Office Administrator Role
Contract Role Compensation: ($12/hour - $15/hour)
Days: 7 days a week (Starting July 23rd – September 30th) Possible Extension for yearly contract.
About the Company:
Cultivating a premiere quality berry from our own fields to our state of the art packing and processing facilities, Fraser Valley Packers keeps a green thumb on the pulse of the blueberry industry. Its vertically integrated, modernized operations, harvests fresh high bush blueberries mechanically, as well as by hand. This ensures the quality of their product from field to processing.
Fraser Valley Packers sorts and distributes U.S. grown blueberries for its U.S. customers and Canadian grown fruit for the Canadian market.
Fraser Valley Packers deliver direct to their own packing and processing plants, and then ship within hours to their customers with their own fleet of temperature controlled trucks. Fraser Valley Packers exports fresh and frozen products globally to United States, Japan, Korea, China, New Zealand, Australia and the United Kingdom
- Reception/General Clerical and time keeping
- Handle phones, direct all incoming calls
- Greet and direct visitors to the office.
- Provide clerical support to managers
- Update employee contact lists
- Booking Trucks for shipments
- Ensure all shipping documents are correctly completed.
- Review courier invoices.
- Facilities Administration
- Liaise with building maintenance; and suppliers etc.
- Issue employee guidelines with respect to behavior, dress code, communication, and company directives, and food safety
- Verify time clock report daily and monthly to ensure accuracy based on contracted hours required.
- Assist office admin staff with day-to-day queries and resolve problems in regards to: Work Schedules, conflicts etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reporting to: Production Manager
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in office administration and or Certificate in Office Administration.
- Advanced professional writing and communication skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong customer service focus; good accuracy and attention to detail; well-developed time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees and management at all levels of the company.
- Excellent judgment, diplomacy, discretion and problem solving skills
- Hindi or Punjabi speaking an asset but not necessary
Indeed - 7 months ago