FRASER HEALTH AUTHORITY

FRASER HEALTH AUTHORITY Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: Limited staff
Long eventful hours that are both engaging and full of learning experiences. Management of patients / workloads was appropriate times. Co-workers were professional and very helpful. Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you were able to help patients throughout your day.
Fast paced environment and working with a great team makes this position very enjoyable
Administrative Support Clerk (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Arrived ahead of time to set up the clinic
Check your messages and emails
Answering the phones and transfer to the right department or person
Prepared patient before seeing the doctor by completing paperwork
Rebook patient as per doctor's request
Book any special appointments needed for patients as per Doctor's request
Data entry, mail sorting, making and pulling charts
Booking meetings
Retrieve bloodwork results and file in the right chart
Working with different programs
It was a very interesting job which needs to be done as a team as its a very busy enviroment when you work in a hospital
Hardest part will be when we were short stuff as you have to keep the save level of service to the patients
The best part of the job was to see patients getting better and go on with their lifes after recovery
communications (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: bureaucratic
Good salary, hard working and inspiring people, driven management teams. Challenging work, but good work. You feel good about the company, the people and the projects because they really do their best.
Challenging and rewarding
Employed Student Nurse (Former Employee), Langley, BCDecember 30, 2015
A typical day involved seeing clients in the on site clinic. Staff were tremendously supportive and genuinely cared for my learning as a student nurse.
MOA - Lots of variety in a busy clinic
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 2, 2015
No micromanaging of employees
Supportive in career endeavours
Little behind in inviting other colleges onto their affiliated list
Scheduler (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCNovember 26, 2015
Pros: Great team
Cons: Stressful at times
Enjoy working here. Great people. Very respectable. Team support. Room for movement and opportunity

I would recommend a career with Fraser Health to anyone pursuing a rewarding career in healthcare.

It is about caring for people not about the numbers
Excellent work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 22, 2015
Excellent work place to learn and grow as an employee. Management that is generally concerned and helps with any situation,
Employed Student Nurse
Medical Unit Student Nurse (Former Employee), Delta, BCOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Excellent support for learning
Working for Fraser Health Authority as a student nurse offers many opportunities for learning and testing out the working environment before graduation. They offer support for students in choosing a career path and allow for flexibility with scheduling.
On the whole, FH is a good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 4, 2015
Pros: Large organization.
Cons: Not as organized as they could be overall.
Average salary and working conditions.
Disorganized after their integration with the individual health units.
I would welcome another opportunity to work at FH if they improve upon their organizational operating structure.
Help the elderly play games.
Fraser Health (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 4, 2015
The coordinator is an awsome person. She makes the volunteer work enjoyable. The elderly at the residential home are very sweet and kind.
Great company to work for,,with full benefits
Water sampler (Current Employee), new port village,,Port MoodyJuly 3, 2015
Pros: working independantly
Cons: not enough hours
Excellent company to work for,,always cheerful staff and an amazing boss,,I got hurt transfering a patient in 2006 and was not able to go back to my regular job,,Fraser Health was there for me to find another job with-in the company,,I am now a water sampler tester with the enviromental dept of fraser health working Part time..I love my new position but it doesn't feel my need for more hours..I have been a water sampler since 2008 to present..I will be coming up to my ten year mark with the company..
Could be an extremely toxic environment to work
Office Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: too stressful
I did enjoy the work, but I didn't like the was our clients were sometimes treated by staff and management. Very busy and stressful work environment. Coworkers could be friendly but lots of drama
Intensive Work and Analysis Intensive
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Surrey Central CityApril 2, 2015
Pros: The healthcare business process;
Cons: Not enough documentation about the processes that should be learned.
An excellent knowledgeable team;
Poor technical documentation;
A lot of processes learned by own;
Steep learning curve;
Complex scientific business logic needed;
Great company to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee), SurreyApril 1, 2015
Fraser Health is working to improve the health of the population and the quality of life of the people. Services range from hospital care, to community-based residential, home health, mental health and public health services.
Health Care Assistant
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 24, 2015
Visting client house, bathing, administer medication and inhalers, supositories. Meal preparation for client.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my clients with superior quality of life. My coworker are very nice people.
Awesome Place to Work
Casual Nutrtional Aide (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 28, 2015
A great place to work. Everyone are very helpful. We have a very kind Management. Fast-paced working place we cant even notice the time.
Great salary and benefits but don't become part of management
HR (Former Employee), Fraser ValleyFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
They like to preach work/life balance and if you are unionized, then generally you have that. If you are part of the management team, you will be expected to run off your feet, spend at least 10 hours a day at work, and rarely see your family. They are micro-managers who like to track you as to when you arrive, when you leave, and where you are no matter how good a job you do. There is no trust even though you are working through your lunch and extra hours to get the work done.

Your own team will have backstabbers - you cannot trust anyone and it is mind-boggling. Fraser Health is not a great place to work. If you must, use it as a stepping stone to another heath authority. PHSA, Providence, and even Vancouver Coastal are all better environments.
good place to work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Port Moody, BCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not creative
I learned a lot about institutional cooking as I have worked at 5 Fraser Health Care Facilities in the past 5 years. This has given me extensive knowledge of different equipment and sites.

I enjoyed the challenges of preparing food for various dietary needs.
I particularly like working independently and as part of a team to have meals ready for service hot and on time.
A great job with big responsibilities
Program Clerk (Current Employee), Lower mainland, British ColumbiaDecember 28, 2014
Pros: great teamwork and environment
Cons: not being able to fill my units staffing needs due to zero staff.
A typical day at work would involve editing time cards, looking over staffing baselines to ensure units can function properly for the days to come, work alongside the short call office and charge nurse to problem solve immediate needs, go over all vacancies and set up orientation, process shift swaps, leave requests and pay outs.

The hardest part of my job is sometimes not being able to give my units the baseline they need to function properly.

The most enjoyable part of my job is building the rapport with my staff and working as a team alongside with them, so they can give the best patient care.
Good learning opportunities & pleasant work environment
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 5, 2014
-Ability to work in various clinical areas and gain knowledge from other health care providers
- Opportunity to become involved in projects
- Co workers are pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful
- Supportive management