We have Team Lunch, Customer Service Week (cookout and movie day), Bake Sale Competition and Ice Cream day, etc.,
Pros: we would have year end bonus and it depends on the stock market performance
Cons: strictly no personal cell phone is allowed to turn on during office hours
* I am always busy from start to finish on a typical day. If required to work on a Saturday due to heavy work load, I would volunteer to help out.
* I have learned so much - from Payments processing (money coming in), e-contributions processing (Employer and Employee contributions to their 403b from Schools, Church, Hospitals and companies), 529 processing – more... (New Jersey Best), New Accounts processing, Money Fund processing, Remittance Processing (all checks encoded for deposits to our Franklin Templeton Bank), Death processing (death values, distributions, liquidations, exchanges, etc.,). I processed Tax forms (W-9 and W-8BEN). I am a multi-functional processor with multiple skills.
* Our Management consisted of managers, supervisors, analysts, training co-ordinators, compliance analyst, quality analysts, administrator and a director. They all help out with the procedures and policies update, quality review and assist in the training.
* My co-workers are friendly and we all assist each other because we all have different skills level when comes to processing. The correspondence team might come over to my desk to ask me questions pertaining to the transactions (how should she put in the letter) and my former co-workers might come over to ask questions on Tax Forms (how to handle this). Sometimes, our Customer Service associates would mock me to ask me questions pertaining to the stock broker asking him/her questions and they are not sure how to respond. When comes to privacy and confidential information, I would say no, please do not disclose any information to the attorney after I review the case notes whether he/she is entitled to the information (would depends on what paperwork we receive).
* The hardest part of my job is dealing with Deaths (Death Values, Divorce papers (who is entitled to the assets), Estate, Court papers, Letter of Testamentary, etc.,), both shareholder (husband and wife) died around the same time (determine the time and date of who died first and who died second - determine who are getting the assets).
* The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have been with the company for over 17 years (my longest job history that I have with the same employer), all the benefits that was given over the years with Sir John Templeton when he was still alive (originator of Franklin Templeton Investments who passed away more than five years ago in Bahamas), and we all remember the most memorable time with John Templeton. – less