Franz Environmental Inc. is an environmental and engineering consulting firm. Our Head Office in Mississauga is currently recruiting for the position of Bookkeeper.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Creating a high volume of invoices to clients on a monthly basis (by liaising with various project managers at our locations across Canada)
- Reviewing and interpreting contract terms entered into by project managers with clients
- Reviewing project details for accuracy and completeness, including timesheets of consultants, sub-contractor bills, employee expense reports, etc.
- Ensuring billings do not exceed approved budget limits and working with project managers to resolve any overages
- Ensuring accurate recovery of all project-related costs as defined in the contracts and ensuring non-billable costs are minimized
- Providing project status updates, and other necessary financial accounting reports as needed to project managers
- Providing various other accounting support work to accounting team as needed, including reconciliations, summaries, and journal entries
- 3 – 5 years experience in a similar position within the consulting industry or similar (time and expense billing);
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong organizational, time management, and priority setting skills in order to meet monthly deadlines;
- Strong administrative and problem-solving skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Quickbooks Enterprise;
- Strong working knowledge of Quickbooks, MS Excel and Word;
- Degree, Diploma or related certificate in Accounting/Business;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, French would also be considered an asset; and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Please submit a cover letter and resume, including salary expectations.
Please quote “Bookkeeper 0814” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for your interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Indeed - 6 months ago