren.com/about-us/careers/
- Responsible for the overall health and maintenance of sponsor relationships and works actively to create an exemplary experience for sponsors, at We Day and year-round.
- Report to the Associate Director, Sponsorship Fulfillment, We Day and work in close collaboration with both the Director, Global Business Development & Strategy and the Executive Director for We Day Global
- Support the development and execution of the sponsorship departmental strategy
- Manage one sponsorship coordinator, facilitating regular check-ins, team meetings and mechanisms for tracking their progress and performance, as relates to team goals and strategy
- Ensure flawless execution of all elements of We Day sponsorship activation for all sponsors (in-event special experiences and seating, volunteer experience, on-stage experience) and acts as on-site contact for sponsors at We Day events
- Actively ensure clear communication flow with sponsors by acting as connection point between sponsor and We Day core team.
- Work closely with sponsors and the We Day production team to create meaningful and creative activations for sponsors that meets sponsors’ objectives and connects their messages to We Day
- Manage the coordination of sponsor recognition in printed marketing materials and web recognition
- Advocate for sponsors’ interests and objectives in internal conversations
- Develop event follow-up strategy and manage execution of follow-up in order to foster relationships and retain a minimum of 70 to 80% partners through reengagement
- Oversee and coordinate the development of We Day reports for each sponsor
- Collaborate with the Associate Director, Sponsorship Fulfillment, and the Director, Business Development & Strategy in working with Business Development team in pitch and proposal development to support funding requirements for We Day
- Manage and oversee the development of key sponsorship and corporate marketing pieces, such as the sponsorship deck, sponsorship report, corporate brochure and annual report.
- Oversee follow-through with invoices and financial tracking in collaboration with the Coordinator, Sponsorship Fulfillment and Free The Children’s accounting team
- Manage sponsor outreach activities and sponsorship events outside of We Day
Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree in either Business, Marketing, Communications, International Development, or other related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in fundraising, sponsorship, or event management
- Marketing experience is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills in all internal and external relations
- Understanding of the business environment and an appreciation for professionalism
- Ability to manage young staff and interest in gaining and growing managerial skills
- Advanced writing skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and within a team setting
- Positive attitude, high energy, flexible and enthusiastic
- Commitment to maintaining accurate and detailed files, databases and work logs
- Excellent comprehension and ease with the application of Microsoft Office programs, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.