Fraser Health Authority Employee Reviews

Worst Management ever!
Inventory and DPC analyst (Former Employee) –  burnaby hospital11 August 2017
The MDR Management group are lacking in the understanding of the role, if you work hard they make you work harder, if you work less you somehow get away with it?
fun, knowledge based, respect
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  acute care16 July 2017
Fraserhealth is growing and well known facility which accommodates a vast and continuously expanding area. it has allowed me to learn over the years and advance my knowledge in the medical field and acquire respect of a senior nurse.

The staff within is like a second family and overall work well together. I am proud to represent Fraserhealth.
Pros
forever growing
Cons
some buidlings do not have air condition for staff and patients
Great company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  FHA16 July 2017
Great company to work for. Good benefits and good patients . paid well and excellent staff as well as education oppournities. I would always work for this company
overall positive
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 July 2017
Overall a nice place to work.
Lots of opportunity for growth and development dependent upon
your ambitions
Great team work and support overall
Have worked my entire nursing career with FH
Provided me with a good living.
Productive and fun place to work
Immunization Clinic Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 June 2017
Love the staff and enjoy working in a clinical setting with infant/parents as patients. I am glad that I could work alongside nurses and other healthcare providers and learn from them.
Medical Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Agassiz, BC13 June 2017
This is a great company to work for, the staff and Dr.'s nurses are great and it's such a nice thing to be able to wake up and wanna go to work. Management is fantastic and as every office is different, learning something new is daily.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Not having a position - only casual
Commitment
Outpatient Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC & New Westminster, BC6 June 2017
Fraser Health demonstrates a committment to patient care on many different levels. Co-workers are always willing to help and learn on a daily basis. Knowing I can help and the appreciation of coworkers is the most enjoyable part of the day.
good
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 May 2017
Very good and fair employer
made me feel valued and training was very accurate
safety was essential
union was strong and all in all a very rewarding job
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC28 April 2017
Great place to work. Enjoy the people there. The flexibility in the schedule works well for my family life, home life, and work life. Enjoy the parking.
Hit and miss
Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC24 April 2017
It's a hit and miss. Sometimes you can have a great working experience here and other times not so great. Like any place, staff members vary from friendly to unfriendly. Not as organized as other health authorities.

Want to know more about Fraser Health Authority?

Ask a question
Phenomenal Opportunity
Senior Project Leader - Facilities Support (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 April 2017
I could not say more positive things in my 25 year career at Fraser Health.

The job provided challenging opportunities that allowed me to grow.

Working under one of the best Health Care Architects in the world, I was able to see tangible outcomes of my efforts to shape Health Care for the better.

In the end, patients were provided better care, better quality of life, and a longer life span than when I started in 1992.
Pros
Excellent opportunities, changing environments, leading edge equipment & software.
Cons
Management disconnect with real world, Older management styles unwilling to changing with times or adapting to new technologies.
Good
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC11 April 2017
Goos love working with these companies Good place to work. Good management, and coworkers feel like home. Looking for internal job postings for future.
Challenging and supportive place to work
Claims & Risk Analyst / Coroners' Liaison (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 March 2017
There is not typical day in the position I held. I managed patient property loss and this entailed speaking with patients, family members and staff. I also managed Fraser Health owned property claims, such as floods and fires. Then I also was the Coroners' liaison dealing with investigations into unanticipated deaths.
The most challenging part of the job was probably speaking with upset patients and/or family members. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping solve various problems.
Pros
Free gym onsite
Cons
on call 24/7
busy and productive
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  BC26 March 2017
The hardest part of the job is working short and patient workload that you sometimes get. It was very hard to get a full time position. I worked as a casual and would get lots of shifts or none in a month, it was either feast or famine. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people
fun work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Westmisnter11 March 2017
Good team work amongs staff. The team leader is very supportive. With regards to scheduling, they are very easy on staff. I don't have a problem with this workplace. Everything is good.
Pros
good Team Leader
Work place is very good .
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 March 2017
I like working with Fraser health. Management and co - workers are great . I get chances to learn new things and different cultures.Most enjoyable part of the job is helping those who can no longer help themselves and bringing happiness to their day.
Fraser health Authority focuses on positive patient outcomes
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 March 2017
Fraser health Authority focuses on positive patient outcomes.

Respiratory therapists work in a team environment where management is supportive and responsive to patient needs.
Pros
comprehensive benefits package
Cons
15 to 20% underpaid compared to comparable professions
Great Place to work!
Licenced Practical Nurse (LPN) (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC; Maple Ridge, BC2 March 2017
Really enjoyed working for Fraser Health Authority (FHA). I started with FHA in 2006 and enjoyed building relationships with the patients and employees.

I would have stayed with the company till retirement but had to relocate to Halifax for personal reasons.

Miss working for FHA often.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Patient to Nurse ratio
Excellent place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC17 February 2017
I moved back to Canada in July 2013 and have had a few contracts since. Hands down FHA is the best place to work that I've been at. Excellent management, clear program and project results. A friendly and helpful group across the board.
Pros
Well structure
Cons
None.
I work well under pressure and thorougly enjoy our residents. I have a good positive attitude and a sense of humor. I am currently in Chilliwack BC
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Bradley Centre, Chilliwack BC10 February 2017
A typical day is washing and dressing the resident. It's during care I inspect for new rashes, new pains and their general demeanor incase it's changed.
Breakfast comes and often we must feed them. We take them to various activities or to our lounge to have coffee and socialize. Before lunch arrives we toilet as needed. After lunch there are usually games in the parlour. Or some choose to nap instead. I've learned a great deal about dementia and we take online tests. (CCRS). I have taken mandatory courses on Violence Prevention, as well as Whimis and Food Safety where I got 100%. Management is very good to us but will not tolerate disrespect or breaking confidences. I enjoy my job and I just love our residents. It's an honor to take care of them
Pros
Feeling good at days end. We work like a team.
Cons
Getting hit by residents especially because their psychotropic meds are cut down or d/c'd

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fraser Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval