Fraser River, Pile & Dredge (GP) is Canada's largest Marine Construction and Dredging contractor. The company is privately owned with operations mainly in Western Canada and the Northwest Territories. FRPD's versatile fleet of cutter suction and hopper dredges, spud barges, cranes, dump barges, flat scows and extensive list of support equipment is ready to complete all types and sizes of Marine Construction, Environmental Remediation, Dredging and Land Foundation projects. FRPD's experienced and enthusiastic Project Teams are dedicated to exceeding our existing and future clients' expectations.
FRPD is seeking a Construction Surveyor with survey education/experience within the construction industry.
The Construction Surveyor will report to the Construction Division Manager.
- Daily survey and marine derrick positioning tasks
- Set-up, configure and operate various survey instrumentation including total stations, levels and GPS; as well as hydrographic equipment such as single-beam echo sounders and tide gauges, in support of construction operations
- Configure and operate RTK and DGPS systems for both navigation and data collection purposes
- Ability to configure and operate land survey equipment for pile positioning and topographic surveys
- Execute projects within small teams and responsible to conduct and self-manage projects.
- Flexibility and ability to work out of town for extended periods
- Ability to learn data collection, processing and navigation methods used at FRPD.
- Experience with software such as AutoCAD, HydroPRO, QINSy and Terramodel a plus.
- Strong understanding of key survey concepts such as geodesy, survey accuracies and quality control
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office and technical software applications
- Excellent English communications skills, written and verbal
- Some heavy lifting required
- Climb ladders, stand or walk for long periods of time required
- Ability to work on deck in a marine environment
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Geomatics or related discipline with preference given to those with experience in the construction surveying industry
- Valid Canadian driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application by October 25th, 2013 by responding to this posting, or in hard copy to:
Fraser River, Pile & Dredge: ATTN: HR Generalist
1830 River Drive
Fax: (604) 521-7530
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Fraser River Pile & Dredge (GP) Inc. (FRPD) was incorporated in Alberta in 2008, and is a successor company to Fraser River Pile Driving...