Employee Category: Full Time /Part Time
Salary and Compensation: Based qualification and experiences
Fraser Valley Community College (FVCC) offers diploma and certificate courses in the areas of Business, Technology, Environment and Language. The motivated and dynamic team of FVCC is committed to delivering the highest quality learning experience to the students. To teach different courses for the program of Environmental Sustainability, FVCC is seeking Professors/ Instructors who are ready to begin their professional journey with FVCC and enjoy exciting opportunities for in-house educational advancement and future career growth.
- Instructs different courses for the program of Environmental Sustainability (e.g, Introduction to stability, Sustainability measurement and models, Sustainability development in practice, Managing change towards sustainability etc).
- Administer student’s evaluation including conducting examination, evaluating exam paper & assignments and reporting grades and marks to the president.
- Maintain a positive learning environment. Facilitate student learning activities that encourage collaboration and positive peer relationships.
- Monitor progress of the students towards achieving goals and objectives.
- Share knowledge and resources with other staff of the college that enhance learning opportunities for the students.
- Assist / develop additional programs in area of Computer Science and Engineering.
- Provide Information Technology (IT) support to the college as needed.
- Provide technical support to the President and senior staffs as needed.
- Supervise computer labs as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine cleaning of equipment in the computer labs.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Undergraduate/graduate degree in Business, Science, Engineering or in related field. Experienced candidates with an undergraduate degree in other discipline will be also considered.
- Minimum 1-2 years experiences in teaching in any institution.
- Must be comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Must have a valid work permit/ authorization in Canada.
If you consider yourself ready to take challenge to be a part of a developing college and can fulfill the above mentioned requirements please send your updated resume with a cover letter by 31/07/2013. We appreciate all the applicants, however; only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further processing.