Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

fun work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Westmisnter11 March 2017
Good team work amongs staff. The team leader is very supportive. With regards to scheduling, they are very easy on staff. I don't have a problem with this workplace. Everything is good.
Pros
good Team Leader
An awesome place to work
Hand Hygiene Auditor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2017
FHA is a great company to work for! There are so many job positions available in different departments.

You get to work with lots of friendly people and there's an opportunity to help people everyday.
Working with all the excellent staff and frail patients at BGH is a joy and a privilege
RCA (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 December 2016
Over the last 16 years, my learning curve has gone up steadily, thanks to the many departments, calling on my services. Leaving work behind, is the hardest part of this kind of work.
Great salary and benefits but don't become part of management
HR (Former Employee) –  Fraser Valley7 February 2015
They like to preach work/life balance and if you are unionized, then generally you have that. If you are part of the management team, you will be expected to run off your feet, spend at least 10 hours a day at work, and rarely see your family. They are micro-managers who like to track you as to when you arrive, when you leave, and where you are no matter how good a job you do. There is no trust even though you are working through your lunch and extra hours to get the work done.

Your own team will have backstabbers - you cannot trust anyone and it is mind-boggling. Fraser Health is not a great place to work. If you must, use it as a stepping stone to another heath authority. PHSA, Providence, and even Vancouver Coastal are all better environments.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Too much politics and work overload
Administration/Projects (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 November 2016
work overload. politics. stressful. tough. not really worth all the effort, it depends on your team..pros and cons, but I have seen better work/ life balance out there.
communications (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 January 2016
Good salary, hard working and inspiring people, driven management teams. Challenging work, but good work. You feel good about the company, the people and the projects because they really do their best.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
bureaucratic
Orientation
RN Home Health Liaison (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC31 January 2017
Very comprehensive orientation plan although some subjects were below my expectation and skill set - more geared to new hires/grads.
So sucks
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 November 2016
The most unprofessional environment I have ever endured. Made the army seemed like geniuses. If you are male give this organization a pass.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
learning to be patient in a fast paced environment
Care Aide but am looking for Cashier job (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC24 March 2014
I start work early around 7 am, beginning with bathes and showers, giving medications and personal care. Make some breakfasts for some clients, and spend some time chatting and visiting to make them feel comfortable.
I often learned things about their upbringing, working with those as old as 102 and as young as 40's and learned everyone has a story.
I had to take my orders from management in a direct way and learn to listen carefully.
Working one on one with other workers was very important as we relied on each other to work as a team so things ran smoothly for the client. We learned to finish off what the others left for us and to be constant so were efficient.
Watching people lose their loved ones, especially the spouses and children but it was worthwhile to know you'd made a good difference in caring for their loved one.
Meeting new people and learning about their lives when they were young and what they contributed to our country.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Job security and hours being all over the place
On the whole, FH is a good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 September 2015
Average salary and working conditions.
Disorganized after their integration with the individual health units.
I would welcome another opportunity to work at FH if they improve upon their organizational operating structure.
Pros
Large organization.
Cons
Not as organized as they could be overall.
Health Authority
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby BC, Canada26 March 2016
Fraser Health offers a supportive environment that helps you thrive professionally with:

Sponsorship of formal education
Development programs designed to foster leadership across all professions along with annual performance goal setting and evaluation
A values-based culture that encourages employee recognition and respect in the workplace
A focus on employee health and safety with ergonomic workplaces, safety equipment, flu immunization, health fairs, and PEARS return to work program
Multifaceted communications systems and feedback opportunities
Good Benefits, good team
Administrative (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC28 April 2014
I enjoy working with a team of friendly, hard working individuals.

The job is hectic and is never complete.

Management could be more flexible to create a more positive and equal working relationship

I enjoy the challenge and a feeling of success when I make difficult decisions.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
little flexibility
good place to work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC30 December 2014
I learned a lot about institutional cooking as I have worked at 5 Fraser Health Care Facilities in the past 5 years. This has given me extensive knowledge of different equipment and sites.

I enjoyed the challenges of preparing food for various dietary needs.
I particularly like working independently and as part of a team to have meals ready for service hot and on time.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not creative
Challenges of a Hospital
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 July 2016
I enjoyed the work taking into consideration patients needs and conditions . I learned a lot of plant operations . my co workers were always helpful and supportive.
Pros
a friendly attmosphere
Cons
Very productive and an easy place to work
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 July 2016
Everyone is very professional and sincere about their work. Often the work could be slow and the implementation of the project could be challenging.
Productive and secure job
Food Service Supervisor/ Diet Technician (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 October 2012
Great co workers
Very strong Union
Great Benefits
Full time hours
Pros
great benefits and job security
Cons
rotational shifts
Fast paced environment and working with a great team makes this position very enjoyable
Administrative Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 January 2016
Arrived ahead of time to set up the clinic
Check your messages and emails
Answering the phones and transfer to the right department or person
Prepared patient before seeing the doctor by completing paperwork
Rebook patient as per doctor's request
Book any special appointments needed for patients as per Doctor's request
Data entry, mail sorting, making and pulling charts
Booking meetings
Retrieve bloodwork results and file in the right chart
Working with different programs
It was a very interesting job which needs to be done as a team as its a very busy enviroment when you work in a hospital
Hardest part will be when we were short stuff as you have to keep the save level of service to the patients
The best part of the job was to see patients getting better and go on with their lifes after recovery
Great work experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 February 2016
Long eventful hours that are both engaging and full of learning experiences. Management of patients / workloads was appropriate times. Co-workers were professional and very helpful. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were able to help patients throughout your day.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Limited staff
Good working environment.
Shift Engineer fourth class/maintenance worker 5 (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC21 October 2012
Power Plant,operation including firing steam boiler, maintaing heating boilers,boiler water analysis,plant maintenance including fan/pump preventitive maintenance/repair/replacement.Chiller operation[up to 30 ton],chiller water tower water testing [corrosion inhibitor /biocide concentrations].I also maintain/repair all of the ice-machines in the hospital.I just passed the required certification for charging/recovering/purchasing refrigerants on oct 13 2012 @ B.C.I.T.. I also have my first year of commercial refrigeration training B.C.I.T. certificate of completion.Management/co-workers all good people. The hardest part of the job is working on equipment that there is no reference material[ maintenance manuals].Also, very little overtime.No advancement.
Pros
good working environment.
Cons
no overtime.no advancement.
Good Company
Lead Hand/Patient Financial Counsellor (Current Employee) –  BC25 April 2014
Fraser Health is a great company to work for but the room for advancement is limited. Managing a staff of 6 employees gives me the opportunity to interact with the employees and motivate them to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Challenges are there in all jobs yet I find it makes my job more interesting to accomplish all tasks making any improvements for the department. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help those around me and the interactions that I encounter daily whether by phone or in person. Management styles are different in all organizations and it is something you adjust to from one organization to another.
Pros
Government
Cons
No room for advancement/ no reconition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

73%