FRASER HEALTH AUTHORITY

FRASER HEALTH AUTHORITY Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good learning opportunities & pleasant work environment
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 5, 2014
-Ability to work in various clinical areas and gain knowledge from other health care providers
- Opportunity to become involved in projects
- Co workers are pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful
- Supportive management
Great team work and fun group of people.
Electronic Instrument Control Tech (Current Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: i work with a great team of people
Cons: the new management is not easy to work with.
A typical day includes preventative maintenance, and break down repair of Sterile Processing Department's equipment, Fire Alarm, Patient Wandering, Nurse Call and Pneumatic Tube Systems. As well I am typically called on for my knowlegde of this equipment to consult with any upgrades or changes. I find this very exciting and would like this to always – more... be a part of my Job. – less
Medical Health for BC, Canada
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: paid medical and dental
There are 25,000 people who work for Fraser Health in the Lower Mainland of BC, Canada
Management has highly trained individuals
Most enjoyable part of job is helping the public. I worked in Home Health and Mental Health departments
Co-workers were dedicated to their jobs
Liked working there. I quit there as I moved to New York
I enjoy working in the – more... medical field, I am a "people person" and have skills in the medical field – less
rewarding
Community Health Worker (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCSeptember 22, 2014
very rewarding to go home after a day of work knowing that you had made a difference in a persons life.
Great work enviroment, supportive supervisors
Community Health Worker (Former Employee), Abbotsford Valley Home SupportAugust 14, 2014
Looking for admin positing would love a career with fraser health
A great place to learn and grow as a professional.
Registered Nurse - Acute Medicine (Current Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 12, 2014
- Lots of new and exciting opportunities for education and training.
- Friendly and helpful environment.
unionized environment can provide opportunities, stability and advancement
Clerk and Secretary (Current Employee), Lower Mainland Fraser Valley, B.C.August 2, 2014
Pros: great pay, wonderful training programs, can move to various departments and sites
Cons: bumping from position, loosing funds for programs thus jobs
Hospital Clerks typical day:

Medical Secretarial and Clerk

Pull medical charts for patients visit
Scan and Fax reports to other health facilities and programs
Reception at Clinic
Switchboard
Timekeeping
Back up clerk for overload work
Database entry of patient information and health care coverage
Schedule and book appointments
Organize meetings and – more... take minutes
Mail – less
Excellent place to work
Administrative Support Clerk, Casual (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCJuly 23, 2014
An excellent place to work. Excellent co-workers and fun days.
Productive/fun work experience
Minor Test Shopper (MTS) (Current Employee), Delta, BCJune 28, 2014
Pros: good wages, fun work environment
Cons: not a lot of shifts
A typical day at work is a lot of travel and talking. I learned how to pay attention to details more, how to stay positive in a workplace, and how to talk to all types of people. My co-workers are very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a sale but the hardest part is the write-up that comes afterwards.
Teamwork oriented
❸ Supervises designated staff (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCJune 7, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: not enough windows
Friendly staff in the office. Most of them are very approachable
Supervising and ordering all disposable items for inventory
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), Langley, B. C.May 17, 2014
I was responsible for setting quota and ordering inventory as well as supervising staff
Good Benefits, good team
Administrative (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCApril 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: little flexibility
I enjoy working with a team of friendly, hard working individuals.

The job is hectic and is never complete.

Management could be more flexible to create a more positive and equal working relationship

I enjoy the challenge and a feeling of success when I make difficult decisions.
Good Company
Lead Hand/Patient Financial Counsellor (Current Employee), BCApril 25, 2014
Pros: government
Cons: no room for advancement/ no reconition
Fraser Health is a great company to work for but the room for advancement is limited. Managing a staff of 6 employees gives me the opportunity to interact with the employees and motivate them to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Challenges are there in all jobs yet I find it makes my job more interesting to accomplish all tasks making any – more... improvements for the department. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help those around me and the interactions that I encounter daily whether by phone or in person. Management styles are different in all organizations and it is something you adjust to from one organization to another. – less
Work friendly place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work in Surrey, Friendly staff, always helpful when I have questions.
learning to be patient in a fast paced environment
Care Aide but am looking for Cashier job (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: job security and hours being all over the place
I start work early around 7 am, beginning with bathes and showers, giving medications and personal care. Make some breakfasts for some clients, and spend some time chatting and visiting to make them feel comfortable.
I often learned things about their upbringing, working with those as old as 102 and as young as 40's and learned everyone has a story.
I – more... had to take my orders from management in a direct way and learn to listen carefully.
Working one on one with other workers was very important as we relied on each other to work as a team so things ran smoothly for the client. We learned to finish off what the others left for us and to be constant so were efficient.
Watching people lose their loved ones, especially the spouses and children but it was worthwhile to know you'd made a good difference in caring for their loved one.
Meeting new people and learning about their lives when they were young and what they contributed to our country. – less
A great place to work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: workin with different people each day
Cons: evening/ night/ weekend shifts
Great co-workers and management.
A typical day at work involves all nursing duties including dealing with patients and families.
The hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with dying pt. and their families afterwards.
Looked forward to going to work, good group
Manager IM Service Effectiveness (Current Employee), SurreyAugust 23, 2013
Pros: good department group
Cons: information management culture not good
Fraser Health is a good place to work, however as with most public sector, lots of improvement required that is very costly and there are not enough funds or appetite to improve.
Collaborative and exciting work environment
Video Producer (Former Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 12, 2013
Excellent communication throughout the project. Flexible working conditions and a supportive team
Good organziation; many educational opportunities;
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCAugust 11, 2013
Large regional health authority. Many opportunities for education; work; supportive re life balance; great co-workers;
Most enjoyable part of my job is when I see that I have made a positive difference in people's lives.
Lucky to be employeed with Fraser Health.
Staffing Clerk / Program Clerk (Current Employee), Royal Columbian Hospital, New WestminsterJuly 9, 2013
I am currently still very new to Fraser Health, but my experience so far has been great. I have dealt with great people, and had amazing co-workers who have help me learn something new every day. Every day can be a struggle with trying to grasp onto the large quanities of work there is to remember, but the support is always helpful and makes each day – more... coming to work enjoyable. – less

About FRASER HEALTH AUTHORITY

Fraser Health provides health care to 1.5 million people in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, BC. Services range from acute – Read more