Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

Phenomenal Opportunity
Senior Project Leader - Facilities Support (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 April 2017
I could not say more positive things in my 25 year career at Fraser Health.

The job provided challenging opportunities that allowed me to grow.

Working under one of the best Health Care Architects in the world, I was able to see tangible outcomes of my efforts to shape Health Care for the better.

In the end, patients were provided better care, better quality of life, and a longer life span than when I started in 1992.
Pros
Excellent opportunities, changing environments, leading edge equipment & software.
Cons
Management disconnect with real world, Older management styles unwilling to changing with times or adapting to new technologies.
Good
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC11 April 2017
Goos love working with these companies Good place to work. Good management, and coworkers feel like home. Looking for internal job postings for future.
Challenging and supportive place to work
Claims & Risk Analyst / Coroners' Liaison (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 March 2017
There is not typical day in the position I held. I managed patient property loss and this entailed speaking with patients, family members and staff. I also managed Fraser Health owned property claims, such as floods and fires. Then I also was the Coroners' liaison dealing with investigations into unanticipated deaths.
The most challenging part of the job was probably speaking with upset patients and/or family members. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping solve various problems.
Pros
Free gym onsite
Cons
on call 24/7
busy and productive
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  BC26 March 2017
The hardest part of the job is working short and patient workload that you sometimes get. It was very hard to get a full time position. I worked as a casual and would get lots of shifts or none in a month, it was either feast or famine. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people
fun work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Westmisnter11 March 2017
Good team work amongs staff. The team leader is very supportive. With regards to scheduling, they are very easy on staff. I don't have a problem with this workplace. Everything is good.
Pros
good Team Leader
Work place is very good .
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 March 2017
I like working with Fraser health. Management and co - workers are great . I get chances to learn new things and different cultures.Most enjoyable part of the job is helping those who can no longer help themselves and bringing happiness to their day.
Fraser health Authority focuses on positive patient outcomes
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 March 2017
Fraser health Authority focuses on positive patient outcomes.

Respiratory therapists work in a team environment where management is supportive and responsive to patient needs.
Pros
comprehensive benefits package
Cons
15 to 20% underpaid compared to comparable professions
Great Place to work!
Licenced Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC; Maple Ridge, BC2 March 2017
Really enjoyed working for Fraser Health Authority (FHA). I started with FHA in 2006 and enjoyed building relationships with the patients and employees.

I would have stayed with the company till retirement but had to relocate to Halifax for personal reasons.

Miss working for FHA often.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Patient to Nurse ratio
Excellent place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC17 February 2017
I moved back to Canada in July 2013 and have had a few contracts since. Hands down FHA is the best place to work that I've been at. Excellent management, clear program and project results. A friendly and helpful group across the board.
Pros
Well structure
Cons
None.
I work well under pressure and thorougly enjoy our residents. I have a good positive attitude and a sense of humor. I am currently in Chilliwack BC
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Bradley Centre, Chilliwack BC10 February 2017
A typical day is washing and dressing the resident. It's during care I inspect for new rashes, new pains and their general demeanor incase it's changed.
Breakfast comes and often we must feed them. We take them to various activities or to our lounge to have coffee and socialize. Before lunch arrives we toilet as needed. After lunch there are usually games in the parlour. Or some choose to nap instead. I've learned a great deal about dementia and we take online tests. (CCRS). I have taken mandatory courses on Violence Prevention, as well as Whimis and Food Safety where I got 100%. Management is very good to us but will not tolerate disrespect or breaking confidences. I enjoy my job and I just love our residents. It's an honor to take care of them
Pros
Feeling good at days end. We work like a team.
Cons
Getting hit by residents especially because their psychotropic meds are cut down or d/c'd

Want to know more about Fraser Health Authority?

Ask a question
Orientation
RN Home Health Liaison (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC31 January 2017
Very comprehensive orientation plan although some subjects were below my expectation and skill set - more geared to new hires/grads.
good work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 January 2017
I am currently working as an Administrative support worker at Surrey Mental Health. I work 830-430pm Monday to Friday. The job it self is good, the only down side is the pay. I have received my certificate as a nursing unit clerk so I feel that I should be getting paid more.
Pros
Work hours 830-430
Cons
Low pay
An awesome place to work
Hand Hygiene Auditor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 January 2017
FHA is a great company to work for! There are so many job positions available in different departments.

You get to work with lots of friendly people and there's an opportunity to help people everyday.
Good
RN Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 January 2017
Good experience overall working within the team work environment. Excellent Doctors to work with and a dedicated management team in charge of each service.
Working with all the excellent staff and frail patients at BGH is a joy and a privilege
RCA (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 December 2016
Over the last 16 years, my learning curve has gone up steadily, thanks to the many departments, calling on my services. Leaving work behind, is the hardest part of this kind of work.
Overall some places are great
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 November 2016
I enjoy Burnaby hospital much more than Surrey memorial hospital. The staff are much more friendlier and it's very casual. Central city in Surrey can be mixed depending on the boss as its a mix of north, east and south regions during the amalgamation a few years back. However whatever job you do you're expected tp perform and do well. If you don't, other staff members will have to pick up the slack and it makes for a resentful environment. You're expected to learn continuously and not be lazy, be proactive and engaged.
Pros
Free lunches once in a while
Cons
Pay could be better for clerical staff who work hard to support and are the face of fha
So sucks
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 November 2016
The most unprofessional environment I have ever endured. Made the army seemed like geniuses. If you are male give this organization a pass.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Productive and challenging work environment.
Nursing Assistant (RCA) (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 November 2016
Challenging and rewarding experience. The work days are always different. Learned the art of working in a fast-paced, physically and mentally challenging environment. Co-workers are great. You definitely learn to depend on each other in this industry. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping those who can no longer help themselves and bringing happiness to their day.
Productive and love providing care for the elderly.
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 November 2016
I loved providing care for the elderly. They had a lot of stories to tell about the past. For most of them, we were the only people they saw.
Everyone has their own personality and traditions. We were one to one with the clients -- very rarely saw co workers.
Pros
Love talking to the seniors.
Cons
Cannot think of anything at this time.
Too much politics and work overload
Administration/Projects (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 November 2016
work overload. politics. stressful. tough. not really worth all the effort, it depends on your team..pros and cons, but I have seen better work/ life balance out there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.