Fraser Health Authority

Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

fun work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Westmisnter11 March 2017
Good team work amongs staff. The team leader is very supportive. With regards to scheduling, they are very easy on staff. I don't have a problem with this workplace. Everything is good.
Pros
good Team Leader
Work place is very good .
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 March 2017
I like working with Fraser health. Management and co - workers are great . I get chances to learn new things and different cultures.Most enjoyable part of the job is helping those who can no longer help themselves and bringing happiness to their day.
Fraser health Authority focuses on positive patient outcomes
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 March 2017
Fraser health Authority focuses on positive patient outcomes.

Respiratory therapists work in a team environment where management is supportive and responsive to patient needs.
Pros
comprehensive benefits package
Cons
15 to 20% underpaid compared to comparable professions
Great Place to work!
Licenced Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC; Maple Ridge, BC2 March 2017
Really enjoyed working for Fraser Health Authority (FHA). I started with FHA in 2006 and enjoyed building relationships with the patients and employees.

I would have stayed with the company till retirement but had to relocate to Halifax for personal reasons.

Miss working for FHA often.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Patient to Nurse ratio
Excellent place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC17 February 2017
I moved back to Canada in July 2013 and have had a few contracts since. Hands down FHA is the best place to work that I've been at. Excellent management, clear program and project results. A friendly and helpful group across the board.
Pros
Well structure
Cons
None.
I work well under pressure and thorougly enjoy our residents. I have a good positive attitude and a sense of humor. I am currently in Chilliwack BC
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Bradley Centre, Chilliwack BC10 February 2017
A typical day is washing and dressing the resident. It's during care I inspect for new rashes, new pains and their general demeanor incase it's changed.
Breakfast comes and often we must feed them. We take them to various activities or to our lounge to have coffee and socialize. Before lunch arrives we toilet as needed. After lunch there are usually games in the parlour. Or some choose to nap instead. I've learned a great deal about dementia and we take online tests. (CCRS). I have taken mandatory courses on Violence Prevention, as well as Whimis and Food Safety where I got 100%. Management is very good to us but will not tolerate disrespect or breaking confidences. I enjoy my job and I just love our residents. It's an honor to take care of them
Pros
Feeling good at days end. We work like a team.
Cons
Getting hit by residents especially because their psychotropic meds are cut down or d/c'd
Orientation
RN Home Health Liaison (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC31 January 2017
Very comprehensive orientation plan although some subjects were below my expectation and skill set - more geared to new hires/grads.
good work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 January 2017
I am currently working as an Administrative support worker at Surrey Mental Health. I work 830-430pm Monday to Friday. The job it self is good, the only down side is the pay. I have received my certificate as a nursing unit clerk so I feel that I should be getting paid more.
Pros
Work hours 830-430
Cons
Low pay
An awesome place to work
Hand Hygiene Auditor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2017
FHA is a great company to work for! There are so many job positions available in different departments.

You get to work with lots of friendly people and there's an opportunity to help people everyday.
Good
RN Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 January 2017
Good experience overall working within the team work environment. Excellent Doctors to work with and a dedicated management team in charge of each service.
Working with all the excellent staff and frail patients at BGH is a joy and a privilege
RCA (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 December 2016
Over the last 16 years, my learning curve has gone up steadily, thanks to the many departments, calling on my services. Leaving work behind, is the hardest part of this kind of work.
Overall some places are great
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 November 2016
I enjoy Burnaby hospital much more than Surrey memorial hospital. The staff are much more friendlier and it's very casual. Central city in Surrey can be mixed depending on the boss as its a mix of north, east and south regions during the amalgamation a few years back. However whatever job you do you're expected tp perform and do well. If you don't, other staff members will have to pick up the slack and it makes for a resentful environment. You're expected to learn continuously and not be lazy, be proactive and engaged.
Pros
Free lunches once in a while
Cons
Pay could be better for clerical staff who work hard to support and are the face of fha
So sucks
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 November 2016
The most unprofessional environment I have ever endured. Made the army seemed like geniuses. If you are male give this organization a pass.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Productive and challenging work environment.
Nursing Assistant (RCA) (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 November 2016
Challenging and rewarding experience. The work days are always different. Learned the art of working in a fast-paced, physically and mentally challenging environment. Co-workers are great. You definitely learn to depend on each other in this industry. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping those who can no longer help themselves and bringing happiness to their day.
Productive and love providing care for the elderly.
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 November 2016
I loved providing care for the elderly. They had a lot of stories to tell about the past. For most of them, we were the only people they saw.
Everyone has their own personality and traditions. We were one to one with the clients -- very rarely saw co workers.
Pros
Love talking to the seniors.
Cons
Cannot think of anything at this time.
Too much politics and work overload
Administration/Projects (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 November 2016
work overload. politics. stressful. tough. not really worth all the effort, it depends on your team..pros and cons, but I have seen better work/ life balance out there.
great co workers
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 October 2016
A great place to work with awesome benefits . If you like helping people and are a good team worker this is a great place to work.
Pros
Lots of ot
Cons
Lots of ot
Poor management style; not very sophisticated organization
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 September 2016
Administrative support role. The workload was comparative to doing two jobs anywhere else - with reactionary and scattered priorities. FH is under-funded and people in many areas are doing the work of more than one person; this is not sustainable. Co-workers are very dis-engaged and unhappy. No room for growth and there is a sense of mediocrity. Was told not to make waves, do as I'm told, and not care so much. High turnover is a sign of issues, but management is not interested in addressing this. Benefits are very good and pay is average compared to other public sector environments. Culturally, people work very hard, but are not provided with engagement opportunities. The organization seems very immature in many ways. Not a place for anyone who has worked in more sophisticated or engaged environments.
Pros
Public sector pay and benefits.
Cons
No value or respect for people; poor engagement and mediocre work standards.
Whats it's like
Maternal OR Aide (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 August 2016
A good place to work. They pay a fair wage and the benefits are really good. Long shifts. Co-workers are good people, a diverse group of people. Easy to work with.
Pros
Work with good co workers
Cons
Long commute
Don't waste your time
An outsider looking in (Current Employee) –  B.c.15 August 2016
If you are looking to work for fraser health maintenance. Do yourself a favour and read the true ratings from the employees of Vancouver Coastal health.I wish I would have read the reviews prior to accepting a job.I couldn't believe what was written but now I totally agree with their points of view. ( Vancouver Coastal Health rate your employer )It's sad to say that in this organization you are a name and a number,being treated like little children with no say.The management has no desire to improve employer/employee relations and have a one track vision for maintenance. The only ones loosing out are the medical staffs and patients, sad be cause this is not what I signed up for.The infastruxture where I work is on the verge of massive failure
Pros
Working with medical staff helping patients
Cons
Toxic environment, bulling managers, reactionary management with poor people skills and poor or no maitaince direction.