Franklin Templeton Investments

Franklin Templeton Investments Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to Begin a career
TA Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2014
Cons: limited advancement opportunities at st. petersburg location
This place definitely has a "Large Family Feel". The management staff completely puts the developing the associates at the top of their list.
Processing the investor details
Process Associate (Current Employee), HyderabadOctober 7, 2014
Pros: contract emplyee
Cons: long hours
Processing the investor details as per invesor request,we will the update the investor information wat ever he has provided in the application.
Great Management
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2014
Wonderul place to work and all co-works are great to work with, hardest part of job is my drive, its located downtown Los Angeles.
Looking for Immediate Opening as Assistant manager / Manager Positions
Assistant Manager - Investment Management Services (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 7, 2014
Investment banking, Team management, Process Improvement, Trade Settlements, Retail Fund Reconciliation, Institutional Onboarding
work culture is good
Process Associate (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 2, 2014
good company to work,co-workers are supportive in work, we can enjoy the work culture.
Good place to work at.
Assistant Manager - Operations (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 13, 2014
Pros: food pass
Cons: no
Very good company with good scope to develop yourself.
Day starts with checking emails and looking for any issues that have come across.
Got good knowledge about mutual funds and MS office.
Franklin Templeton is a very professional envorinment to work with and at the same time fun at work.
Associate (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 28, 2014
Any Individual can make choose to make his career with Franklin Templeton. The Company has a wonderful campus with world class equipments and maintains high level standards at all levels.
Work life balance and good domain exposure
Informatica Consultant (Current Employee), John Adam Street, London, WC2N 6HTJuly 15, 2014
Good company to work with
Work life balance
Appreciated Salary
Fun at work
Great Company!
Senior Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 26, 2014
Franklin Templeton is a great company!

I am proud of what I accomplished at this company in the almost 2 years I worked here.

Remote access enabled me to work from locations all over the world and allowed me to get to know my team and how they where best motivated to reach our objectives. My team was globally located which was a pro when it came to – more... installs, testing, and release of the systems we rolled out to the globally located end users.

Process are well defined and mentors are available for questions when you begin. This allowed me to easily train new sub-project PM's when hired.

Work / Life balance is well supported. – less
Productive and fun
Supervisor (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: esip
Cons: mistrust
challenging but learning
effective management skills
strong, visionary
excellent
consistent partnership
team
Enterprising and Ingenious workplace
Strategic Business Consultant (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 13, 2014
A prominent part of my work is to understand external and internal factors that shape various lines of businesses to make strategic and tactical choices.
The Franklin Templeton Investments (FT) strategy function is a small team that is brilliant at work and has mutual respect for each other. The team is led by an extremely intelligent, modest and resourceful – more... person which makes the journey an educative and gratifying experience.
The most enjoyable and hardest part of the job is the pressing need to bring simplicity in an apparently complex environment. This is a cultural aspect at FT that is driven top down. – less
High risk and very active day to day activity
Corporate Action Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2014
In Corporate Actions a typical day consist of researching and soliciting market events that will affect the underlying security of a shareholder. During my time as a Corporate Action analyst I have significantly improved my Microsoft Excel skill. I have also learned how to work with internal and external trading platforms. Finally my general knowledge – more... of the macro market environment has increased. The management team I work with is very loyal and dedicated to improving the department with which they work in. My co-workers and myself work in a team oriented environment. Someone is always willing to give another co-worker a helping hand at anytime. The hardest part of the job is the volume of work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that all the events that we receive are current in the market. It is very fulfilling to open up an event and do all the necessary work to ensure that the right steps and proper procedures are taken. – less
Micromanagement due to the industry and corporate culture
Call Center (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: great training
Cons: micromanagement
The job had a lot of good challenges when working with callers, things like problem solving and research. The micromanagement due to being in the financial industry was terrible for morale. The intense disciplining they displayed over the smallest mistake made it really challenging to be human and do your job - micromanaging at it's worst.
There is – more... a lot of opportunity to learn about the financial industry and overall the training is great. The pay was average, and the benefits were great. If you are a hard worker you can do well, and learn a lot. – less
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Warszawa, MZMay 27, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, company culture
Cons: poor opportunity for advancement
Nice, helpful co-workers. Downside: no opportunity to advance or even move to another location within the company
Nice environment but beware of job security
Marketing, Communications and Content Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 16, 2014
Pros: free coffee and tea, great cafe and gym on premises, decent pay and great benefits
Cons: very litlle job security, no contact with upper management
I worked at Franklin Templeton as a contractor for a year and a half.
As a contractor you are not involved in most company meetings, obviously can not share in the benefits and are kept out of the culture loop. Upper management must watch the bottom line since they are a finance company and are publicly traded so many people come and go depending on – more... the budget. – less
The Ivy League Hangout
Administrative Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAMay 16, 2014
Pros: great ace
This company is very by the book with their approach to everything, and they will not give you the time of day unless you can drop names or make their high demands in production.
Renowned company
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Tampa FlMay 7, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: short breaks, long commute
Fast Pace learning experience. Excellent training. Hands on Management. Professional co-workers.
Renowned company
Senior Associate (Former Employee), Tampa FlMay 7, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: short breaks, long commute
Sr. Network Engineer
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 30, 2014
It was a nice experience.
Good place run by conservative values and principles, gives you good feel
Senior analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, A.PApril 23, 2014
Pros: conservative culture promotes good ethics, campus is excellent
Cons: average pay for majority, does not promote culture of excellence
One of the best places for a relaxed out person wanting to do his job and get out of the place everyday, without too much stress and good environment. Also an excellent place for star performers - the mediocre guys around you automatically push you up the ladder ;)

1. Pay is not so high, but you can live with it (yes, contrary to common belief, pay – more... is above market standard for many teams and slightly below market for few)
2. Campus in Hyderabad is too good. Some might think that's not important, but once you stay there, you realize it is. One of the best campuses - a walk around the place and you return chilled out.
3. Don't complain about management - they simply reward performers (and may be 1 or 2 sidekicks :P ) in my experience. Stand out in the crowd, and you will definitely succeed here.
4. I've seen people from here get very good opportunities in other firms. FT commands respect.
5. Food is of average taste and quality, but at least the cafe is a place you can happily hangout at.
6. Your experience might really depend on your team, but in general, colleagues are good.
7. Cab service is okay - you get home pickup and drop.
8. All the extra benefits insurance, blah blah blah
9. HR processes are really slow. they take 2 - 3 weeks to do whatever can be done in 1 - 2 minutes.

Sure, there are few dull individuals there, and few things messed up, but this is one of the places where you can really stay for life (if that's the thing you are into). – less

About Franklin Templeton Investments

Franklin Resources believes a penny saved is a penny lost -- if it's not wisely invested. Operating as Franklin Templeton Investments, – Read more