Are you a results-oriented marketing and business development expert experienced in corporate partnership management alongside people and project management?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
We are looking for an Associate Director, U.S. Partnerships to join the leadership team of our Partner Relations team under our Development Department. The Associate Director of U.S. Partnerships provides strategic guidance and oversight to a team of 4 full-time staff comprised of program managers and coordinators, whom in turn are responsible for the stewardship and management of over 80 diverse corporate and major gift foundation partnerships. The Partner Relations team is responsible for growing and maintaining the organization’s position as the charity of choice amongst 100 per cent of its partners. The Associate Director of U.S. Partnerships will work together with the Associate Director, Canadian Partnerships under the leadership of the Director of Global Partnerships. This is a permanent full-time position. The candidate should have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive corporate stewardship experience, including experience working in a cross-departmental collaborative environment.
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). A minimum three-year commitment is expected. Salary is to be discussed. There is a three (3) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program.
While résumés are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Reports to and takes direction from the Director of Global Partnerships.
- Provides direction and oversight to a team of four program managers and two coordinators who each hold a portfolio of corporate and major gift foundation partners who support Free The Children’s local and global mandate.
- Authors job descriptions for new and open positions within the team and conducts first and second round interviews for all new hires on the Partner Relations team.
-Responsible for team management including on-boarding and training of new staff, conducting performance evaluations, and conducting recurring check-ins, ensuring all staff are set up for success.
- Responsible for approving and tracking vacation requests, expense reimbursements (excluding travel),and responsible for the successful internal on-boarding of cross-functional teams upon acquisition of a new partner including assignment of a dedicated program manager.
- Ensure the successful launch of new corporate partnerships through onboarding and robust project management, and on occasion event planning activities.
- Initiate cross-departmental information sharing for partner-funded programs to track against deliverables associated to both domestic programs and international programs (including fulfillment of sponsored speaking tours, sponsored youth scholarship programs, sponsored campaigns and partner-funded Adopt a Village activities).
- Represent the organization’s interests and priorities amongst partners and in turn represent the partners’ interests internally at the organization.
- Represent the organization at donor and partner events in a public-speaking capacity.
- Responsible for the project management of corporate stewardship activities, tracking partnership health, assessing partnership risk and identifying growth opportunities.
- Responsible for the authoring and reviewing of partnership agreements and contracts.
- Responsible for the quality control of external communications including correspondence, major impact reports and presentations.
- Ensure the proper reflection of partnerships on public-facing materials such as the Free The Children website, and the organization’s annual report.
- Development of materials and resources to facilitate turnkey employee engagement activities.
Internal Reporting and Internal Accountabilities
- Support the preparation of monthly financial reports to the Associate Director, Canadian Partnerships, detailing funds forecasted and accounts receivable for funds under management by Partner Relations and regional offices’ institutional funders.
- Ensure the accurate and thorough record-keeping and filing of all partnership contracts, invoices, letters of agreement and other sensitive documents.
- Refine the team’s performance reporting tools through its CRM system, Salesforce, to adhere with organizational standards.
- Preparation of partnership updates for the Executive Director to in turn share with the Board of Directors annually
- Delivery of monthly new staff on-boarding presentation on behalf of the Development Department.
- Documentation and knowledge sharing of trends regarding major partners, including:
- Generation of stakeholder analyses and partner briefing documents.
- Reporting on employee engagement activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Postsecondary Degree in related field: International Development, Business or Marketing
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of international development and trends in corporate social responsibility, corporate philanthropy and cause marketing
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Very keen eye for detail
- A strong understanding of and experience working in the U.S. market specifically in the nonprofit sector.
- Ability to motivate a diverse team of independent thinkers and foster their professional growth and development
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate difficult conversations with internal and external Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and within a team setting
- Excellent comprehension and ease with the application of Microsoft Office programs, particularly - PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with creating new documents using Adobe InDesign
- Familiarity with using a CRM system; experience using Salesforce is an asset
- Outstanding work ethic and proven ability to take initiative and remain organized and solution driven
Please apply online at: http://www.freethechildren.com/about-us/careers/
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.