The focus of this position is to ensure that the accuracy and timeliness of accounting records for the FSI Group of Companies (Frac Shack Inc, Frac Shack International Inc, Frac Shack America Inc) are maintained effectively in conjunction with corporate guidelines. The Senior Accountant works closely with the accounting group and the Controller to ensure that all deadlines and compliance requirements are met. This position will work to improve communication, procedures and policies of the company.
Reports to: Controller
Internal relationships: you will develop strong communications with all office staff within the FSI Group of Companies
External relationships: this position deals with customers and vendors in a positive, friendly manner always looking to develop the business further.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- To assist in the day-to-day operations of the FSI Group of Companies. This involves:
o assisting in preparing monthly internal financial statements for the FSI Group of Companies,
o evaluating internal control processes,
o preparing fixed-asset schedules,
o auditing and monitoring the accuracy of accounting transactions,
o assisting with accounts receivable collections,
o assisting with accounts payable
o assists customers with billing concerns,
o preparing monthly bank reconciliations
o filing of monthly returns for GST, PST, State and other taxes in Canada and the US
o assists with year-end financial statement preparation,
o assists with training of accounting support team
o prepares written procedures for the accounting department, as needed,
o prepares journal entries for transactions occurring, as needed,
o special projects, as directed by the Controller and the VP of Finance, and other senior managers
o formats and creates reports and other documents,
o Liaison with customers, internal departments and staff
- Ensure accurate records kept for capitalizations and amortizations
- Maintain records of asset additions and disposals
- A Diploma in accounting is a strong asset
- Completion or active pursuit of a professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA)
- A minimum of “intermediate” knowledge in all Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet Explorer.
- 3-5 years of full accounting cycle experience with auditing experience being an asset
- Experience with Microsoft NAVision or other relational database ERP systems (JDE, SAP) is a strong asset
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems in a very fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills:
o Always approachable and professional in approach; a real “relator”
o Able to keep several projects moving forward at once; nothing slips through the cracks
- A strong “team player”
- Ability to prioritize
- Adaptable to change
- A commitment to excellence.
- Salary negotiable (depending on skills and experience)
- Medical and dental benefits (after completing the probationary period)
- Profit-sharing bonus (after completing the probationary period; prorated in the first year).
To apply please send 1)Resume, 2) Cover letter, 3) References and 4) Salary Expectations to Leah Mawer. Please submit application as instructed; failure to do so may result in disqualification from competition.