Four Seasons Employee Reviews

productive but lacks life and work balance
general maintenance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario21 November 2013
nice and challenging
have room for improvements
continuous learning
a bit ok
nice, friendly and helpful
scheduling
lots of things being learned everyday
Pros
status quo
Cons
poor department management
Amazing experience!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2013
I had the opportunity to be with the best people in the industry. Great standards of service and uncomparable work ethics. Management are respectful, friendly and supportive. I made the best friends in my life in this company. The harderst part of the job is to always be "on" to avoid any mistakes. What I enjoyed the most is the team work and support from my co-workers.
Pros
Great Cafeteria food and traveling perks
Cons
High standards can put a lot of strees on employees
The most enjoyable place I worked with.
Executive Assistant to the General Manager (Former Employee) –  Egypt4 October 2013
Daily work is to prepare the daily operation meeting, deal with guests requests/complaint, assist the General Manager and Hotel Manager, write letters (thank you's and other relevant matters) on behalf of the managers.
I have learned professionalism, being in your best when dealing with guests...etc
I have worked with the most professional, level headed management
I have so much fun working with the team
I love my job so i don't find it hard to work. I did not remember any instance that I say it was the hardest.
Dealing with my colleagues, Bosses and hotel guests.
Pros
Free accommodation and food.
Cons
not much to say
Great Job
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2013
• Attend guest/residence calls
• H.V.A.C issues
• Plumbing issues
• Daily Rounds of 3 towers
Not Working in the area of my studies
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Whistler, BC28 April 2013
Would prefer to start working directly with Agricultural Business
Pros
Good Benefits / Job Security
Good benefits
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2013
- A typical day at work will be answering telephone calls from guests and wanting a lot of extra free amenities.
- I have learned to have a lot of patience in handling irate guests.
- When I first started working for the company, I had no complaints about the management. They usually acknowledge the good work I have done and made me feel appreciated.
- My co-workers are okay. They usually depend on me when it comes to group bookings and all other paper works because they know that the job wil be done and I love it when we are busy with paper works and data entry.
- The hardest part of the job is when I talk to an irate guest and start swearing at you if you are unable to give them what they want.
- The most enjoyable part of the job for me is when I'm busy.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no overtime pay
Dedicated managers, advancement opportunities
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto9 January 2013
At the Four Seasons, there is plenty of room for advancement and travel. An employee there can develop new skills. Our values at Four Seasons is to work according to the Golden Rule-to treat others the way you;d like to be treated.

On a daily basis, you deal with lots of difficult people. You learn to be positive and warm at all times. It can be difficult, it challenges your ability to think on your feet.

Every day, especially when busy, you have to work quickly to clear tables, clean tables, and make sure areas of restaurant are organised so it does not ever reach the point of overwhelm.

My coworkers range from kind and positive to demanding and cold. It is hard to meet all their demands. You must do what is most important at that given time. Running food to guests is most important.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
odd hours
great place to work
Core Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2012
A teamworker and goes above and beyond. Has given me experience and knowledge in computer programs such as: Opera, Fidelio, Micros and Microsoft office. My co-workers are great people. The hardest part of the job if I am not able to assist guest, staff and management. And the most enjoyable part of the job if I am able to provide an excellent service and makes everyone happy.
Pros
free meal
Employers/employees get along together, hard job but I had fun
Energetic member of the housekeeping department (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 November 2012
I' ve learned about teamwork. Most of my co-workers were very supportive of me especially when I just started. I like the job itself, but the hardest part of it was not having enough hours on the job. I was always on call and that was the reason why I resigned.
Pros
management was fair
Cons
because iwas in the lower seniority, i didn't have enough hours
Good work environment
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2012
Every day started with a pleasant meeting with at least 80 co-workers
and our manager. Peaceful, warm and family environment of work when I learned to keep a big smile .
A good place to work good company benefits
Laundry help (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2012
Friendly co workers and fun place to work I learned to be nice to people around me,at all times..Management was always supportive to me. Co workers was always courteous to me. The hardest part of my job was when there was a crunch. I really had to prioritize my job as I was working alone on my shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to finish my work and everything went smoothly.
Pros
free lunch at the four season hotel
Cons
working over time