Franklin Templeton Investments

Franklin Templeton Investments Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Associate L-1 (Former Employee), HyderabadNovember 6, 2014
Pros: mangement
Cons: long hours
Great company to work with but there is no personal growth in Franklin Templeton.
Wonderful people to work with
Legal Transfer/Correspondence Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: great people, good job options
Cons: work-flow changes, can be stressful
I loved working at Franklin Templeton Investments truly because of the wonderful people who were employed there. The work was challenging, time constraints could be stressful, and workflow was ever-changing, but I enjoyed going everyday because I just really appreciated the environment that the employees created
Sr.Portfolio Administrator (Current Employee), hyderabadNovember 2, 2014
Pros: every thing
Good place to work with Especially for Freshers.
Lot to learn. Good management
Productive and Knowledge Sharing
Investment Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APOctober 28, 2014
Pros: more opportunity to coordinate with line of business
Cons: long hours during few stages due to the short staff
I would really appriciate about my co-workers in this MNC who have been my motivators and mentors during my critical training sessions and Go-Live phase.

They really helped me to understand the process completely and gave me an opportunity to do the process improvements where ever required.
We have Team Lunch, Customer Service Week (cookout and movie day), Bake Sale Competition and Ice Cream day, etc.,
TA Customer Operations Processing Associate (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: we would have year end bonus and it depends on the stock market performance
Cons: strictly no personal cell phone is allowed to turn on during office hours
* I am always busy from start to finish on a typical day. If required to work on a Saturday due to heavy work load, I would volunteer to help out.
* I have learned so much - from Payments processing (money coming in), e-contributions processing (Employer and Employee contributions to their 403b from Schools, Church, Hospitals and companies), 529 processing (New Jersey Best), New Accounts processing, Money Fund processing, Remittance Processing (all checks encoded for deposits to our Franklin Templeton Bank), Death processing (death values, distributions, liquidations, exchanges, etc.,). I processed Tax forms (W-9 and W-8BEN). I am a multi-functional processor with multiple skills.
* Our Management consisted of managers, supervisors, analysts, training co-ordinators, compliance analyst, quality analysts, administrator and a director. They all help out with the procedures and policies update, quality review and assist in the training.
* My co-workers are friendly and we all assist each other because we all have different skills level when comes to processing. The correspondence team might come over to my desk to ask me questions pertaining to the transactions (how should she put in the letter) and my former co-workers might come over to ask questions on Tax Forms (how to handle this). Sometimes, our Customer Service associates would mock me to ask me questions pertaining to the stock broker asking him/her questions and they are not sure how to respond. When comes to privacy and confidential information, I would say no, please do not disclose any information to the attorney after – more... I review the case notes whether he/she is entitled to the information (would depends on what paperwork we receive).
* The hardest part of my job is dealing with Deaths (Death Values, Divorce papers (who is entitled to the assets), Estate, Court papers, Letter of Testamentary, etc.,), both shareholder (husband and wife) died around the same time (determine the time and date of who died first and who died second - determine who are getting the assets).
* The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have been with the company for over 17 years (my longest job history that I have with the same employer), all the benefits that was given over the years with Sir John Templeton when he was still alive (originator of Franklin Templeton Investments who passed away more than five years ago in Bahamas), and we all remember the most memorable time with John Templeton. – less
Structured
Transfer Agent, Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 14, 2014
A typical work day is very structured. Clock in, log in to the phone, take customer calls all day.

A multitude of company and business policies to learn and adhere to on a daily basis. Co-workers are friendly. Management is a pleasure to work for.

The hardest part of the work day is being on the phone all day. The most enjoyable part of the day is solving problems.
Great Place to Begin a career
TA Associate (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2014
Cons: limited advancement opportunities at st. petersburg location
This place definitely has a "Large Family Feel". The management staff completely puts the developing the associates at the top of their list.
Processing the investor details
Process Associate (Current Employee), HyderabadOctober 7, 2014
Pros: contract emplyee
Cons: long hours
Processing the investor details as per invesor request,we will the update the investor information wat ever he has provided in the application.
Great Management
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2014
Wonderul place to work and all co-works are great to work with, hardest part of job is my drive, its located downtown Los Angeles.
Looking for Immediate Opening as Assistant manager / Manager Positions
Assistant Manager - Investment Management Services (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 7, 2014
Investment banking, Team management, Process Improvement, Trade Settlements, Retail Fund Reconciliation, Institutional Onboarding
work culture is good
Process Associate (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APSeptember 2, 2014
good company to work,co-workers are supportive in work, we can enjoy the work culture.
Good place to work at.
Assistant Manager - Operations (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 13, 2014
Pros: food pass
Cons: no
Very good company with good scope to develop yourself.
Day starts with checking emails and looking for any issues that have come across.
Got good knowledge about mutual funds and MS office.
Franklin Templeton is a very professional envorinment to work with and at the same time fun at work.
Associate (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJuly 28, 2014
Any Individual can make choose to make his career with Franklin Templeton. The Company has a wonderful campus with world class equipments and maintains high level standards at all levels.
Work life balance and good domain exposure
Informatica Consultant (Current Employee), John Adam Street, London, WC2N 6HTJuly 15, 2014
Good company to work with
Work life balance
Appreciated Salary
Fun at work
Great Company!
Senior Technical Project Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 26, 2014
Franklin Templeton is a great company!

I am proud of what I accomplished at this company in the almost 2 years I worked here.

Remote access enabled me to work from locations all over the world and allowed me to get to know my team and how they where best motivated to reach our objectives. My team was globally located which was a pro when it came to installs, testing, and release of the systems we rolled out to the globally located end users.

Process are well defined and mentors are available for questions when you begin. This allowed me to easily train new sub-project PM's when hired.

Work / Life balance is well supported.
Productive and fun
Supervisor (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: esip
Cons: mistrust
challenging but learning
effective management skills
strong, visionary
excellent
consistent partnership
team
Enterprising and Ingenious workplace
Strategic Business Consultant (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APJune 13, 2014
A prominent part of my work is to understand external and internal factors that shape various lines of businesses to make strategic and tactical choices.
The Franklin Templeton Investments (FT) strategy function is a small team that is brilliant at work and has mutual respect for each other. The team is led by an extremely intelligent, modest and resourceful person which makes the journey an educative and gratifying experience.
The most enjoyable and hardest part of the job is the pressing need to bring simplicity in an apparently complex environment. This is a cultural aspect at FT that is driven top down.
High risk and very active day to day activity
Corporate Action Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2014
In Corporate Actions a typical day consist of researching and soliciting market events that will affect the underlying security of a shareholder. During my time as a Corporate Action analyst I have significantly improved my Microsoft Excel skill. I have also learned how to work with internal and external trading platforms. Finally my general knowledge of the macro market environment has increased. The management team I work with is very loyal and dedicated to improving the department with which they work in. My co-workers and myself work in a team oriented environment. Someone is always willing to give another co-worker a helping hand at anytime. The hardest part of the job is the volume of work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that all the events that we receive are current in the market. It is very fulfilling to open up an event and do all the necessary work to ensure that the right steps and proper procedures are taken.
Micromanagement due to the industry and corporate culture
Call Center (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMay 29, 2014
Pros: great training
Cons: micromanagement
The job had a lot of good challenges when working with callers, things like problem solving and research. The micromanagement due to being in the financial industry was terrible for morale. The intense disciplining they displayed over the smallest mistake made it really challenging to be human and do your job - micromanaging at it's worst.
There is a lot of opportunity to learn about the financial industry and overall the training is great. The pay was average, and the benefits were great. If you are a hard worker you can do well, and learn a lot.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Warszawa, MZMay 27, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, company culture
Cons: poor opportunity for advancement
Nice, helpful co-workers. Downside: no opportunity to advance or even move to another location within the company

About Franklin Templeton Investments

Franklin Resources believes a penny saved is a penny lost -- if it's not wisely invested. Operating as Franklin Templeton Investments, – Read more