Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Productive and intense
Nursing Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ICU, HAU, Cardiac Unit, Medical14 September 2017
A typical day on the Cardiac ward is intense and busy, that's what I love about it the most.
The Nurses are great to work and I learn something new almost every time I work.

The hardest part of the job is reading the Dr's orders :)
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching a patient go home with a smile on their face, and when family thanks you for helping their loved ones
Flexibilty and growth oppurtunities but pay and benefits are poor
Management (Current Employee) –  Clinical area12 September 2017
As a leader in this organization, the pay is very poor and the health benefits also poor. If you want a good benefit plan do not become a leader in the organization stay within the union.
The new provider of Employee Assistance is also poor. When I requested counselling services for difficulty in my marriage, the service provider suggested to myself wasn't even a registered clinical counsellor (considered the standard in BC ) and specialized in an area not at all correlated with why I was seeking help (trauma).
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor pay and benefits
Management/wages
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 September 2017
FHA values their management more than their employees. Different unions pay different wages for the same type of job. One union paid me $18 where the other union paid me $21 for the same type of work.
good
Registered Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC6 September 2017
I enjoyed working with the team in Mission. The clients were great too. I would work there again if I still lived in the area. Great staff of all disciplines.
Healthcare is crumbliung
Rehab Staff (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 September 2017
Poor pay, good work life balance.
Did not get trained in areas I wanted to be in due to staffing levels.
Patients are horrible and the healthcare system is broken.
People misuse the system and we need to go to a semi-private system.
Worst Management ever!
Inventory and DPC analyst (Former Employee) –  burnaby hospital11 August 2017
The MDR Management group are lacking in the understanding of the role, if you work hard they make you work harder, if you work less you somehow get away with it?
fun, knowledge based, respect
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  acute care16 July 2017
Fraserhealth is growing and well known facility which accommodates a vast and continuously expanding area. it has allowed me to learn over the years and advance my knowledge in the medical field and acquire respect of a senior nurse.

The staff within is like a second family and overall work well together. I am proud to represent Fraserhealth.
Pros
forever growing
Cons
some buidlings do not have air condition for staff and patients
Great company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  FHA16 July 2017
Great company to work for. Good benefits and good patients . paid well and excellent staff as well as education oppournities. I would always work for this company
overall positive
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 July 2017
Overall a nice place to work.
Lots of opportunity for growth and development dependent upon
your ambitions
Great team work and support overall
Have worked my entire nursing career with FH
Provided me with a good living.
Productive and fun place to work
Immunization Clinic Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 June 2017
Love the staff and enjoy working in a clinical setting with infant/parents as patients. I am glad that I could work alongside nurses and other healthcare providers and learn from them.
Medical Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Agassiz, BC13 June 2017
This is a great company to work for, the staff and Dr.'s nurses are great and it's such a nice thing to be able to wake up and wanna go to work. Management is fantastic and as every office is different, learning something new is daily.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Not having a position - only casual
Commitment
Outpatient Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC & New Westminster, BC6 June 2017
Fraser Health demonstrates a committment to patient care on many different levels. Co-workers are always willing to help and learn on a daily basis. Knowing I can help and the appreciation of coworkers is the most enjoyable part of the day.
good
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 May 2017
Very good and fair employer
made me feel valued and training was very accurate
safety was essential
union was strong and all in all a very rewarding job
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC28 April 2017
Great place to work. Enjoy the people there. The flexibility in the schedule works well for my family life, home life, and work life. Enjoy the parking.
Hit and miss
Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC24 April 2017
It's a hit and miss. Sometimes you can have a great working experience here and other times not so great. Like any place, staff members vary from friendly to unfriendly. Not as organized as other health authorities.
Phenomenal Opportunity
Senior Project Leader - Facilities Support (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 April 2017
I could not say more positive things in my 25 year career at Fraser Health.

The job provided challenging opportunities that allowed me to grow.

Working under one of the best Health Care Architects in the world, I was able to see tangible outcomes of my efforts to shape Health Care for the better.

In the end, patients were provided better care, better quality of life, and a longer life span than when I started in 1992.
Pros
Excellent opportunities, changing environments, leading edge equipment & software.
Cons
Management disconnect with real world, Older management styles unwilling to changing with times or adapting to new technologies.
Good
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC11 April 2017
Goos love working with these companies Good place to work. Good management, and coworkers feel like home. Looking for internal job postings for future.
Challenging and supportive place to work
Claims & Risk Analyst / Coroners' Liaison (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 March 2017
There is not typical day in the position I held. I managed patient property loss and this entailed speaking with patients, family members and staff. I also managed Fraser Health owned property claims, such as floods and fires. Then I also was the Coroners' liaison dealing with investigations into unanticipated deaths.
The most challenging part of the job was probably speaking with upset patients and/or family members. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping solve various problems.
Pros
Free gym onsite
Cons
on call 24/7
busy and productive
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  BC26 March 2017
The hardest part of the job is working short and patient workload that you sometimes get. It was very hard to get a full time position. I worked as a casual and would get lots of shifts or none in a month, it was either feast or famine. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people
fun work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Westmisnter11 March 2017
Good team work amongs staff. The team leader is very supportive. With regards to scheduling, they are very easy on staff. I don't have a problem with this workplace. Everything is good.
Pros
good Team Leader

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.