Are you a person who enjoys challenges and making a difference in the world?
Me to We is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. By offering socially conscious and environmentally friendly products and life-changing experiences, Me to We measures the bottom line not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives we change and the positive social and environmental impact we make. In addition, half of Me to We's net profit is donated to Free The Children, our best friend and charity partner, while the other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise and its social mission.
The Me to We Coordination Team is seeking a dynamic, hardworking, driven individual with strong financial analysis, customer service and task management skills to join our department as an Accounts Receivable Coordinator. This individual will assist the International Trip Coordinators by overseeing and ensuring the accuracy of all fundraising activities, all payments received, managing client’s financial accounts and financial reporting/reconciliation for all youth participating in our international trips and domestic experiences.
Compensation for the role falls within the organization’s standard coordinator salary.
- Year 1: $27,500
- Year 2: $29,500
There is a three (3) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program. The position is based out of Me to We’s office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street).
Please apply on our website at www.metowe.com/careers.
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
- Work alongside the Me to We International Trip Coordinators, Domestic Programs Coordinators and Me to We Youth Engagers.
- Report to and consult with the Manager of Youth Coordination, Associate Director of Operations, and Director of School & Youth Coordination
- Preparation of weekly financial reporting and analysis to management team.
- Oversee the receipt and reconciliation of all payments, refunds, discounts, etc. between our client management and financial management systems
- Oversee the receipt and reconciliation of fundraising activities made online or offline with our financial client management system.
- Working with and keeping the accounting team in the know about current financials within the department.
- Provide excellent customer service on inbound questions about financial statements and deadlines.
- Answer questions about Me to We’s School & Youth experiences from interested youth, parents and educators/headmasters.
- Carry out general office tasks, special projects and other duties as required.
- Oversee the payments of all trip participants, ensuring participants are meeting their financial deadlines and consulting with coordinators for those who have not.
- Keeping coordinators accountable to outstanding payments and implementing timely follow up.
- Ensure that all bursaries and scholarships received are recorded and reflected in a timely and accurate way.
- Through daily use of all internal client management systems, maintain up to date knowledge of the systems and services the organization provides as resources for International and Domestic programs.
- Proactively and reactively problem solve financial irregularities to ensure our client’s experience is maintained
- Ongoing innovative and creative thinking to enhance our financial reporting and internal controls
- Provide regular training updates to the Coordination and Engagement teams.
- Contribute to solution building where needed by providing accurate financial information.
- Track and record all client correspondence and payments utilizing our client management tool – SalesForce.
- Generate daily financial and registration status reports to provide trip coordinators with an accurate and complete report on the financial and registration status of all trip participants.
- Ensure that all reports are accurately pulling and displaying information in a way that coordinators are able to understand and utilize.
- Provide excellent customer service and accurate information on inbound questions about financial statements and deadlines.
- Provide frequent status reports to trip coordinators and the engagement team to ensure that we are proactively communicating the most accurate and relevant information to our clients.
- Support the International Trip Coordinators during peak trips seasons with phone and email correspondence with clients.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong organizational and financial record keeping skills.
- Keen interest in systems management, financial reporting and problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership skills through academic, professional or personal life.
- Proven ability to take initiative and manage high-stress situations.
- Positive attitude and ability to work as a team player and work well independently.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment.
- Personal values that match Me to We and FTC core values.
- Possess a degree preferably in Economics, Financial Administration, Business, or another related field.
- Experience working with client management and financial management software (e.g., SalesForce, Client Majic, Beanstream, Paypal) is an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
What makes Me to We unique…
Me to We is filled with passionate, driven, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists. This means we work hard, set high goals and exceed them to help empower youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9–5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired by collaboration, making friendships with incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days, and if your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Me to We sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.