Fred’s Industrial Services Ltd. a small reputable company, in operation since 1997; is currently seeking Journeyman Millwrights to join its team on a FT, permanent basis. Located in the Foothills Industrial Park in SE Calgary; Fred’s Industrial completes industrial work of all kinds: Millwright, Welding & Fabrication, Electrical, Pipe Fitting, Bucket Truck and Crane Services.
“Big Enough to Serve You; Small Enough to Know You”
What We Offer:
- Competitive Wages
- *Comprehensive Group Insurance plan – 100% Employer sponsored which includes:
Extended Health, Dental, Vision
- *Stat Holidays, including the Civic Holiday and Boxing Day
- A Solid, Professional, Experienced and Tenured Team
- Social Events & Other Perks
*qualifying periods apply
At Fred’s Industrial, we have a true teamwork approach to work. The Project scopes vary from contract to contract; from simplistic to complex in nature. We often do those assignments that no one else can or will do, which makes us the “go-to” company for Industrial work. The selected candidates will perform millwright duties primarily, but, may be called upon to complete other tasks where applicable and where seen qualified in order to complete assignments in an efficient and timely fashion. Working hours are generally Monday to Friday days, but, occasionally shifts may vary from days, afternoons, or overnights, and may include an occasional weekend, in order to accommodate the hours required by our clients.
- Install, maintain, repair and/or troubleshoot stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment at customer sites
- Read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures
- Operate rigging equipment and dollies to move heavy machinery and parts
- Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts to precise tolerances
- Align and test equipment and make any necessary adjustments
- Perform predictive and operational maintenance using procedures such as vibration analysis, and repair or replace defective parts when necessary
- Service and repair hydraulic, pneumatic and programmable logic controls
- Fabrication and tack welding (to temporarily hold components in place until they can be welded by qualified team members)
- Must possess a Journeyman Millwright Certificate.
- 5+ years of experience in industrial environments and/or a combination of education and work related experience.
- A valid Driver's License and a good driving record are required.
- Experience in other trades such as electrical, welding, and crane equipment operation would be considered assets
- Any safety related training, an asset
In addition, we are looking for the following characteristics:
- Good sense of humour
- Good co-ordination and manual dexterity and Physical strength and stamina
- Open-minded and team orientated; with exceptional drive to exceed customer expectations
- The ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and blueprints and trouble-shoot mechanical systems
- Desire to mentor and supervise the work of others, when required.
- Passionate about precision work with machinery and equipment.
We are a small informal operation that works hard, but we also understand the need to have fun and find time to reap the benefits of our daily labour. If you meet the above qualifications; we want to hear from you. Please apply by submitting your .doc or .pdf resume via Indeed, or, alternatively, via fax at 403-279-6008.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls. Fred’s Industrial Services Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer
*****This is not a camp or commuter position. Work is within the Calgary or surrounding area******