Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

Overall some places are great
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 November 2016
I enjoy Burnaby hospital much more than Surrey memorial hospital. The staff are much more friendlier and it's very casual. Central city in Surrey can be mixed depending on the boss as its a mix of north, east and south regions during the amalgamation a few years back. However whatever job you do you're expected tp perform and do well. If you don't, other staff members will have to pick up the slack and it makes for a resentful environment. You're expected to learn continuously and not be lazy, be proactive and engaged.
Pros
Free lunches once in a while
Cons
Pay could be better for clerical staff who work hard to support and are the face of fha
Productive and challenging work environment.
Nursing Assistant (RCA) (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 November 2016
Challenging and rewarding experience. The work days are always different. Learned the art of working in a fast-paced, physically and mentally challenging environment. Co-workers are great. You definitely learn to depend on each other in this industry. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping those who can no longer help themselves and bringing happiness to their day.
Productive and love providing care for the elderly.
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 November 2016
I loved providing care for the elderly. They had a lot of stories to tell about the past. For most of them, we were the only people they saw.
Everyone has their own personality and traditions. We were one to one with the clients -- very rarely saw co workers.
Pros
Love talking to the seniors.
Cons
Cannot think of anything at this time.
Hard working employees with great team work.
Nursing Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 July 2016
I work in Intensive Care and it's busy, unpredictable and fast paced. I love it, but unfortunately there is no room for advancement in my current role. I work with fantastic staff and management which I am very proud of. It's a very rewarding place to work, tough situations with the acuteness of the unit, but very rewarding most days.
I have learned much about team work, multi tasking, prioritizing, computer and communication skills here.
Pros
Great team
Cons
No room for advancement and not compensated well.
Fun, productive and rewarding work environment.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 August 2016
The more schooling the better financially, however every position is as equally rewarding and sustaining. No matter what your skill or ability level there is opportunity. You really have a sense of being helpful and caring.
Pros
benefits that come with permanent status
Cons
varied hours
Don't waste your time
An outsider looking in (Current Employee) –  B.c.15 August 2016
If you are looking to work for fraser health maintenance. Do yourself a favour and read the true ratings from the employees of Vancouver Coastal health.I wish I would have read the reviews prior to accepting a job.I couldn't believe what was written but now I totally agree with their points of view. ( Vancouver Coastal Health rate your employer )It's sad to say that in this organization you are a name and a number,being treated like little children with no say.The management has no desire to improve employer/employee relations and have a one track vision for maintenance. The only ones loosing out are the medical staffs and patients, sad be cause this is not what I signed up for.The infastruxture where I work is on the verge of massive failure
Pros
Working with medical staff helping patients
Cons
Toxic environment, bulling managers, reactionary management with poor people skills and poor or no maitaince direction.
Poor management style; not very sophisticated organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 September 2016
Administrative support role. The workload was comparative to doing two jobs anywhere else - with reactionary and scattered priorities. FH is under-funded and people in many areas are doing the work of more than one person; this is not sustainable. Co-workers are very dis-engaged and unhappy. No room for growth and there is a sense of mediocrity. Was told not to make waves, do as I'm told, and not care so much. High turnover is a sign of issues, but management is not interested in addressing this. Benefits are very good and pay is average compared to other public sector environments. Culturally, people work very hard, but are not provided with engagement opportunities. The organization seems very immature in many ways. Not a place for anyone who has worked in more sophisticated or engaged environments.
Pros
Public sector pay and benefits.
Cons
No value or respect for people; poor engagement and mediocre work standards.
Too much politics and work overload
Administration/Projects (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 November 2016
work overload. politics. stressful. tough. not really worth all the effort, it depends on your team..pros and cons, but I have seen better work/ life balance out there.
Whats it's like
Maternal OR Aide (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 August 2016
A good place to work. They pay a fair wage and the benefits are really good. Long shifts. Co-workers are good people, a diverse group of people. Easy to work with.
Pros
Work with good co workers
Cons
Long commute
So sucks
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 November 2016
The most unprofessional environment I have ever endured. Made the army seemed like geniuses. If you are male give this organization a pass.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Maternity Leave
Treasury Clerk to the Finance Department- Temp (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC27 June 2016
Queen's Park staff were lovely and FHA is a great organization with wonderful benefits.

Although short lived, it was a great experiences with legalities, account management and financial reconciliations.
great co workers
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 October 2016
A great place to work with awesome benefits . If you like helping people and are a good team worker this is a great place to work.
Pros
Lots of ot
Cons
Lots of ot
Challenges of a Hospital
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 July 2016
I enjoyed the work taking into consideration patients needs and conditions . I learned a lot of plant operations . my co workers were always helpful and supportive.
Pros
a friendly attmosphere
Cons
A small workplace but happy working conditions, good environment and steady.
Content Developer for Online Learning Program (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 March 2016
What you would expect from a government-type position - great working hours with some flexibility, a good pace without impossible deadlines, opportunities to learn and flex creative muscles.
Pros
9-5 without phone calls/emails at home, good compensation.
Cons
Reluctant to give salary/permanent status due to government benefits.
Health Authority
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby BC, Canada26 March 2016
Fraser Health offers a supportive environment that helps you thrive professionally with:

Sponsorship of formal education
Development programs designed to foster leadership across all professions along with annual performance goal setting and evaluation
A values-based culture that encourages employee recognition and respect in the workplace
A focus on employee health and safety with ergonomic workplaces, safety equipment, flu immunization, health fairs, and PEARS return to work program
Multifaceted communications systems and feedback opportunities
Health focused, but no room for advancement
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Westminster and Burnaby, BC11 March 2016
This was just my practicum but from what I hear from my supervisors through Fraser Heath there are many discounts and promotions through local companies such as fitness centers to encourage a healthy lifestyle in their employees. Hospital employees are unionized so there is great job security, however there is limited control of your role in the company. As a MLA there is little room for advancement without further education. Also like any job place, especially one with a primarily female population, there is some workplace gossip/drama.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
little room for advancement
Very productive and an easy place to work
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 July 2016
Everyone is very professional and sincere about their work. Often the work could be slow and the implementation of the project could be challenging.
good
RPN at Surrey Memorial Hospital (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 May 2016
Good place to work for stability and diverse workplaces . Good benefits and pay. Find your passion. One of the biggest health authorities. Fraser health is in different cities for flexibility of location
Large health authority
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2016
This health region covers whole of Alberta with many opportunities, great pay, and competitive benefits. I was fortunate to work for them for 6 years.
Great work experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 February 2016
Long eventful hours that are both engaging and full of learning experiences. Management of patients / workloads was appropriate times. Co-workers were professional and very helpful. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were able to help patients throughout your day.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Limited staff