Franklin Templeton Investments

Franklin Templeton Investments Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and a fun place to work -- management is supportive
Associate (Former Employee), San Mateo, CASeptember 5, 2012
Pros: great benefits!!!
Cons: no complaints
Was laid off in November 2001...have been trying to apply for other positions in the company with no success. Would like to work there again if I could. Great people and terrific benefits!!!
Just to short a contract. Good place to work though.
technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FlSeptember 5, 2012
Good place to work. To short a contract. The staffing was for a short period of time.
Putting clients first, Achieving Productive and qualitative results and working with integrity and build relations
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), HyderabadAugust 21, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: lack of motivation from management
-One critical day – one month end day my supervisor is on leave due to personal emergency and my manager was working from home. As a specialist I am responsible for 13 associates to monitor and. Expected deliverables Include break timings and hourly productivity. I have successfully handling the situation for the month end close. I got appreciations – more... form the management.
-Learned about people management and how the maintain motivation relationship with each team member.
-Co-workers are very supportive as I treated them in a very motivate way, I create the situation where every associate feels their owner ship on deliverables
-Control on personal emotions and resolving the internal issues
-Working working as (I worship my work, and respect other work) – less
Always a new learning
Senior associate (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 17, 2012
Plenty of opportunities to explore and learn new process.
Always work as team and help the new joiness with their work.
Fast paced and diverse with great people
Associate Project Manager (18 mnth contract) (Current Employee), EdinburghAugust 15, 2012
A busy environment with plenty scope for personal development. Great team players and a friendly place to work.
Do not recommend
Program Manager (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJuly 28, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: inconstant
Worked there a short time. Dysfunctional management. No Constancy in direction.
Analyst
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 26, 2012
Actively manages Client Commission Arrangement (CCA) Program for all Global Portfolio Groups within Franklin Templeton Investments.
It's good and flexibility
Accounts payable associate level-2 (Former Employee), Hyderabad APJuly 16, 2012
Pros: it's good and flexibility
Cons: 9hrs
It's good and flexibility. There is a good management at Franklin templeton.
Disciplined company
Product Research Analyst (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJuly 5, 2012
I admired company's disciplined and conservative approach to their business.
Excellent Culture
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), HyderabadJune 29, 2012
Working in Franklin Templeton will make you feel like working in heaven. Excellent training planner for any new joinees etc.
A great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 13, 2012
everyone is a team player if you need help people are willing to help
Good Place to Work, Bad Place to get another job from
Senior Business Analyst/PMO Test Lead (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 4, 2012
Pros: good corporate culture, family and employee friendly, cafeteria, decent benefits, rec room.
Cons: mature company in mature industry, not to much opportunity for advancement
FT is a double edged sword. I worked there for 9 years until the staff cuts in 2009. The culture is good with a lot of consideration for families, the overall work environment and corporate culture are tops. I found the work interesting as there was a lot of room for process and systems upgrades and projects.

But it is a mature company in a mature – more... industry.

The bad side is that there is little opportunity for advancement. In 9 years I saw only 1 promotion within my department that was not given to an existing manager. And we were a PMO, guiding projects, automation, improvements and cost savings.

The Senior Management is very hands off. Corporate announcements are distributed via email or posted to the IntraNet. While I met with my management biweekly, there were still surprises unveiled at performance reviews. This is not good proactive management. You will have to actively manage your career as it is doubtful your manager will assist you.

There is also little in the way of salary increases unless you are in Portfolio Management. Their method is to give small annual increases (if any) of 2-4% but an annual bonus of 5-15%. So you total annual compensation goes up slowly.

They also devalued employee comp since by raising prices on health benefits and discontinuing stock plan matches.

It is also a dead end technologically. They use a lot of Legacy Systems that have NO application anywhere else. This means that your experience is necessarily meaningful when looking for your next position. – less

June 16, 2013

I was there between 1997 - 2001 and what I have been reading lately - I guess nothing has changed at FT. Agreed - company culture is pretty good, but the systems you learn from this organization is very outdated.

Fun culture near downtown Fort Lauderdale
Mutual Fund Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 9, 2012
Pros: great gym, great location, young atmosphere, good starter job
Cons: poor training, sending many jobs to india/oversees, unprofessional management
Tends to be a young culture with good work/life balance. Has offices near downtown Tampa and Fort Lauderdale, so happy hour after work allows to get to know coworkers outside of professional environment.
Great Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 11, 2012
Great company and great people! They have great benefits. They are a very conservative company and stick to their core values.
excellent
Compliance - Customer Service (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAApril 3, 2012
Pros: yearly bonus
Cons: yearly raise is ok
Franklin Templeton is a good company to work for. It has good benefits and is a good place to start a career.
Investments
Sales Support (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAMarch 27, 2012
I got experience at the corporate level. Dealing directly with clients, attending department meetings and worked within a small team.
Professional and innovative organisation
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Global TA PMO, EdinburghMarch 20, 2012
I had a great time working as a contractor at Franklin Templeton on a program to replace the core Transfer Agency system.
Good for new grads looking for mutual fund experience.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 20, 2012
Pros: work life balance
Cons: compensation
Would recommend for recent college grads looking for experience in mutual funds. A lot of recent grads in entry level positions.
Good Pay, very corporate, very conservative
Senior Print and Paper Buyer (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAMarch 19, 2012
Pros: good benefits, salary
Cons: bad management, culture
It really depends on who your manager is. The job is like any corporate job. Great benefits, good facilities. The management staff can be challenging. They waste a lot of money on unnecessary expense because they don;t like to listen to "new" folks w/ experience. Better to do things the old way.
Franklin Templeton Investments: Think Globally, Work Locally
Associate Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAMarch 4, 2011
Pros: smart co-workers, great benefits, beautiful campus, learn about money
Cons: little upward mobility
Franklin Templeton is a global investment management company. It is a very successful "start-up" in the sense that the family who founded the company still runs it.

Franklin has the highest regard for its employees with blue chip benefits and environment. It is a serious corporate workplace. Franklin practices financial management with integrity and – more... respect for their investors. The San Mateo campus has 4 buildings and about 800 employees; another large campus is located in Rancho Cordova, north of Sacramento.

I highly recommend working for Franklin. It's a smart company and anyone working there is a skilled professional. – less

About Franklin Templeton Investments

Franklin Resources believes a penny saved is a penny lost -- if it's not wisely invested. Operating as Franklin Templeton Investments, – Read more