FRASER HEALTH AUTHORITY

FRASER HEALTH AUTHORITY Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee), SurreyApril 1, 2015
Fraser Health is working to improve the health of the population and the quality of life of the people. Services range from hospital care, to community-based residential, home health, mental health and public health services.
Health Care Assistant
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 24, 2015
Visting client house, bathing, administer medication and inhalers, supositories. Meal preparation for client.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my clients with superior quality of life. My coworker are very nice people.
Awesome Place to Work
Casual Nutrtional Aide (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 28, 2015
A great place to work. Everyone are very helpful. We have a very kind Management. Fast-paced working place we cant even notice the time.
Great salary and benefits but don't become part of management
HR (Former Employee), Fraser ValleyFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
They like to preach work/life balance and if you are unionized, then generally you have that. If you are part of the management team, you will be expected to run off your feet, spend at least 10 hours a day at work, and rarely see your family. They are micro-managers who like to track you as to when you arrive, when you leave, and where you are no matter how good a job you do. There is no trust even though you are working through your lunch and extra hours to get the work done.

Your own team will have backstabbers - you cannot trust anyone and it is mind-boggling. Fraser Health is not a great place to work. If you must, use it as a stepping stone to another heath authority. PHSA, Providence, and even Vancouver Coastal are all better environments.
good place to work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Port Moody, BCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not creative
I learned a lot about institutional cooking as I have worked at 5 Fraser Health Care Facilities in the past 5 years. This has given me extensive knowledge of different equipment and sites.

I enjoyed the challenges of preparing food for various dietary needs.
I particularly like working independently and as part of a team to have meals ready for service hot and on time.
A great job with big responsibilities
Program Clerk (Current Employee), Lower mainland, British ColumbiaDecember 28, 2014
Pros: great teamwork and environment
Cons: not being able to fill my units staffing needs due to zero staff.
A typical day at work would involve editing time cards, looking over staffing baselines to ensure units can function properly for the days to come, work alongside the short call office and charge nurse to problem solve immediate needs, go over all vacancies and set up orientation, process shift swaps, leave requests and pay outs.

The hardest part of my job is sometimes not being able to give my units the baseline they need to function properly.

The most enjoyable part of my job is building the rapport with my staff and working as a team alongside with them, so they can give the best patient care.
Good learning opportunities & pleasant work environment
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 5, 2014
-Ability to work in various clinical areas and gain knowledge from other health care providers
- Opportunity to become involved in projects
- Co workers are pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful
- Supportive management
Great team work and fun group of people.
Electronic Instrument Control Tech (Current Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: i work with a great team of people
Cons: the new management is not easy to work with.
A typical day includes preventative maintenance, and break down repair of Sterile Processing Department's equipment, Fire Alarm, Patient Wandering, Nurse Call and Pneumatic Tube Systems. As well I am typically called on for my knowlegde of this equipment to consult with any upgrades or changes. I find this very exciting and would like this to always be a part of my Job.
Medical Health for BC, Canada
Medical Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: paid medical and dental
There are 25,000 people who work for Fraser Health in the Lower Mainland of BC, Canada
Management has highly trained individuals
Most enjoyable part of job is helping the public. I worked in Home Health and Mental Health departments
Co-workers were dedicated to their jobs
Liked working there. I quit there as I moved to New York
I enjoy working in the medical field, I am a "people person" and have skills in the medical field
rewarding
Community Health Worker (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCSeptember 22, 2014
very rewarding to go home after a day of work knowing that you had made a difference in a persons life.
Great work enviroment, supportive supervisors
Community Health Worker (Former Employee), Abbotsford Valley Home SupportAugust 14, 2014
Looking for admin positing would love a career with fraser health
A great place to learn and grow as a professional.
Registered Nurse - Acute Medicine (Current Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 12, 2014
- Lots of new and exciting opportunities for education and training.
- Friendly and helpful environment.
unionized environment can provide opportunities, stability and advancement
Clerk and Secretary (Current Employee), Lower Mainland Fraser Valley, B.C.August 2, 2014
Pros: great pay, wonderful training programs, can move to various departments and sites
Cons: bumping from position, loosing funds for programs thus jobs
Hospital Clerks typical day:

Medical Secretarial and Clerk

Pull medical charts for patients visit
Scan and Fax reports to other health facilities and programs
Reception at Clinic
Switchboard
Timekeeping
Back up clerk for overload work
Database entry of patient information and health care coverage
Schedule and book appointments
Organize meetings and take minutes
Mail
Excellent place to work
Administrative Support Clerk, Casual (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCJuly 23, 2014
An excellent place to work. Excellent co-workers and fun days.
Productive/fun work experience
Minor Test Shopper (MTS) (Current Employee), Delta, BCJune 28, 2014
Pros: good wages, fun work environment
Cons: not a lot of shifts
A typical day at work is a lot of travel and talking. I learned how to pay attention to details more, how to stay positive in a workplace, and how to talk to all types of people. My co-workers are very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a sale but the hardest part is the write-up that comes afterwards.
Teamwork oriented
❸ Supervises designated staff (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCJune 7, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: not enough windows
Friendly staff in the office. Most of them are very approachable
Supervising and ordering all disposable items for inventory
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), Langley, B. C.May 17, 2014
I was responsible for setting quota and ordering inventory as well as supervising staff
Good Benefits, good team
Administrative (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCApril 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: little flexibility
I enjoy working with a team of friendly, hard working individuals.

The job is hectic and is never complete.

Management could be more flexible to create a more positive and equal working relationship

I enjoy the challenge and a feeling of success when I make difficult decisions.
Good Company
Lead Hand/Patient Financial Counsellor (Current Employee), BCApril 25, 2014
Pros: government
Cons: no room for advancement/ no reconition
Fraser Health is a great company to work for but the room for advancement is limited. Managing a staff of 6 employees gives me the opportunity to interact with the employees and motivate them to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Challenges are there in all jobs yet I find it makes my job more interesting to accomplish all tasks making any improvements for the department. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help those around me and the interactions that I encounter daily whether by phone or in person. Management styles are different in all organizations and it is something you adjust to from one organization to another.
Comfortable, professional work environment
Child Life Specialist (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCApril 6, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment and union support
Cons: not enough of my particular positions
Typical day involves connecting with the team, updating on patient needs, coordinating volunteers, supporting patients and families, working on resources, managing supplies & donations

Each day I learn about procedures, experiences, needs, symptoms, the best way to serve each patient and their family.

Co workers are supportive, professional, keep me involved and informed

Hardest part, not being able to see every patient, every day

Most enjoyable...my entire job that I am able to do in day

About FRASER HEALTH AUTHORITY

Fraser Health provides health care to 1.5 million people in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, BC. Services range from acute – Read more