Position Available: Associate Producer, We Day
Are you a self motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks an experienced and results driven Associate Producer to work with the We Day production team and manage the development of the We Day tour’s onstage content. The Associate Producer will sit on the We Day Production team, reporting directly to the Associate Director, Show Programming and Producer. The Associate Producer will be responsible to ensure that all organizational priorities and key messaging is reflected strategically on the We Day stage.
The We Day work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players, who learn quickly, enjoy multi- tasking and working in a fast paced environment. A passion for producing and production combined with an interest in social justice is necessary.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum two-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be negotiated. There is a six (6) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
Writing samples, or demo reels are an asset.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Develop, create, and update rundown schedules for approximately 12 Live events and oversee the development of show scripts
- Conceive, produce and write engaging, compelling investigative and human interest stories about celebrities/youth talent/community leaders/speakers
- Set clear project plans/work back schedules and proactively manage project timelines and expectations with internal and external stakeholders
- Implement measures and tactics to ensure pro-active communication within the team
- Optimize and improve work flow and processes as well as support the production team as needed. Manage the We Day Writer/Editor workload by creating work-back schedules and having regular check-ins and meetings.
- Manage the workload of the We Day Production Assistant assigned to the talent and onstage content team
- Manage the development of keynote speeches and corresponding visuals
- Research, develop and pitch stories/talent that reflect the ambitious and unique sensibilities of We Day
- Assist in defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support We Day priorities in collaboration with the other relevant departments
- Effectively communicate segment expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner
- Attend all production meetings and take accurate, detailed, clear and concise notes of required revisions
- Work closely with the Talent team, scheduling talent phone calls and meetings to discuss their speaking segments onstage at We Day
- Research and prepare talent speaking notes to distribute to Talent, PR, and Sponsorship teams
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-4 years experience in live events, event production, television or related field
- Completed a post-secondary education in relevant area of study
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Word)
- Comfortable in training and presenting in front of large groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in a professional and concise documents
- Flexible and adaptable in different and fast paced environments.
- Results oriented and Self starter, requiring minimal supervision
- Superior organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage conflicting interests
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and inter-personal skills
- Able to multi-task and manage wide-range of projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work and projecting a positive attitude
- Able to work both independently and within team setting with minimal supervision
- Resourceful and proven ability to research ideas and concepts via efficient channels
- Creative “Out-of-the-box” thinking
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.