Franklin Electric

Franklin Electric Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive & fun work enviroment
Lead Mechanic (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMay 24, 2014
Pros: work hours
Cons: no lunches
Meet at the shop load the van with the supplies needed for the day. Travel to worksite unload the van & start working, I learned how to do finals & run my own crew. I enjoyed everything about this job.
Residential electrical company with fairly condensed employee base
Electrical Helper (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: easy to work with employees
Cons: hard work with long hours
They gave me my start in the trade and I got my basic knowledge in the electrical industry from them. A work day consisted of wiring residential homes, apartments and condos from the construction stage to the final stage of the dwellings. I learned the basic principles of electricity and how to pull and terminate wire, install electrical panels and – more... breakers and final install devices and fixtures in them as well. Management was fair and stayed happy as long as yhe jobs got done on time. Co-workers were a variety of extremely energetic to others being more calm and down to earth. The jobs do require very physically demanding work and consistant hard work with long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was going back to the shop at the end of the day and unloading the van and relaxing for a minute with co-workers before going home. – less
Best job I have ever had
RPG Programmer (Former Employee), HomeJanuary 22, 2014
Challenging position, excellent supervisor, great people to work with, even got to travel to Izmir, Turkey for a week and a half.
Has many areas that you can advance into.
labor, assembler, operator (Former Employee), Gas City, INSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: holidays they have carry-ins and have a bright idea program
See what need to get done for the day and in what order.
Always double check what you need is what you have and it is where you placed it.
Management has communication problems that each blames the other. Management also may blame an associate that is working on the floor if the need is there.
Co-workers are great for most part unless you get a job – more... that they are wanting.
Hardest part of the job is to be friends with everyone, even the ones who don't like you.
The enjoyable part of the job is breaks where you can talk with your friends with out everyone in your business. – less
A steady place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Gas City, INJuly 6, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: meager pay
A typical day at Franklin starts off easy because the work is predictable and steady. I learned how to work as a team and too solve problems as they arrive. The management at Franklin Electric are very nice to their employees, but there is some lack of communication between managers and employees. This lack of communication is nothing important or major, – more... but it would be nice too be notified ahead of time before some changes are made. As with all places of work there are some people you can get along with and others that take more time and effort. The hardest part about my job is trying to keep up with demand on my production when demand is high. The most enjoyable part about my job is that it is for the most part a stable job, there are people I personally know, and it is not hard to get along with people. One last thing that makes my job enjoyable is knowing that what I am doing will help others with meager subsistence to continue living another day, and that I am the only person in the world...possibly, making a difference. – less
moving overseas
Final Pack, QA (Former Employee), Siloam Springs, ARMay 2, 2013
Pros: roof
Cons: back stabbers
I worked at the plant in Siloam Springs and it shutdown and went to mexico, this town was crushed and all employees were not given a dime for severance pay. I was there for twenty years. So good luck working for them. But I guess every company is doing this.
Productive and great environment to work in
Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Bluffton, INJuly 20, 2012
Pros: great benefits, eccentric co-workers, and an all around great environment.
Cons: none available
It is great to work in an environment that is friendly and keeps challenging your skills so you may become a better asset to the company. I love working with co-workers that are not just caring, but fun to be around. It makes the work day so much better with all the positive attitudes.
Great team player and enjoys challenges
Senior Corporate Accountant (Current Employee), Bluffton, INApril 10, 2012
Pros: free coffee and flexibility for family.
Cons: a lot of tribal knowledge.
A typical day consists of working with co-workers all around the global to solve accounting issues and prepare good financials for reporting to the public.
Plant is closing in OKC
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityApril 3, 2012
I work here for 15 years, but now they are moving the plant out of Okla
Buen ambiente laboral y compañerismo
Lider Mantenimiento Electromecanico (Former Employee), Linares, NLJanuary 6, 2014
Programacion y asignacion de trabajos correctivos y preventivos de equipos, realizar trabajos de mantenimiento correctivo y preventivo.
Manejo de personal, implementasion de mejoras a equipos de produccion.
La gerencia hermetica
Trabajo en equipo y compañerismo.
Lo que mas me gusto fue haver conosido nuevas tecnologias
Buen horario de trabajo
Supervisor (Current Employee), Linares, NLEJuly 28, 2012
Pros: seguro medico, fondo de ahorro, vacaciones en diciembre.
Cons: demasiadas reglas los cuales te privan de ser tu mismo y trabajar agusto.
la parte mas dificil de trabajar aqui en franklin electric es que no toman muy en cuenta tu vida personal y en ocaciones te obligan a ir horas extras sin pensar en las necesidades... lo que mas me gusta es que ahi un buen ambiente y los torneos de futbol que se organizan ya que es una buena forma de distraerte de lo laboral y relajarte.
Uma boa empresa para se trabalhar, agradável ambiente de trabalho.
Estagiário de Engenharia Mecânica (Former Employee), Contagem, MGJune 13, 2012
Pros: bom ambiente de trabalho, boas condições de trabalho, trabalha-se sem qualquer tipo de pressão
Cons: falta um pouco mais de organização.
Bons colegas de trabalho, chefe competente e educado, sem pressão a todo momento, mais como qualquer empresa é cobrado resultados.

Franklin Electric Photos